• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

StartingStyle

Reaction score
@LuxireStudios I haven’t received adjustments for the fit of my pants yet. Order number is #35308.

VL22

Reaction score
Got my third and most questionable order yesterday. I have nothing to complain about quality of fit or craftmanship.
I am very happy with Luxire's work. About 7-8 weeks between order and delivery with only minor adjustments from previous order.

I, however, ask myself "Why did I order this?" ? and "When will I use this?"
Luxire Selvedge in Gurhka style:
IMG_20190815_061321008_HDR.jpg IMG_20190815_061259292_HDR.jpg IMG_20190815_062557044_HDR_2.jpg

Fit is what I ordered, but it would have been a better idea to use a slimmer and more tapered fit, and remove the pleats. Or probably just use another (non-denim) fabric.

angusangus

Reaction score
Got my third and most questionable order yesterday.

Uhhh. Initially horrified at the garment shot but salvaged by the balling fit pic. Based on my rollercoaster emotions I'd say the gamble paid off nicely

Amba

Reaction score
I'm in the process of ordering a pair of flannels for the winter, can anybody recommend a mid grey flannel under 150?

Also, what is the concencus regarding luxires ability to make long sleeve polos? Is it worth it to base a long sleeve polo from one of my shirt measurements? I saw there is multiple white polo fabrics available, any recommendation here too?
Thanks!

Quesjac

Reaction score
Fit is what I ordered, but it would have been a better idea to use a slimmer and more tapered fit, and remove the pleats. Or probably just use another (non-denim) fabric.

Classic situation of can vs. should I think. They actually look pretty good imo, but as you say there are not many occasions where you'd be best served by a piece like this. That said, it's a nice model for a wool trouser!

I'm in the process of ordering a pair of flannels for the winter, can anybody recommend a mid grey flannel under 150?

Also, what is the concencus regarding luxires ability to make long sleeve polos? Is it worth it to base a long sleeve polo from one of my shirt measurements? I saw there is multiple white polo fabrics available, any recommendation here too?
Thanks!

Plenty of flannels in my guide but for your budget basically go for the $99 wool/poly blend, or go for $199 VBC I think, there's not that much in the middle so far as I know.

Polos: I've seen good results from others but recommend you don't just use your shirt pattern. I did that and they just didn't feel quite right. Polos should be cut a different shape imo, unless you are just going to make a regular shirt in pique (also an option).

VL22

Reaction score
Classic situation of can vs. should I think. They actually look pretty good imo, but as you say there are not many occasions where you'd be best served by a piece like this. That said, it's a nice model for a wool trouser!

Yeah I really like the Gurkha, mostly because its very comfortable. I have used my pair in linen cotten canvas seen here a lot this summer. Great even in the warmest days (which on the other hand only was about 30 degrees celsius).

I usually don't wear a jacket with denim but I acually think it might work with the checkered one seen in the background in the autumn.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're going to have multiple, quite deep pleats and fullness in the upper part of the trousers, I think that you need to have less taper (ie wider legs) in the bottom part of the trousers. As it stands, they look a bit incongruous and actually remind me a little bit of old-fashioned jodhpurs. I think that the lack of the crease contributes to the incongruity, too - if they had a crease and a proper cuff (instead of a rolled cuff), they would look better.

As you say, if you want to have narrow, tapered trousers, don't get pleats and don't have that fullness in the upper part of the trousers.

VL22

Reaction score
If you're going to have multiple, quite deep pleats and fullness in the upper part of the trousers, I think that you need to have less taper (ie wider legs) in the bottom part of the trousers. As it stands, they look a bit incongruous and actually remind me a little bit of old-fashioned jodhpurs. I think that the lack of the crease contributes to the incongruity, too - if they had a crease and a proper cuff (instead of a rolled cuff), they would look better.

As you say, if you want to have narrow, tapered trousers, don't get pleats and don't have that fullness in the upper part of the trousers.

I think Craftsman Clothing does a very good job of still having pleats and overall have a slimmer fit (but not tapered):

But ordering denim from Luxire was probably one off for me so I wont have to worry about it.

