1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ScootManSam

ScootManSam Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments. Yea I think you're right about the sleeves. The issue though is that on my left cuff I added a slight allowance to fit a watch underneath. When you do this, however, you're sleeve will hit farther down your wrist. I tried to offset this by making my left sleeve a hair shorter so the left sleeve definitely is hanging. How do you account for the watch while still allowing your shirt to rest in the correct spot, rather than hang?

I actually had them lower the waist point by about 4" so I think the waist is basically my lower back. Isn't the narrowest part of your torso basically your lower back? Or do you recommend decreasing it below the natural waist?

Hmm I see what you're saying. I can't walk around with my cheeks clenched all day though. Might have to see a chiropractor for that one.

2. Hallock

Hallock Member

I don't want to be difficult, but the people I have been in contact with are not taking responsibility for mistakes made in the manufacturing of the shirt. I have tried to take as detailed of photos as possible in strict accordance with what is on their website and have taken overhead shots, as flat as possible with one shirt atop the other so there is zero confusion. To again state the measurements in question, that were confirmed by the email:

Sleeves: 30.5"
    Chest: 20.5"
    Waist: 18.5"

High resolution photo from above, so you can see there is no fold or crease on the shirt below.

[​IMG]

Close-up of the arms.

[​IMG]

The cuff itself. The Luxire shirt measures between 27.5" to 27.75", the other measures 30.5" (or a hair under). I can measure these in any variety of ways, it simply does not add up to 30.5".

[​IMG]

The chest. On the Luxire shirt it measures barely 19.5" (the shirt is not aligned on the left), the one below measures 20.5".

[​IMG]

The waist. On the Luxire shirt it's about 17.75", the shirt below is 19" (note: I reduced this measurement to 18.5" for a slimmer fit).

[​IMG]

Finally, the tear in the arm. This is inside the shirt, top of the shoulder where it meets the sleeve. It goes through the first set of stitching (not apparent externally, which is why I did not notice it when I first contacted them).

[​IMG]

I believe I have been as detailed as I can — I do not believe any measurements I gave were purposefully false or inaccurate. When I first got the shirt, tried it on and I could hardly fit into it, I went through the process of re-measuring to my order before I contacted their customer service.

1 person likes this.
  3. burksmneu

burksmneu New Member

icer finishing and better attention to detail than jantzen.[​IMG]

4. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Cool indeed. Can be done as desired.
    We did this for the jackets of groomsmen with an image of their friendship lining their jackets. For the bridesmaids, we printed the silk with an image adorning the side, but the dresses were made someplace else.

1 person likes this.
  5. PasFear

PasFear New Member

From this it appears clear to me that there was a manufacturing error. Luxire has confirmed that the order was for a sleeve length of 30.50" and it is evident that the shirt you show above is well short of that. I would imagine that Luxire will take care of this, no? I think there was some confusion over the first picture you posted as they thought the light blue shirt you measured as a reference was the shirt they made for you.

Quote:
    Perhaps it's just me, but I would take issue if Luxire was to post a private email I sent to them. I would expect some measure of privacy for the communications between us.

As an aside, a month ago I received my first MTM shirt from Luxire and I am tremendously satisfied with it. My second order was put in a few days after my last one arrived and I can't wait to see how the minor adjustments to my measurements go.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. scrumb

scrumb New Member

I just received my 2nd batch of shirts and a test run for chinos. Once again the shirts fit great and were exactly what I was looking for. The summer weight chinos were well made and fit great. The bad part of this experience was the shipping time. I placed the order at the end of May and received it 9 August. I am at an APO, as such I cannot receive FedEx shipments. So Luxire sends them to their New Jersey office to forward on to me. This worked fine the first time, and shipping took a week or so....unfortunately this time they made a mistake when they addressed my package and the package was in a black hole until it could be returned to NJ and shipped out again. No info was provided to me until I sent emails. Emails were answered promptly. They admitted they made a mistake but at the same time praised their logistics process. Which confused me since it had failed. Most recently, prior to receiving my order yesterday, I explained my frustration to Theresa and asked how Luxire planned to keep me as a customer. For the first time there was no response from Luxire.

So I am in a predicament. I like their clothing, but over 2 months wait is crazy. I don't trust they can get the orders out in a timely manner. And not offering some type of compensation for what was admittedly their mistake...that doesn't sit well with me. As I explained to Theresa the MTM market is crowded and we have a lot of choices.

7. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

Ordered my first pair of pants through luxire - let's see how they turn out. Ordered in dark-grey linen/cotton.

8. Vodking

Vodking Well-Known Member

I wouldn't blame them for trying to get rid of you. Do you make a habit of patronising the people you deal with?

9. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Named spoiler appropriately for you.

You're welcome.

10. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

This is a legit argument. Numbers don't lie.

11. luxire

Legit concerns are never ignored. Regulars know that very well, newbies will learn.

2 people like this.
  12. althanis

althanis Senior member

Can someone explain what is so bad about signing up here to share your experience? It's like people keep shitting on low post count people who have issues.

2 people like this.
  13. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I don't know many MTM places, especially online ones, that turn stuff much faster than 2 months. If you have one that works for you, by all means consider using them if you truly care about punctuality and speed. You have to decide if punctuality is your primary concern or if you care more about things like fit, quality and price. Compared with some of the stories I've seen on SF about issues with artisans and reliability, a 2 month wait and issue with shipping to an APO sound like non-issues.

14. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

It's bad form to join an online community for the purpose of trashing members and/or affiliates of said community. People with low post counts get the responses they do because most of their posts read like inane Yelp reviews, they often lack perspective on how the MTM process works (anyone who thinks two months is a long wait for MTM clothing probably does not have much experience with the process) and we have no real way to evaluate whether their issues are legitimate. I for one trust the word of someone who has spent some time lurking and posting here and has shared experiences, good and not so good, on a variety of subjects, over someone who signs up to complain.

3 people like this.
  15. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I think everyone has the right to post view points on the forums, but to complain about that time frame is not right. Most places are around that time or longer.

16. razl

razl Senior member

+1, +1, +1...

Althanis (and other similar posters) should note that this isn't just some thread started by customer to share their own personal experiences but the vendor's StyleForum "official" affiliate thread - I think they even pay for it. The primary intention is for them the vendor to use the channel to communicate with us the consumer. Public airing of every individual consumer issue (even if justified) should probably go in another thread unless the poster is confident it affects the vendor and/or a large segment of the community.

The incessant drip-drip-drip of "look what they didn't do right on my order!" just craps up the whole thread and gives a black eye to the vendor who, otherwise, may be doing a 99.99% excellent job.

17. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Looks like these are not your mistakes.

18. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I agree. Somehow I feel like luxire and he have already gone a couple rounds during email. And honestly if you start with 'how do you expect to keep me as a customer"... Not going to get good results from the people who you want something from.

Also, given Luxire's record of helping people, even when the customer was in the wrong, is excellent... I feel as though we are missing part of the argument, and the part not being told is why luxire won't do it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  19. luxire

Some interesting shades of Linen Cotton have landed:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  20. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Just noticed that the money for these was deducted recently, so hopefully only another week or two before I get to see how Luxire have done. Can't wait!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013