1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes, can be over-dyed to the shade of choice.

2 people like this.
  2. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Just for my understanding - a shirt can either be unlined, lined but unfused or both lined and fused, right?
    Or can the fusing material be put on the collars/cuffs from the outside instead of sitting in the lining material and thus making an unlined but fused collar/cuff?

3. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Lined is either fused (the fusing material counts as the lining) or with a lining (cotton, I think) sewn in (i.e. unfused). So, it´s a sandwich construction: the fusing material or cotton is between the two layers of shirt fabric.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Yep that's how you told me and which makes sense.
    Only curious if the combination unlined and fused is somehow possible.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  5. joiji

joiji Senior member

I wouldn't think so. Unlined by definition means no material aside from the two shell pieces which make up the cuffs/collars. I suppose you could have one layer and then fuse it to that, but the fusing would be visible on the underside.

6. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I don't think so either.

7. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

That's really neat, a great idea. I always thought the placket button was irritating and unnecessary (some times). This works pretty well for a compromise.

8. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Since Luxire has stated that they can make peacoats, I wonder if they can make it the same weight and quality but not the same boxy shoulders as Sterlingwear. I really like my Sterlingwear but I sold it a while ago and now they prices have jumped to $300.

9. ScootManSam

ScootManSam Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this is mine. They sent it out yesterday and it's supposed to be delivered Monday. I asked for 2" collar band and 3.5" collar points so I'm hoping the 2" isn't too tall. I have long neck so I think it'll be fine. I actually ordered this a while ago when they were out of stock and the price was $59.99, but now that it's back in stock the price says $79.99.

Since it was out of stock, Theresa asked me if I wanted a different fabric instead. I went ahead and ordered a blue pencil stripe English spread instead and told them to let me know when the U Stripes were back in stock. Unfortunately, they automatically started production once the fabric was restocked, so now I have two shirts coming in my first order. This kind of sucks because I wanted the first shirt to be a trial that I could make fit tweaks to. Now I'll have two trial shirts and will be kind of pissed if they don't fit well. I emailed Theresa about this to see if I could get some sort of discount if it doesn't fit well, but haven't heard back... If it does well, then at least I got it for the cheaper $59.99 price.

10. luxire

Nice Photo.

11. luxire

Very nice emptym.

Am thinking of asking for photos taken outdoors in natural light.

The suggestion by zeBanker has really made us looking for nice images all around :)

12. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

I just sent an email requesting this detail for my shirt. I've never seen a hidden placket sleeve button in my life, but I think it's a great idea. I imagine I should learn to dream bigger. Oh, the possibilities.

13. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

That's pretty interesting . I've not seen that before.

14. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

ditto. did exactly the same thing.

15. ScootManSam

ScootManSam Well-Known Member

If that is indeed my shirt, I didn't request that feature but am glad they included it.

16. Displacement

Displacement Senior member

I'm thinking of using something similar for a future linen popover

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. zeBanker

zeBanker Senior member

You can have it ;) But probably it looks better, when I get the sleeves tightened a bit, as I did some mistake here with the measurement. I'll send you a mail.

p.s.: for the photos you could actively advertise that those are made by customers themselves, which again indicates the high satisfaction and the high degree of communication between you and your customers, similar as local bespoke/MTM tailors work.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  18. joshuasaussey

joshuasaussey Senior member

Let's hope they fit well, then you'll have two great shirts!

19. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Thank you, thank you

20. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

ScootManSam, if the first Blue University Stripes shirt shown is yours, the second, with the hidden gauntlet button, is not.
    Have a close look at the cuffs.
    The first one has rounded edges and a single button, the shirt with hidden gauntlet button has a square edge and two buttons.
    I guess the Blue University Stripes fabric simply is very popular and Luxire produces a lot of shirts from it.
    Very legitimate as it is a quality fabric in the most essential design besides solid colors.

1 person likes this.