1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Displacement

Displacement Senior member

Is Luxire able to elevate the buttons like Eton does? I don't know the name for it, but the stitching is thick below the button and holds it up above the fabric which allows for easier button movement.

Edit: I can't find a photo of this, but if we can ask for this treatment, how do we put it in the notes?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  2. althanis

althanis Senior member

It's called a thread shank, and yes they do it. I don't know if they do it by default, because I've asked them to do it on all 3 of my orders so far, which they've done. It's a nice little detail.

3. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

Yes, it seems there have been a several folks that have ordered suits and jackets in the past, but even fewer have posted reviews and pictures.

There was some discussion around buttonhole quality not too long ago, but it seems Luxire is working to improve that. As for fit, it's still a crapshoot, but I will probably send in a good fitting jacket to measure as I have done so for my shirt and pants order.

4. Displacement

Displacement Senior member

Althanis- much appreciated, thanks for the reply

5. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Actually I am on the short side of the spectrum, standing 172cm tall.

I hate billowing around the waist and in contrast to most other users around here my shirts are nowhere near as wide at the bottom as in the chest.
    Still I further try to further improve the fit of my shirts to get as little billowing as somewhat possible without restricting my freedom of movement and without pulling around the lowest button.
    I read somewhere that another button could/would reduce the billowing, so I gave it a try.
    I did not notice much of a difference and discarded it because I had the following shirts made shorter and did not see any use in another button on a shirt which was made to be worn untucked.

I think you should just give it a try, it's always best to experience features like that first hand.
    What might not work for me might work for you and vice versa.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  6. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Hey Jester,

What are winters like there in Phoenix? I know what the summers are like as I lived in Coachella Valley(Palm Desert,CA) for three years, but how cool does it get there? I might be looking at transfering there sometime next year.

7. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Gets down ti the 30's some times at night. Not longer than 2-3 months really. Perfect in the day.

8. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

I am planning on ordering some pants - the standard chinos (http://luxire.com/collections/pants/products/khaki-chino) and have a question about rise. I am doing:

Front rise: 10.75''
    Back Rise: 15.25''

Do you think this would be okay to keep them pretty standard? I don't want any sagging in the front or back. I know everybody is different, but I am hoping somebody can chime in.

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

Expecting a linen shirt soon with a NOBD collar and a tweaked fit. I was bummed that it was taking so long, but considering it's been 90+ all week I think it'll be a good addition.

10. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

When did you order? Mine are going to take 3-4 weeks. :-(

Quality takes time I guess.

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I placed my last order about 3 weeks ago, still waiting for the money to be taken out of my account so I'm guessing they haven't started work on my shirt or pants yet.

12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

easier button movement? what does this mean? Is the button hole just reinforced?

13. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

I noticed the buttons of late are kinda milky white opaque, lacking the luster of old. Are there new button options?

14. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

^
    Yes, search this thread for "milky white". :) (Seriously.)

15. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

I got roughly 90 swatches, mainly shirts, but ~10 pants as well.
    Maybe I get around to uploading them (some of them already exist), if there is interest.

3 people like this.
  16. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

So was I :)

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Is this the Blue End-on-End Linen?

18. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Yes. It's nice and soft. A bit lighter IRL, but probably a touch darker than in this pic :):

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  19. kulata

kulata Senior member

Sweet

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  20. Wade

Wade Senior member

can you not read two posts above you?