• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

boot_owl

Reaction score
Just received part 1 of my Black Friday order. Fresh batch of winter flannels just in time for... Australian summer (lol). Took one linen pair too.

Sent in a bespoke pair of trousers - as we all know, Luxire does a magnificent job of copying samples. Allow me to add to their list of successes.

bespoke sample by Dylan and Son:

Fresh Luxire flannels (lightened, actual:

Fresh linen cotton canvas from Luxire:

VL22

Reaction score
Just received part 1 of my Black Friday order. Fresh batch of winter flannels just in time for... Australian summer (lol). Took one linen pair too.

Sent in a bespoke pair of trousers - as we all know, Luxire does a magnificent job of copying samples. Allow me to add to their list of successes
Really like the drawstring closure trousers, can you describe the style a bit more?

boot_owl

Reaction score
Really like the drawstring closure trousers, can you describe the style a bit more?
It's a stock style from Luxire that I had made up with no changes in measurements specified vs my dress trousers.

The waistband doesn't have as much stretch as you might see in say sweatpants, so it can take a bit of effort to get on. It is however tight enough to stay at my waist without needing to tie the drawstring overly tight, and is comfortable to wear. I would probably have preferred a slightly longer drawstring, but the fit itself is clearly excellent.

I intend to wear these during summer in situations where Jeans may be a little too warm - I may even order an indigo or navy pair down the line.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sent in a bespoke pair of trousers - as we all know, Luxire does a magnificent job of copying samples. Allow me to add to their list of successes.

bespoke sample by Dylan and Son:

View attachment 1321984View attachment 1321985View attachment 1321986

Fresh Luxire flannels (lightened, actual:
View attachment 1321987View attachment 1321989View attachment 1321990
Fresh linen cotton canvas from Luxire:

View attachment 1321991View attachment 1321992View attachment 1321993
That's fantastic. I did the same thing after several trial and errors. Just sent in a pair of bespoke trousers and let Luxire replicate it, which they did a great job with.

As to your drawstring trousers, what's the fabric you've used? I wonder if the style is to casual for wool trousers. I envision that this style would look great with a pair of linen trousers.

boot_owl

Reaction score
That's fantastic. I did the same thing after several trial and errors. Just sent in a pair of bespoke trousers and let Luxire replicate it, which they did a great job with.

As to your drawstring trousers, what's the fabric you've used? I wonder if the style is to casual for wool trousers. I envision that this style would look great with a pair of linen trousers.
I used This cotton linen canvas

I would say the style is definitely too casual for worsteds. You could probably pull it off for more casual trousers such as donegal tweeds or something with a pattern though. I can confirm that this style looks great in linen - just check out Informale.

Daraven

Reaction score
Here we go, just received shipping notifications for 4 trousers! Can't wait!

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would say the style is definitely too casual for worsteds. You could probably pull it off for more casual trousers such as donegal tweeds or something with a pattern though. I can confirm that this style looks great in linen - just check out Informale.
Care to share the order# for style reference? Thanks.

JIMB

Reaction score

@DonRaphael I used this cotton-linen fabric for a pair of "normal" trousers, but I think they'd be really good for the drawstring style. I'm planning to replace my existing pair with the drawstring when they wear out (eventually -- they are surprisingly hearty).

They look a little closer to khaki color IRL, I should have some pictures in this thread.

VL22

Reaction score
It's a stock style from Luxire that I had made up with no changes in measurements specified vs my dress trousers.

The waistband doesn't have as much stretch as you might see in say sweatpants, so it can take a bit of effort to get on. It is however tight enough to stay at my waist without needing to tie the drawstring overly tight, and is comfortable to wear. I would probably have preferred a slightly longer drawstring, but the fit itself is clearly excellent.

I intend to wear these during summer in situations where Jeans may be a little too warm - I may even order an indigo or navy pair down the line.
Would you recommend increase the waist slightly from the standard pattern to make them easier to get on?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DonRaphael I used this cotton-linen fabric for a pair of "normal" trousers, but I think they'd be really good for the drawstring style. I'm planning to replace my existing pair with the drawstring when they wear out (eventually -- they are surprisingly hearty).

They look a little closer to khaki color IRL, I should have some pictures in this thread.
Thanks. Would love to see some real life pictures of the trousers.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Would you recommend increase the waist slightly from the standard pattern to make them easier to get on?
Honestly couldn't say until I've worn it a few times. I think increasing the waist could be risky if you use the pockets for anything.

Reaction score
What's the recommended way to adjust an existing pattern for a higher rise? i.e. so that it sits higher up the waist/hips?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 147 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 132 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%