• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Quesjac

Reaction score
@luxire can you help me understand the new pant pattern process?

I have been in conversation by email about updating my pattern and one of your team recommend I move to a new pattern, but warned this may take another 2-3 iterations to improve.

I am currently 95% happy with my trousers, and feel like they could just use a few tweaks, so I am hesitant to go down this route (it seems wasteful to make several pairs which might be unwearable) but I would appreciate any thoughts.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire can you help me understand the new pant pattern process?

I have been in conversation by email about updating my pattern and one of your team recommend I move to a new pattern, but warned this may take another 2-3 iterations to improve.

I am currently 95% happy with my trousers, and feel like they could just use a few tweaks, so I am hesitant to go down this route (it seems wasteful to make several pairs which might be unwearable) but I would appreciate any thoughts.
The new methods have worked remarkably well. We are seeing some great results for all shirts, pants and jackets.

Quesjac

Reaction score
The new methods have worked remarkably well. We are seeing some great results for all shirts, pants and jackets.
Thanks --- do you think changing to the new method would still produce trousers that are wearable or do you recommend going back to test pants?

Just trying to get an idea of how major these changes are.

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Since when is the „new method“ in place ? Wondering what It really means and whether my pants are made with it...

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new method is for new patterns. Luxire still replicates old patterns if the customer’s fit is already dialed in.

VL22

Reaction score
But if the pattern is 95% wouldnt it be much easier for everybody involved to adjust it?

Would be nice to see the fit of a pair of trousers made with the new pattern

txm22

Reaction score
Can anyone provide any insight into the specific improvements in the new stock pattern? I'm probably in the same boat as the OP (80-90%) there with my existing pattern, but some of the tweaks at this point are not as simple as increasing or decreasing thigh/hip measurements by +/- 1 cm.

I'm thinking about testing out a pair with the new pattern. Should I just provide Luxire with the existing pant measurements that fit me best (i.e., those from my existing pair) and see where that takes me?

Quesjac

Reaction score
But if the pattern is 95% wouldnt it be much easier for everybody involved to adjust it?

Would be nice to see the fit of a pair of trousers made with the new pattern
This crossed my mind. It would be useful to know how major the changes are. I wouldn't want to go through another 2-3 pairs just to get back into the same minor tweak territory again, plus money, tailors' time and airmiles spent.

The new pattern did not work for me, however I am likely the exception not the rule.
Are you able to give a sense of the difference? Was it a different block adjusted to similar linear measurements?

Can anyone provide any insight into the specific improvements in the new stock pattern? I'm probably in the same boat as the OP (80-90%) there with my existing pattern, but some of the tweaks at this point are not as simple as increasing or decreasing thigh/hip measurements by +/- 1 cm.
This is the interesting question. I think it's hard to perfect something by email if (like me!) you keep changing from wool to cotton to linen and so on. But for the same reason I don't yet see how changing the base pattern will overcome that challenge.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your tone doesn't sound like your pattern is at 95%. Trying to achieve 100% fit is really an exercise in futility. Might as well go the full bespoke route and even then there's no guarantee.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Your tone doesn't sound like your pattern is at 95%. Trying to achieve 100% fit is really an exercise in futility. Might as well go the full bespoke route and even then there's no guarantee.
I agree it's about expectations, but what I meant was that the variations in fit in my orders seems to me as much about differences in fabrics as it does the pattern.

The other reason is my weight is fluctuating a bit, so I still expect to be making small adjustments to pattern regardless of how good it is, for as long as I'm making progress in the gym.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In our older system, we would try and follow the measurements closely. The focus was on accurately meeting the order specifications. There were a lot of variables which would affect the fit.

In the new system, we determine the body shape from the measurements and the pattern is made to the shape specific standard "structure". We have created the system after closely studying thousands of patterns, measurements and customer fit images. If measurements do not match, we contact the customer for additional information.
The focus now is on getting the fit right.

We are seeing very good results.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If your old pattern is "almost there", ask us for a pattern review. If we determine that the shape is "off the structure", we would recommend redoing the pattern.

If asking for a review, please be patient. It is a process that takes time.

This was the case with @Quesjac . We did a pattern review and believe that the new process will work much better for him.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.