• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the terrible and rude customer disservice, makes me sad seeing folks supporting Luxire. Been cold this Winter not having the trousers, think part of the reason got bronchitis. Though on the positive side, spurred me to learn to make my own and found not hard at all.

I think all fans have been very clear on timings: if you need something by a specific date, this probably isn’t the right option for you..... I don’t order things from them that I need urgently and if something takes long, then it just takes long..

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been cold this Winter not having the trousers, think part of the reason got bronchitis

Just so I'm clear, you got bronchitis because you hadn't received your Luxire trousers?

SZNettles

Reaction score
I think all fans have been very clear on timings: if you need something by a specific date, this probably isn’t the right option for you..... I don’t order things from them that I need urgently and if something takes long, then it just takes long..
I don't think it's very good when companies lie to those ordering from them. Surely, you see the problem with constantly lying to multiple people about what is going on. Thats atrocious business practice. I don't think people would be as angry if they just said we are having some delays and give a realistic time. Instead, they go "this week" for months.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's very good when companies lie to those ordering from them. Surely, you see the problem with constantly lying to multiple people about what is going on. Thats atrocious business practice. I don't think people would be as angry if they just said we are having some delays and give a realistic time. Instead, they go "this week" for months.

I wouldn’t go as far as calling it lying as I think that does not capture the intent. I fully agree that they shouldn’t give an estimate and then (sometimes repeatedly) miss it. Very annoying and doesn’t help anyone. That being said I’ve personally accepted this flaw in their business. For people who get hung up on this, it’ll probably safe them a lot of frustration and look elsewhere.

SZNettles

Reaction score
I wouldn’t go as far as calling it lying as I think that does not capture the intent. I fully agree that they shouldn’t give an estimate and then (sometimes repeatedly) miss it. Very annoying and doesn’t help anyone. That being said I’ve personally accepted this flaw in their business. For people who get hung up on this, it’ll probably safe them a lot of frustration and look elsewhere.
I get that but thats horrible business practice. And yes I would 100% call it lying when someone says it's shipping out this week and it does not. What else would you call that?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that but thats horrible business practice. And yes I would 100% call it lying when someone says it's shipping out this week and it does not. What else would you call that?

I don't disagree that this is not good business practice, but as I'm sure you know, a lie is a statement with deliberate intent to deceive. Do you think that Luxire is being intentionally deceptive with these statements? And what makes you so sure? I would be careful about using the word "lie" without very good reason to do so.

As @Proleet said, I agree that missing self-imposed deadlines repeatedly is very annoying -- but after 3+ years of doing business with Luxire, I have come to accept that this is not likely to change very soon. Though Luxire has never failed to deliver excellent work (eventually), I have been hesitant to recommend Luxire to friends and relatives for this very reason, to be honest. I can recognize that what I'm willing to tolerate may not be tolerated by others.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree that this is not good business practice, but as I'm sure you know, a lie is a statement with deliberate intent to deceive. Do you think that Luxire is being intentionally deceptive with these statements? And what makes you so sure? I would be careful about using the word "lie" without very good reason to do so.

As @Proleet said, I agree that missing self-imposed deadlines repeatedly is very annoying -- but after 3+ years of doing business with Luxire, I have come to accept that this is not likely to change very soon. Though Luxire has never failed to deliver excellent work (eventually), I have been hesitant to recommend Luxire to friends and relatives for this very reason, to be honest. I can recognize that what I'm willing to tolerate may not be tolerated by others.
Yep....just like my handyman

Nemesis_4

Reaction score
Just so I'm clear, you got bronchitis because you hadn't received your Luxire trousers?

giphy.gif

monkk

Reaction score
Luxire, you said that you first execute orders that do not require pattern change.
What about other orders? First come first served or you have some other priorities?
Have similar order from November, not BF, with similar changes, few promises on delivery and still nothing...

I can now happily conclude that using my dress shirt pattern as the base for a casual patters worked just as hoped. Also, the turnaround was an impressive 21 days (placed the order on January 1st, shirt arrived today). Pants seem to suffer from longer lead times, but oh well.

In case anyone is interested, below is what I wrote to create the casual pattern:

"Please create a new casual shirt pattern that is based on my dress pattern (order #XXXXX) with following measurement changes: 1) waist 53cm, 2) shirt length 78cm, 3) bicep 24cm, 4) bottom 56cm. Mark my old pattern, order #XXXXXX, as "MyName Dress". Mark the new pattern as "MyName Casual"."

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nightshadow Grey Gingham Flannel Shirt

* Luxire Button Down Collar
* One-Button Rounded Cuff
* Back Darts
* No Pocket
* Standard Placket
* Thick White Mop Buttons
* Split Yoke
* Boat Curve Bottom

#31240_1.jpg

#31240_2.jpg

#31240_3.jpg

Last edited:

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@LuxireStudio
Can I get a reply to my message and my email please? At least tell me what's going on, I've literally received no communication since last year, and my PM hasn't been answered. Is my order even in a queue? Can I at least get an updated estimate?

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Light Grey Pow Checks Shirt

* Custom Collar
* One-Button Rounded Cuff
* No Pleat
* No Pocket
* Edge Stitch Placket
* Boat Curve Bottom
* Single Yoke
* Thin white MOP buttons

#31111_1.jpg

#31111_2.jpg

#31111_3.jpg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the terrible and rude customer disservice, makes me sad seeing folks supporting Luxire. Been cold this Winter not having the trousers, think part of the reason got bronchitis. Though on the positive side, spurred me to learn to make my own and found not hard at all.
Wait, whaaaaaaaatttttt?
tenor.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads