• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

norMD

Reaction score
@luxire I have been bragging recently in the respective thread about the fabrics I bought in light of an upcoming trip to Mumbai, with a view of having some garments stitched there. well, it seems that the trip is not happening, so I am exploring other options. hence, the question - do you do CMT? thank you!

CMT

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
Sounds good. What option did you go for (machine-made, half canvas, full canvas, handmade)? Do you have some pics?
I ordered it eons ago. The delay in production was my own doing, but I am pretty sure I did machine half-canvas, going for the least expensive option for my first suit. I suspect I will try full canvas for future purchases.

I will try and remember some pictures next time I wear it.

VL22

Reaction score
I find the Brisbane Moss twills to be soft, noticeably more than other twills/chinos. They are great pants. I can't imagine cotton being much softer, particularly after a couple wears/washes, unless it is flannel or brushed.
Looks very nice, thank you

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire Can you source a cloth like this for pants? This is a swatch from Harrison’s but it is about 5 years old. I tried searching online using the swatch number in this photo but couldn’t find anything.

E76ED338-07E9-4278-BDFE-5C062D2CE302.jpeg

jdtjib

Reaction score
Yesterday I received confirmation from Luxire that a package has been shipped by FedEx.

Today I received an SMS from FedEx telling me to send proof of the item's value (PayPal invoice). This might be problematic, considering that Luxire usually specify a value of 10 USD per item and not what I actually paid. I sent Luxire an e-mail and will see what they answer, but do any of you have similar experiences?

Furthermore, this is the first time Luxire uses FedEx and not DHL for my orders. From searching in this thread, it seems like it is possible to choose. Can any of you confirm? If so I will definitely specify DHL on future orders.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the best photos, but the first is a suit Luxire made for me in the linen-cotton canvas, and the second is an unstructured jacket they made in the heavyweight vintage linen.

04A8D109-96A0-43FE-AADF-5EEF06075207.jpeg

6C8BCF54-105F-4612-A8EF-3E1421A136A4.jpeg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Looks like the structured piece is a bit more successful in holding its shape?
Yes, although I am also pleased with the cut and fit of the unstructured piece. In the photos above the suit had been worn all day, whereas the jacket was fresh on from being rolled up in a bag

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Can you source a cloth like this for pants? This is a swatch from Harrison’s but it is about 5 years old. I tried searching online using the swatch number in this photo but couldn’t find anything.

View attachment 1201902
Sent an email to Harrisons to enquire. They have a few meters available.
You can send us an email and we can get this going for you.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sent an email to Harrisons to enquire. They have a few meters available.
You can send us an email and we can get this going for you.
Perfect, email sent, thanks!

Vadim T

Reaction score
@luxire
you have a very tight standard knee-lining fabric in pants, this lining is good for fall or spring, but not for summer.
In the last order I requested a thinner and breathable lining, I was told that there are no other linings, only a standard tight fabric.
Can you buy another kind of fabric lining for pants from light summer fabrics?
In my trousers of other manufacturers, everywhere is thinner and not like your tight knee-lining fabric.

norMD

Reaction score
@luxire
you have a very tight standard knee-lining fabric in pants, this lining is good for fall or spring, but not for summer.
In the last order I requested a thinner and breathable lining, I was told that there are no other linings, only a standard tight fabric.
Can you buy another kind of fabric lining for pants from light summer fabrics?
In my trousers of other manufacturers, everywhere is thinner and not like your tight knee-lining fabric.
Luxire has several lining options including bemberg, which generally is considered to be the best. Request bemberg with your next order.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.