• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Members of our tailoring team had a long discussion today on what NOBD could mean? Why is the collar called so?

Heard some very interesting theories but the answer was still elusive. Discussion expected to continue tomorrow.

Wondering what would happen when they get to NOBD 2.

:laugh: Tell me about the theories!

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
laugh.gif
Tell me about the theories!

It seems the discussion revolved around NO for a long time as there was consensus that BD stands for button-down.

ammanati

Reaction score
Sky Blue Oxford and Blue Dress Stripes arrived. Standard button down and English spread collar respectively. Improved fit especially in the chest area. This oxford fabric is really amazing! I love it. Photos taken shortly after I have taken them out of the box.

Pants photos in the next post.

ammanati

Reaction score
This is Khaki Heavy Twill fabric. I wanted something thicker than all chinos fabric in order to maintain the 'shape' after ironing. They're straight from the box so you can check the colour and details for now. This is my second pair from Luxire. I have to say I am more amazed this time. Fit is excellent! I feel great wearing them. I've taken some photos of the fit - see the next post.

ammanati

Reaction score
I am open for discussion about the fit, both pants and shirts. Yes I have pleats, no I don't have cuffs. I have quite short legs so I am always affraid of 'making' them even shorter. I need high rise pants and straight lines. Please comment.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@ammanati: I'm going to say "Fuaaark" those trousers look good. I'm think I'm going to place my order in the next few days, but I still need how to get the measurements righr, mjester has helped me a lot, giving me some tips on how to avoid the pocket flare, but I need my tailor to bring the trouser that fit me "well" so I can take the measurements and modify them.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn. I'm mad jealous.

Hopefully my next pair fits me well. Tired of my weird lower body.

eta: Yeah I still say cuffs with pleats and cuffs without pleats are OK. But pleats without cuffs is weird. Still looks great.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ammanati - the neck in the striped shirt looks a tad big to my eye... I can see a bit of space between the shirt collar and your neck. But I generally like my collars to fit pretty snug, especially on a shirt that I button all the way up and wear with a tie. Personal preference, you may like your collars a bit looser.

coolron

Reaction score
Here's my shirt out of the box, excuse the wrinkles. I feel that it's a bit too full in the body but curious to here what you guys think.

Xtra

Reaction score
2 good options have been with us for months now but missed adding them. Tomorrow positively.

Excellent Luxire, looking forward to that. :)

ammanati: I would slim down the sleeves quite a bit on both shirts, otherwise they look quite good.

Pants also look nice.

Last edited:

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am open for discussion about the fit, both pants and shirts. Yes I have pleats, no I don't have cuffs. I have quite short legs so I am always affraid of 'making' them even shorter. I need high rise pants and straight lines. Please comment.

Is it just me, or are the shoulders too wide? I am not sure, just asking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads