1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. europrep

europrep Senior member

I think #1 is fantastic and different then what is generally seen on the market. I will definelty copy it. #2 doesn't do much for me.

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Is the NOBD I collar above (#3317) unfused and unlined? I so, how does it hold up when wearing with a tie?

3. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

The NOBD1 holds up great with a tie. My picture with the pencil stripe shirt is NOBD1. So you can take a look. Unfused, lightly lined.
    No beating #1 but there's no reason it shouldn't be the end all be all. it works well with stripes and plain shirts but, for ginghams, NOBD has the right idea. He's basically got an italian collar with no fusing. Or light fusing. It may not be as jaw-dropping as the NOBD1 but it's just as admirable in my eyes. I just ordered a shirt with the 1738 collar, just like 7 Rocket. But I asked for 4" points (not sure if that's standard) and no fusing/light lining. That may be what the NOBD2 collar is. Not sure, maybe pretty close.

Sorry for answering questions for you NOBD. I know the same ones have been asked 100 times already so I figured you wanted a break. You may need an entourage just for these collars. And a rep to answer questions for you.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  4. Zarium

Zarium Senior member

The #1738 collar is nice (I have 4 shirts with that collar), but I've come to learn that it has way too much of a tie gap.

5. manchambo

manchambo Senior member

I've been working on perfecting the 1738. My most recent shirt has the collar, unfused with medium lining. But this time I specified a 1/4 inch higher front collar band with two buttons. I really like the result as it slightly decreases the spread and changes the geometry to make it longer vertically with a bit more downward curve, if that description makes sense. I decided to do this after playing around with the standard version of the collar and finding I liked the look when I pulled up a bit on the band.

I agree, though, that it could use less tie gap.

6. manchambo

manchambo Senior member

Luxire

What would be the approximate cost of switching out a collar on one of your shirts?I have a couple of shirts where I now have different thoughts on the details.

Thanks

7. MattR

MattR Senior member

I was thinking about this just the other day. First shirts I got, which I like, would be better with a different collar.

8. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Finally got the light grey Minnis Fresco trousers pressed and am getting around to wearing / posting pictures. These were modeled off my BB MTM flannel trousers. I think I am going to narrow the leg opening about 0.5 inches and probably narrow the rest of the leg by a bit as well. I might also increase the rise by about 0.5 inches but haven't decided whether I want to do this or not. They feel great in the waist and seat areas and are quite comfortable. Luxire's measurements are all correct; any errors or changes are entirely on me. A few pictures are tagged.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll most likely be filling my winter trouser wardrobe needs with my next order, though I may do one more intermediate order of a single pair of trousers to make sure some of my minor adjustments work the way I am expecting. Looking forward to it.

1 person likes this.
  9. nmprisons

nmprisons Senior member

I'd leave a little more room for your junk, especially if wearing to work (unless you are mayor of san diego)

10. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Does anyone have pictures of 1734 with a tie?

11. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Sorry. 1738. Can't edit, on my cell.

12. althanis

althanis Senior member

And maybe some extra space around the seat, so the pockets don't flare.

1 person likes this.
  13. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Yes, if anything you need to increase the rise in my view.

14. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Thanks. The light there is all natural. Outdoors pics would be tricky around here due to the wind and foot traffic, but I'll give it some thought.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  15. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Figured I'd bump my question in case anyone wanted to snap a picture tomorrow. [​IMG]

16. ScootManSam

ScootManSam Well-Known Member

This doesn't look good...[​IMG]

17. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I've had it. Fixed within a day or so. You should be OK.

18. ScootManSam

ScootManSam Well-Known Member

Oh ok thanks for the reassurance!

1 person likes this.
  19. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

For those who have done suits: What was the process like? Did you send in a suit to copy and make adjustments off of that? Measure a suit? Was there much back and forth? Just curious as I've emailed Luxire about it a couple of times and never gotten a response.

20. lbrig

lbrig Senior member

Luxire, please feel free to post a picture of the navy overdye ocbd I ordered whenever it's done. I'd love to see it.