1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. jandersson

jandersson Well-Known Member

I've posted a review of my latest Luxire order (with lots of photos!) over in the tailors' thread.

2. RickyTakhar

RickyTakhar Senior Member

Anyone happen to have trelied the Luca avitable bd collar commisoned by some Crompton using luxire? Wondering what the collar measurements are...

3. CDRiis

CDRiis Senior Member

You can specify Luca Avitabile collar in notes and they'll fix it for you.

4. dynemacron

dynemacron Well-Known Member

I've never ordered from Luxire, but I was curious in regards to jackets, what are peoples experiences with them? I have a blazer that I was thinking of having recreated, so I was considering having Luxire duplicate the model, which has a lot of belly and a peak lapel. Is this feasible from them, especially going with the hand padded lapel option?

5. Quesjac

Quesjac Senior Member

Replications seem to be a good method. Mine is here, but do also search the thread.

6. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Distinguished Member

I am on my 4th round of "sorry, we promise to ship it next week"

The cycle is I ask for an update, get one of those emails, i wait 2 weeks and then I send another email. Order was made before BF

7. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Am really sorry this happening. Has happened to few of us and is very disappointing.

There has been some break in the process we have been working on bringing it back on track.

UPDATE: We had a process for following up on such orders. It got onto the backburner with some changes in personnel. It has been revived. So hopefully the issues will be resolved.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019

8. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Distinguished Member

Crisp White Oxford Shirt

* Italian collar
    * Two Button Rounded Cuff
    * No Pleat
    * No Pocket
    * No Placket
    * Single Yoke
    * Boat Curve Bottom
    * V Shape Clip Gusset
    * White Mother Of Pearl Buttons

#32680_1.jpg

#32680_2.jpg

#32680_3.jpg

9. henaal

henaal Well-Known Member

I can now happily conclude that using my dress shirt pattern as the base for a casual patters worked just as hoped. Also, the turnaround was an impressive 21 days (placed the order on January 1st, shirt arrived today). Pants seem to suffer from longer lead times, but oh well.

In case anyone is interested, below is what I wrote to create the casual pattern:

"Please create a new casual shirt pattern that is based on my dress pattern (order #XXXXX) with following measurement changes: 1) waist 53cm, 2) shirt length 78cm, 3) bicep 24cm, 4) bottom 56cm. Mark my old pattern, order #XXXXXX, as "MyName Dress". Mark the new pattern as "MyName Casual"."

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019

10. bullethead

bullethead Senior Member

Damn, I placed an order for two shirts on Black Friday and still I wait...

11. cond

cond Member

Dear Luxire-Team,

what's the purpose of this loop?

Best Regards IMG_20190121_193903.jpeg

12. CDRiis

CDRiis Senior Member

Received order 2/3 from BF today and as usual, the product is great.
    I was hoping they'd send the shirt I sent for replication with the first part of the order (they've split it for some reason - no email, so I don't know why).
    Trying to get in touch with them about the last half of the order but no luck so far.

13. henaal

henaal Well-Known Member

14. Adriel

Adriel Active Member

With the terrible and rude customer disservice, makes me sad seeing folks supporting Luxire. Been cold this Winter not having the trousers, think part of the reason got bronchitis. Though on the positive side, spurred me to learn to make my own and found not hard at all.

15. GeoffUK

GeoffUK Active Member

I'm a pretty new customer, and whilst I've already experienced the delayed shipping etc (including being told something would be shipping today and hasn't), I've never had Customer Service be in any way rude. They've always been very polite to me.