1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. joshuasaussey

joshuasaussey Senior member

Shirt is looking great, tempted to order a shirt in that fabric..

2. Turner

Turner Senior member

I had my first (test-) shirt made with shirred shoulders and yoke. Both were executed beautifully and I will keep the shirred shoulders at future shirts for more "sprezz" and to visually broaden my narrow shoulders. But I wasn't satisfied with the shirred yoke (one of their standard options).

http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/87705...official-affiliate-thread/sort/display_order/

The yoke height is very short by default, which is understandable from an esthetic point of view, since a higher yoke with shirring would look unbalanced. Luxire also told us:

Quote: While this is certainly true, I find the short yoke uncomfortable, because now the yoke seam is sitting at the most unfavorable part of the shoulder line and since the seam is less yielding than the rest of the fabric, it cuts into the skin when moving the arms forward. But everyone is built different, so it might work for you.

1 person likes this.
  3. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Dude... get some higher rise and looser fitting trousers, please! From the waist down, I'd swear that was a pic of a female. :lol:

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

The picture makes them look to have a lower rise than they actually do, since you can only see the top half of my body. I'm tall with long legs so I look more proportioned with a full body shot. They're Epaulet rivet chinos, which actually have a fairly high rise for a casual chino, I think these are close to 11". Not sure I'd want to go any higher than that for a casual fabric, although my dress trousers do have a higher rise.

Edit- these are actually closer to 10" rather than 11", it's my dress trousers that are in the 11" range. Years ago before I knew any better, I used to buy Mabitex wool trousers that had like a 9.5" rise. That was definitely an awful look.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  5. coolron

coolron Senior member

Really liking that outfit B, can't wait to get my Luxire shirt back.

6. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

Thanks for pictures of the shirred yoke and shoulders. Based on your pics, I personally would stick with two side pleats vs. shirred yoke or vs. center pleat for that matter. For my first Luxire shirt I ordered no pleats based on my reference shirt as the slight tightness when lifting my arms don't bother me. That said, the look of cleanly made side pleats on a shirt don't both me either.

7. ScootManSam

ScootManSam Well-Known Member

That shirt overall looks great Beatlegeuse. The only other change I might make besides the cuff and sleeves is possibly decreasing the yoke very slightly. I think this may eliminate some of that pleating below your armholes. This would probably require you to add a little extra sleeve length to compensate. That's probably more of a comfort/personal preference thing though, and def not necessary.

I just received my first two shirts yesterday. I was nervous that they sent two shirts on my first order (I only meant to order one at a time), but I seem to have nailed it with the fit... Pheww. The University Stripes oxford fabric is really soft and nubby, and I love these fat MOP white buttons. The collar is a beast with 2" height and 3.5" points with serious roll, but I love it. I'd probably do the point down collar on my next button down. The other one is the pencil stripe dress shirt, also with a beastly collar. I'll post some fit pics later to see if you guys have any proposed adjustments.

8. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Gotcha. Maybe just pleat the back then. :-/

Thanks!

9. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Fresco is a little itchy, I had no idea. I literally drove home at lunch, scarfed down chipotle, threw these pants on out of the shipping box, and drove back to work. So, here are my first pair from Luxire. I think the fit is pretty great for a first attempt. The pockets dont gap at all, which is amazing given my thighs/butt (crossfit). They may be my only pair that don't. They came ironed flat (side to side) hence the bulge at the sides right now. Only complaint: I wanted DAKS side adjusters and instead got metal + belt loops. I'll probably just have the metal adjusters taken off because I don't really like the look on casual pants. Anyway, here are pics:

[​IMG]

I'll post a review later, but the quality feels high just wearing 'em.

4 people like this.
  10. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Those look great. Sorry you didn't get the DAKS. I'm sure they'd fix it for you if you really wanted them to.

Mine came ironed side by side as well. After the fit pics, I ironed the creases in them.

Mine don't have the pocket gap either. I'm thrilled about that. Seriously.

11. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

I'm sure they'd fix it, I just don't care enough to ask.

12. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

Itchy like in an itchy wool sweater or more like the rough itchiness of linen? don't like either, but can tolerate the linen much more.

Sorry to hear about the DAKS adjusters. I ordered DAKS for my pants as well. Hopefully they get it right for me.

13. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Hookem, that looks very very good.

14. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

Probably a stupid question but what is a pocket gap?

15. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

When your pants don't fit you well and your side pockets 'gap' - they stay open.

16. Jorme

Jorme Active Member

[​IMG]

Hey Luxire, I recently ordered a grey oxford and sent this custom pocket diagram along to the contact email. Is is possible to create custom pocket shapes, I havent heard back yet? FYI the pocket would be on the left side, sloping to the center of the chest.

17. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Sorry for being pedantic, but I think it's usually called "gape," since they gape open. Although, I suppose the gaping causes a gap.

Btw, Beatlegueuse, I agreed w/ mjester's recs for your shirt, in case you missed my thumb above.

18. althanis

althanis Senior member

I call it flare.

It's the difference between:

[​IMG]
    And:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

[​IMG]

/sarcasm

20. aglose

aglose Senior member

I have a bit of this. Is it caused by the buttocks not having enough fabric?