1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. fhusuqinet

fhusuqinet Member

I guess that means current orders will be done in maximum two weeks or so. Hopefully I'll get my garment before the end of the month

2. JoeBlack0

JoeBlack0 Active Member

Luxire is there any reason you charge 100$ for making a shirt with a sent cloth? It seems like a lot considering you have great shirts with the cloth included sub 100$. I understand if the response is that you are not interested in this kind of service

3. fhusuqinet

fhusuqinet Member

I think there might be more risk involved because they cannot mess up anywhere with limited fabric, pattern matching might be harder as well.

4. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

This would be the case, hopefully, once the new process is stable.

5. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior Member

what is your favorite Luxire collar?

does it stand up opened and w/o a tie?

is it lined and or fused?

pls post pics

6. DFWWingnut

DFWWingnut Senior Member

My current goto is the NODBII with 3.75" points. I have a big neck and 6'3" so I like a slightly bigger collar.

7. cashmeregoat

cashmeregoat Member

So I am currently measuring a pair of high rise dress pants where the crotch point is situated far towards the front. The front rise measurement is 26cm whereas the back rise is 43 cm. How will this affect luxires interpretation of the dimensions? Do I need to even these out? Thx.

8. Proleet

Proleet Senior Member

I love the NOBDII collar but for me it tends to not stay up well near mid/end of the day (wearing without tie obviously). Did you manage to get this resolved?

9. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Italian collar. Stiff fused neckband, light fused collar points.
    Stands well without a tie. Collar does not roll-up through the day.

10. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior Member

Luxire

any pics of the collar perhaps? in the wild?

11. henaal

henaal Well-Known Member

On Monday 4th, I got a message stating that my order would get shipped "by end of next week". On the 5th (at the end of their business hours) got a message stating that the fabric is out of stock and picked a new one. Was told that they would try to ship during that week. And so they did, and thanks to DHL being amazing as always, I picked up the trousers today. So the initial promise of shipping in two weeks turned into shipping within the first week. This is just one order, but I got the impression that they really are putting effort in making things go smoother and it is starting to show. Keep at it!

12. henaal

henaal Well-Known Member

On a separate note, now that I have my "dress trousers" pattern pretty much dialed in, it is time to to venture into the more casual territory.

Does anyone have fabric recommendations for chinos in the 100 dollar price range? I'm mostly looking for a dark blue/navy shade, but open to ideas. Should be wearable in spring and autumn (so not super light weight), and due to Finnish weather being quite wet, darker colors stay nicer-looking longer.

@luxire would you recommend something from the "nonjeans" range? Eager to try those out, been avoiding stretch fabrics for a long time. Also, if you have any other recommendations, feel free to share.

13. bullethead

bullethead Senior Member

Still waiting for two shirts from Black Friday. Supposed to have been shipped by the end of last week...

14. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Senior Member

I got an email last week saying that mine would be coming soon. They arrived today.

15. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior Member

I didnt even order my shirts yet, I just asked about a fit detail........ and they just arrived!

Luxire is amazing.