1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. jandersson

jandersson Well-Known Member

@luxire: On the same topic I'd like a garment washed black denim/chambray shirt. Can you recommend any such fabrics suitable for garment washing/fading?

2. stuessi

stuessi Senior Member

Any recommendations for a summer shirt fabric but still suitable for a suit in light / pale blue and which is sub 100USD?

Thanks!

3. GeoffUK

GeoffUK Active Member

What are peoples experience with items being made incorrectly and swatches not being sent?

I'm having a small issue now where I sent in a pair of trousers to have the fit replicated with some specific changes. I had read comments about always being as clear as possible, so I decided to send in an annotated diagram, to be completely sure it was explained thoroughly.
    Here is the pictures that was sent:
    upload_2019-2-4_9-58-4.png

I also wrote:
    'Please make MEASUREMENTS (including pleat position/depth/fly etc) exactly as sample pants, but make waistband 0.5 inch shorter, as detailed in the following diagram:'

I'm not entirely sure how I could have been any clearer. The trousers arrived about 10 days ago and the waistband wasn't 0.5" shorter, the pleats were in different places, the fly wasn't the same length. I understand that these are specific details, but I feel that's the point of paying to send something in. My understanding is that Luxire are generally quite good at replicating specific parts of a fit, so perhaps I had a new member of staff or was just unlucky?

The swatches I also requested and paid for weren't sent with the order.

That being said, the make of the trousers does seem fantastic, so complete credit there! I am very impressed with the standard of what they've created, even if it wasn't quite what I asked for.

I sent an e-mail mentioning this when they arrived 10 days ago, and despite a bit of back and forth, which was me being told that they will get back to me, I've still had no response to asking what to do regarding the trousers. They haven't said whether I could send them back to have the waistband re-done, or anything like that. All that they've managed to say so far is that the swatches will be shipped with my next order.

I feel this leaves me in a position where they're being silent about the trousers being made incorrectly, and I now have no idea whether the next pair would be made correctly, on what would have to be a $100-$200 gamble on a fabric I haven't managed to feel because I didn't receive the swatches.

Its just a little frustrating, because I do quite want to give Luxire another go, but I'm not exactly being given any confidence to proceed.

Is this typical of the Luxire experience, and does anyone have any insight on what I should do?

4. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Would recommend this. A little bit over hundred but super value.

5. luxire

Will try and source. Will let you know soon.

6. luxire

We do have a fabric from Brisbane Moss which is a close shade. Need to send it for a slight fade to see it meets your needs.

7. aj805

aj805 Senior Member

To answer your question, that has not been my experience with replication or specifying details. Luxire has always followed the instructions I provide exactly. The diagram you provided looks excellent and you appear to have emphasized replication of the pleats, etc. in your followup email.

How far off were these details--the fly length, pleat position? Did you receive an acknowledgement email from their team after sending the email with those instructions, to be sure they actually received and understood them? Normally I receive one, and they attach them to the order notes visible on the order page. If you didn't see this, perhaps it is possible they were not known to the tailoring team when they made the pants.

8. GeoffUK

GeoffUK Active Member

I thought that may be the case. I've heard and read great things about Luxire replicating things pretty much perfectly, so figure I'm probably just a little bit unlucky then. A big part of what made me decide to finally go with Luxire is reading the Permanent Style article, to the extent that I'm having a bespoke shirt made by the guy who made his that he sent in, but now I'm a little worried that it's a waste of having that made if the intricacies that one gets from a bespoke fit aren't going to be copied correctly (I have different shoulder slopes/forward shoulders on each side, etc).

Some of the details weren't that far off, but the issue I have is they do not fit quite the same as the pants I sent in. This is to be expected, because the material is different, but had they had all the same details/measurements etc, I would be able to know that the difference is down to material, where as now I'm not sure what's material and what's the fit and details being different, which is why I wanted everything made exactly the same (that and the pants I sent in fit pretty much perfectly).

I received this after sending the instructions with the diagram:
    'Thank you for writing to us.
    We shall try to make it ASAP.
    We have noted all the details and we shall process it accordingly.
    If we we need any assistance we shall get back to you.'

I cannot see it in the order notes by the order in my account, so perhaps they forgot to add them? The weird thing is, the waistband is ever so slightly smaller, just not the half inch as requested, so I'm not sure if they didn't see the instruction and got the replication slightly wrong, or did see the instruction and got that slightly wrong.

It's worth stating again that I can't fault the workmanship (and I'm also not accusing Luxire of being responsible for a case of bronchitis!)

9. Rylsa

Rylsa Senior Member

I used Luxire in the past, experienced the same as you. Unfortunately this is typical Luxire to me. The quality is fine but they tend to make too many mistakes, so I could not use the products purchased. Would have thought customer service would have improved. They may offer discount coupons to try to make up for mistakes and I wish I had something more positive to say. You might end up with a bunch of clothes you can't wear at the end of the day. I guess others have may have different experiences this is my 2 cents.

10. GeoffUK

GeoffUK Active Member

Oh I'm sorry to hear that! I'm not really after discount codes or anything like that. I know people mentioned a while back that prices had gone up and that seemed to cause issue for some, but I am a more than happy to pay Luxire's asking prices with no discount providing things are made correctly. The prices seem great to me.

The order shipped slightly late (that seems to be a common theme, but it wasn't a big deal at all), and one of the updates they gave me before it shipped was it was just being reviewed in QC. I'm not entirely sure how it then managed to pass QC, but oh well.

I'd rather they just gave me a pre-paid label to send back the pants I sent in to be replicated and the ones they sent and re-did those for me, then when they send them back, they could send the forgotten swatches with that. If I don't hear back from CS in the next day or two, I may just suggest that and see if that's something they would be willing to do.

I respect that mistakes happen, and understand I could be one of the unlucky ones here. I always feel it's not so much about the mistakes we make but how we handle them and what we do to make them right.

I'm sorry your experience was so bad, but there also seem to be a lot of very satisfied customers here, so hopefully I could be one of them.

11. Rylsa

Rylsa Senior Member

I don't think they will issue a pre-paid label. Their returns policy is for the customer to pay for shipping back to them and they will carry out an inspection. If it is an obvious mistake they should correct it and send it back to you and refund the shipping by issuing a coupon for your next order. Hope you manage to sort this out, good luck.

12. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Distinguished Member

13. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Distinguished Member

btw............I always get my swatches

14. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Distinguished Member

As you're sourcing more shirtings, any chance of Somelos getting added?

15. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

I had a Ventile one made about four years ago. Fits great and is absolutely bomb proof. Pics here.