• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Indigo Dress Stripes
34693_1.jpg
34693_2.jpg
34693_3.jpg

emptym

Reaction score
@emptym

how does the beige work as a dressy sub for khakis? That’s basically what I’m looking for, so I’m between those and the dugdale beige cavalry twills which are somehow still $300: https://luxire.com/products/dugdale_white_rose_4212?_pos=14&_sid=7afee28b9&_ss=r#/
I think so. I wear them with tweed sport coats and a tie. The heathering makes them a bit less formal than those dugdales, perhaps. I wouldn't wear the drapers with a navy blazer, for example. Although, I would and do wear Minnis gray flannels with a navy blazer, and those are even more mottled than the drapers whipcords... Mine have single forward pleats, off-seam pockets, and cuffs. I think if I were to get them again, I'd get flat fronts, frog mouth pockets, and no cuffs to wear more casually with a sweater. For some reason I gravitate more toward grays and stone pants in the winter with coat and tie. In warm weather I ear khaki fresco, cotton, or tropical wool pants a lot though.
Would love to this photos of your trousers if you have any
I don't have any of them worn, but here's a pic I posted recently with the darker gray drapers:

There used to be a bunch of pics in the Ambrosi thread, but I can't seem to find them. I'll try to wear them on Monday.
Very versatile color and pattern. I have an old rtw one that I like to wear tieless w./ a sport coat.

Last edited:

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think so. I wear them with tweed sport coats and a tie. The heathering makes them a bit less formal than those dugdales, perhaps. I wouldn't wear the drapers with a navy blazer, for example. Although, I would and do wear Minnis gray flannels with a navy blazer, and those are even more mottled than the drapers whipcords... Mine have single forward pleats, off-seam pockets, and cuffs. I think if I were to get them again, I'd get flat fronts, frog mouth pockets, and no cuffs to wear more casually with a sweater. For some reason I gravitate more toward grays and stone pants in the winter with coat and tie. In warm weather I ear khaki fresco, cotton, or tropical wool pants a lot though.
I don't have any of them worn, but here's a pic I posted recently with the darker gray dugdale:
View attachment 1285377
There used to be a bunch of pics in the Ambrosi thread, but I can't seem to find them. I'll try to wear them on Monday.

Very versatile color and pattern. I have an old rtw one that I like to wear tieless w./ a sport coat.

"I wear them with tweeds" is all I needed to hear. Ordered.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That coat would look even better with proper overcoat buttons. Those buttons are too small IMO.
Thank you for your reply. Please find a below-attached image with larger buttons.
CAMEL JACKET.jpg

Aloysius16

Reaction score
To take a hip measurement from my own pants should I measure flat across the front from edge to edge or from outseam to outseam? Because the back part is wider, the edge to edge measurement will be bigger.

‘The Luxire guidance implies edge to edge (so doubled would be total hip circumference) but my last pants order came too big around the hips and only matched my specified measurements from seam to seam across the front, so would be good to confirm.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To take a hip measurement from my own pants should I measure flat across the front from edge to edge or from outseam to outseam? Because the back part is wider, the edge to edge measurement will be bigger.

‘The Luxire guidance implies edge to edge (so doubled would be total hip circumference) but my last pants order came too big around the hips and only matched my specified measurements from seam to seam across the front, so would be good to confirm.
Measure from edge to edge. If the pants have pleas]t, then measure with the pleats closed.

If you already have a pair of pants from us, I can recommend that you share fit images over email. We will advise on the required changes for the next pair.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Added the coveted and demanded VBC/Drapers Covert twill. They call the shade beige.

To get things moving, price today is $199.99 for pants. Tomorrow, will be $249.99. It will not be on sale during Thanksgiving weekend.

If this moves a bit, will add more shades tomorrow. The product on VBC site is this.

This brown is also from the same book, VBC 584.

View attachment 1284960

FWIW, I ordered my pair yesterday, and I would definitely order a pair in the gray that @emptym just posted as well if that same offer is on the table.

-DL

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Received my second iteration of trousers. The fit is definitely improving but I don’t like the trial fabric which seems like it has a little bit of stretch. Therefore I don’t get a good drape on these...
From my point of view, I need to clean up the back and the next pair needs to be 3cm longer. In the back it seems like there is too much fabric.
Can anyone say something about the seat and what needs to change?

Attachments

• 754C6BBB-9F37-41D5-B2F7-5A8889145297.jpeg
    754C6BBB-9F37-41D5-B2F7-5A8889145297.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 5DEF1AD1-4E70-45B5-BFCD-B5A9BA47263F.jpeg
    5DEF1AD1-4E70-45B5-BFCD-B5A9BA47263F.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 79F4087A-C57C-442E-A5C9-179985D9AE5E.jpeg
    79F4087A-C57C-442E-A5C9-179985D9AE5E.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 91

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received my second iteration of trousers. The fit is definitely improving but I don’t like the trial fabric which seems like it has a little bit of stretch. Therefore I don’t get a good drape on these...
From my point of view, I need to clean up the back and the next pair needs to be 3cm longer. In the back it seems like there is too much fabric.
Can anyone say something about the seat and what needs to change?
This seems to be a recurring problem with Luxire trousers even though they apparently have made changes to their pattern design. I would suggest you send these photos to them for their recommendations. IMO the seat seam needs to be lengthened by a fair amount and "scooped" more (i.e. more curved, less straight). It is currently too short and straight, which is why the fabric is being pulled between your buttocks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads