1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. fhusuqinet

fhusuqinet Active Member

Wanted to do the exact same thing. Seems like there are good theories being used in Luxire's marketing but the execution is a bit off still (like receive these "review reminder" email when your order is still in production).

2. Undisc

Undisc New Member

Light blue & white wide stripe (w regular collar or white band collar). Sage/different shades of green.

3. EZB

EZB Distinguished Member

@LuxireStudio @luxire , Can you tell me more about the merino wool shirt fabrics: Cream Wool and Midnight Grey Wool, please? Specifically, I'd like to know whether the fabrics can be work on the business or business casual side, as opposed to just casual. Is there a wrinkle-free finish? Also, it says dry clean recommended, but most other places say they are washable. What is your take on that? Thanks!

4. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Certainly not business, may work as business casual. No wrinkle free finish, but does not wrinkle, due to quality of wool and weave.
    You can wash in cold water and dry flat.

5. EZB

EZB Distinguished Member

Thanks. They look good in the pictures; I may try one out

6. 1up

1up Distinguished Member

Anyone? Also, looking for a good white oxford BD - is the warzone one still the forum favorite?

7. marchello

marchello Well-Known Member

8. henaal

henaal Well-Known Member

Not bad. Slightly tight across hips, you can see the pockets flaring out a bit. Also a bit of a wedgie, I would try to reduce the inseam at crotch by 0.5" and increase back rise at crotch by 0.38". From there, the fit would be very much subjective (what rise you prefer, how loose/slim you like them, etc).

Was that your first pair, or how many iterations have there been?

9. Cityplace

Cityplace Senior Member

I just received a BD in the warzone - still excellent. Starts off slightly stiff, but after a couple of washes softens up nicely. Having said that, the sky blue oxford that they have is a dream (I know you're looking for white) - just an unbelievable combination of softness and oxford-cloth structure. Highly recommended if your fit is dialled in, and you don't already have it.

10. 1up

1up Distinguished Member

I don't! I think the blue university oxford is an excellent fabric - is the sky blue similar?

11. 8675309

8675309 Senior Member

E44797F2-31DA-451E-8BD8-D3553F7D16EE.jpeg A cross post from the Friday challenge. Shirt is Luxire Monti White & Blue, collar is NOBD2, both of which I like.

12. MrTRC

MrTRC Senior Member

Green, green...and more green! Shades of green.Some Tobacco or lighter brown. Maroon. Lavender/ light purple. If Patterns are possible, thicker blue-grey stripe ( blue-white stripe is everywhere), green-white stripe

13. Cityplace

Cityplace Senior Member

Not sure if it’s similar - but can’t really have too many shades of blue OCBD’s right?

14. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Learning from my own experience here. It's been 2 months and 8 days since I placed my order for a pair of shorts (US$180); already came from that Caribbean vacation a month ago; in the meantime, received 2 emails from your company promising the shipment "next week" and then your company stopped replying altogether.

15. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We understand your agony. The change in process is real though. Once we are back on track, it will the emergence of a new Luxire.
    Your life will be easy and our life will be easier. There will be predictable and consistent delivery times for all orders.