• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

emptym

Reaction score
Monti Soft white twill

View attachment 1280300

Silky body; soft, almost brushed surface. Opacity is good, you can see just a bit of contrast with the placket and pocket. Wrinkle resistance average, this picture was towards the end of the day, part of which I had the sleeves rolled up. Main downside is the soft surface can pick up lint, but I don't think it's noticeable by others. Overall, I'd recommend with above reservations.

Style note: I love pockets, but will have to forgo on future white dress shirts. Doesn't look great IMO.
The pocket might look better with a placket. I almost always get a placket and a single, buttoned pocket on my shirts. I think I have one from Luxire that has no placket and two buttoned pockets, plus a square hem with side vents -- to wear untucked w/o an undershirt in really hot weather.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Anyone have a semi-spread collar design they really like wearing without a tie? I'm looking to make a few shirts to be worn (gasp) with a suit but no tie. Ideally a semi-spread that won't roll too hard/ride up-or-down when worn without a tie. I find my current formal collars (based off a tweaked Barba design) start to roll too severely at the top when worn sans-tie. No explicit preference on lining or fusing, though I'd prefer something that looks natural (collar bones need not apply). Any takers?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a semi-spread collar design they really like wearing without a tie? I'm looking to make a few shirts to be worn (gasp) with a suit but no tie. Ideally a semi-spread that won't roll too hard/ride up-or-down when worn without a tie. I find my current formal collars (based off a tweaked Barba design) start to roll too severely at the top when worn sans-tie. No explicit preference on lining or fusing, though I'd prefer something that looks natural (collar bones need not apply). Any takers?
I have a lot of success with the English spread collars there

_coelho

Reaction score
I had a custom semi-spread, unfused and very lightly lined collar made for those occasions when a tie isn't necessary, but that's still large and tall enough to wear with a jacket. Check it out:

The collar is floppier than what I'd like, but it works well with a jacket when I put metal collar stays on and starch the collar band a little bit. Since you are worried about rolling, I'd recommend going for a more rigid interlining. Order number is 36218, collar points are 10cm and collarband height is 4cm

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40