• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

norMD

Reaction score
Also, we photograph most pieces before they leave our studio. Recently, they were all added to an online repository. Is fun browsing.
Depending on the mood, they eye catches items of different types. These days, it has been the staples.

Is it possible for us to browse this archive?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is it possible for us to browse this archive?
The archive will need to me moved to a sharable, public area for all to access. We will probably do that in the near future.
We will also need to clean it up a bit. There are a lot of ordersheet images, which have names and addresses.

poilu

Reaction score
Also, we photograph most pieces before they leave our studio. Recently, they were all added to an online repository. Is fun browsing.
Depending on the mood, they eye catches items of different types. These days, it has been the staples.

@luxire
I’ve noticed this on a lot of your trousers, including my pair. The back rise is often an inch higher than the front rise.
This lead to unsightly bunching under the back waistband, which naturally wants to sit horizontally along the waist.
Given that your measurements form does not have a back rise and a front rise measurement individually (I provided a total rise measurements) I was wondering why this is so common. My tailor mentioned how unusual this is when I showed him the trousers, and said that trousers should not be constructed in this way.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The back-rise being higher than front rise is quite standard. Do send us fit images. We can advise on the required changes to get you to the fit you desire.

Megakurth

Reaction score
People who are staying at home (I guess most of us) - What are you mostly wearing during the lockdown?

It has been shorts and t-shirt for me primarily. When going out, am wearing some trousers and polo, the idea being that they can then be quickly washed in the machine and dried.

Learning: The woven cotton shorts have been more comfortable in the heat than the knitted ones.
Loose T-shirts with a bigger neck opening are more comfortable. Thin, old, worn-out ones get preference.

What has your experience been?
I’ve been alternating between my Luxire Linen-Cotton pajamas (which are probably the most comfortable piece of clothing that I own) and an OCBD shirt for the obligatory Zoom/Google Hangout work-related calls.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been alternating between my Luxire Linen-Cotton pajamas (which are probably the most comfortable piece of clothing that I own)
Details please. And how did you measure?

Megakurth

Reaction score
Details please. And how did you measure?
Will try to post photos after the next wash.

Ordered them as part of Black Friday sale in

With white piping, tan horn buttons, and mother of pearl buttons on the pants.

Luxire created the pattern utilizing my existing pattern (I have jacket, pants and shirt patterns on file).

They may not be for everyone, but they’re great for around the house (haven’t been getting out much due to COVID-19), especially with a newborn. Easy to wash and clean as well and have been getting softer with wear and wash.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Megakurth Thanks bruv. It’s time for me to wear grown up PJs. I’ve been wearing sweatpants for the past 4 weeks LoL

flx

Reaction score
Are there already any news on the production lockdown ? Last I've read was 15th of April but I'm not following the news in India too closely (from what I've read I'd think its likely that it'll be extended).

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are there any news on the production lockdown ? Last I've read was 15th of April or has it already been extended.
I'm not following the situation in India too closely but from what I've read I'd guess it'll be extended.
May be extended by another 2 weeks. No final word yet. There are also talks of allowing some businesses to operate. We will know in a couple of days.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.