CaptainRazors

Reaction score
Luxire is a journey to bring together some of the best artisans from around the world to create clothing that is beautiful, expertly constructed, and withstands the test of time.

Using time-tested techniques, both traditional and modern, we make clothes that are comfortable, fit perfectly, and a pleasure to wear every time.

There are no standard or "boxed" processes. We love to hear from our customers and make them what they need, the way they need it. We have created a bespoke process for making clothes the way you like them.

You can send us images of a particular collar you like or have the cuff made to a particular level of softness.You can also send us shirts / pants / coats / jackets that you would like replicated.

Each item starts with a pattern that is made only for you. It is made to your measurements and style specifications. It is made entirely by hand by our expert pattern masters. It has your name written on it.

The fabric is laid on the cutting table and cut to match the fabric pattern at every place. The garment is stitched by expert tailors who make sure each and every measurement matches exactly.

At Luxire, we do not have a "tolerance level" for measurements. Each item is made to the exact measurements provided.

Each trim that goes into the garment is the best in the world, the linings, the thread, the buttons are selected from the very best. Our shirt buttons are thick mother of pearl, the buttons for pants, jackets, and coats are all horn.

Please give us an opportunity to serve you. Visit http://custom.Luxire.com

We have a limited collection of items on the website. If you need something that you cannot find on the website, do contact us.

Let your imaginations take over.

...Somewhere inside of us, we have a designer who has been in a comma forever. Decades ago, when people had easy access to tailors, they would discuss their own personal requirements and develop personal solutions. These individual solutions then became global trends which we still follow. We, at Luxire, are reawakening that, sleeping designer in each of us. Who knows what it will bring the world.

Some of our recent creations are below in this thread.

Thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to serving you.

The Luxire Team

Overcoat made in Molloy Blue tweed

Boxer shorts

Noragi shirt

Tweed Loafers

Bullet-proof rivets: 100% Copper - Luxire Jeans

Linen Safari Jacket

Black Bowling Bag

Shirt in Dark Indigo Denim Chambray

Grey Knitted Pique

Denim Shirt with Heavy Wash

Indigo chambray with custom wash

Linen Houndstooth Tie

Custom made suit

Luxire Peacoat

Leather trimmed Holdall Bags

Pants in Minnis Fresco

Pants in Holland Sherry Tweed

Portfolio Bag

Sashiko jacket

Duffle Coat

Custom made selvedge jeans
Hello, Luxire!
Apologies if this isn’t the best place to ask, but I’ve been trying to contact your customer support for a few days now and I’ve heard nothing back. I had some worries about my order and just needed to check on a few things.
Any tips or help anyone can give with this? Thanks!

Best regards,
CaptainRazors

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
Has a consensus been achieved on how best to ask for an increase in rise? Can I get away by just asking that the rise be increased an inch or do I need more specific instructions related to both back and front rise (assuming that the waist size will not change).

jandersson

Reaction score
Has a consensus been achieved on how best to ask for an increase in rise? Can I get away by just asking that the rise be increased an inch or do I need more specific instructions related to both back and front rise (assuming that the waist size will not change).
I would be more specific. I believe the common definition of rise is outseam - inseam. Even mentioning "lower the back rise" might not be specific enough. Should it be lowered at the waitsband or at the fork? Should the current waistband tilt be maintained? etc. Of course Luxire will make an educated interpretation and make it work, but I still find it best to be specific.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my third and most questionable order yesterday. I have nothing to complain about quality of fit or craftmanship.
I am very happy with Luxire's work. About 7-8 weeks between order and delivery with only minor adjustments from previous order.

I, however, ask myself "Why did I order this?" ? and "When will I use this?"
Luxire Selvedge in Gurhka style:

"Alabama Slacks"

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello, Luxire!
Apologies if this isn’t the best place to ask, but I’ve been trying to contact your customer support for a few days now and I’ve heard nothing back. I had some worries about my order and just needed to check on a few things.
Any tips or help anyone can give with this? Thanks!

Best regards,
CaptainRazors
Please PM me, will check.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads