1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Xune

Xune Well-Known Member

@luxire Any possibility for you to look into orders #32087 and #32462? Today is the promised 2 week mark for dispatch. Orders from before and during BF. Tried e-mailing support, no reply lately.

Edit: Got reply, next week. Meh

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019

2. itraxx

itraxx Senior Member

Might it be possible to host a trunk show in Geneva, Switzerland, given the close proximity to Lyon?

3. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Working on different options for Geneva. Traditionally, it has been a small market for us. With some local impetus, it can be an ideal location for having some permanent local presence.

4. weriker

weriker Member

I‘m definitely interested in that upcoming trunk show: when and by which channel are you going to announce the dates?

5. RickyTakhar

RickyTakhar Senior Member

Will London be on the cards?

6. Churchill W

Churchill W Distinguished Member

I also had a popover made in a linen/cotton pique, but sleeves were fine lengthwise, but were too wide.

Overall length of the shirt was too long though. I think I had about 3" taken off.

7. GeoffUK

GeoffUK Active Member

Do people who have experience with the Brisbane Moss Twills think they're (much) better than many of the house chino fabrics?

I'm looking at the house Stone Twill Chino (which has good reviews), against the Brisbane Moss Cream Twill and wonder if those who have the Brisbane Moss Twill pants think the extra $50 is worth it to them?

8. Windward

Windward Member

I am with you Geo - I'm looking also for a HEAVY Cotton Twill Chino like BrisbaneMoss Items and I'm intrigued thinking of having pants with a weight of 14 Oz. !!! Like to know from the experience member how does it feels and fade? Hope somebody gives an answer.

9. Windward

Windward Member

I catch myself often looking for HEAVY Khakis/Chinos. Started with 8,6 Oz. Twill and ran to the heavier Bills Khakis Bullard Field Pants which has 10,2 Oz. Cotton Twill. But now want to get much heavier! How does BrisbaneMoss Khaki Cotton Twill with 14 Oz. wear and fade?
    Great appriciate your replies ... like others ...

10. aj805

aj805 Senior Member

I have pants in both of these fabrics. The Stone is more towards a stone/taupe color than the lighter-colored Cream, and the Stone has more of a luster, and feels slightly stiffer. The Cream is softer.

It's difficult to say whether the BM is worth the extra $--they are both cotton twills of similar weight so have the same function and overall type of appearance. I have several of the "house" twill chinos, they have all been just fine. I would probably base my choice more on color and fabric weight than anything, but I do believe the BM seems to be a slightly finer product.

11. Romain Clamaron

Romain Clamaron New Member

I am not really a fashion blogger but more of a tailoring and style enthusiast actually.

I am very happy to be a part of this european luxire journey for two reasons. I am passionnate about Luxire phylosophy, on whom I did a report a year ago (that you can see on the main page of luxire website) and secondly, Mr Arya, the founder of Luxire is an inspiration to me.

My main knowledge revolves around tailoring and I'll be really pleased to meet the style forum participants having an interest into the quality, ethics and affordable prices of Luxire. I've been a Luxire customer like the rest of us.
    As a professional style consultant, I'll be able to help every person coming to us to buy Luxire tailoring to the finest measurements, fit, fabric choices, school of tailoring, and social environnement needs.

I can't wait to meet style forum readers and writers in our trunkshows.

Best regards,

Romain Clamaron

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019

12. 1up

1up Distinguished Member

I have a question in regards to moving from belt loops --> side adjusters

I think I have my fit mostly dialed in, it is as easy as just switching to side adjusters now? Any other considerations for how it may impact the fit? Do I need to allow a touch more in the waist to account for the material of the adjusters - I'm assuming Luxire would account for that?

Right now my waist measurement is pretty spot on, if anything maybe 0.25" - 0.5" too snug.

I'm thinking to increase it that delta, plus 0.25" more (so let's say 0.75" in total) then just using the side adjusters to get it perfect. I'm guessing that side adjusters only allow for tightening the waist measurement from your 'benchmark' and not loosening it.

13. SimonC

SimonC Distinguished Member

You’ve got it spot on. You shouldn’t need to adjust fit, but if you do go slightly roomier.

14. jandersson

jandersson Well-Known Member

Regular side adjusters (slide buckle) don't require any extra waist circumference as they're attached to the outside. DAKs side adjusters (button tab) are integrated into the waistband. I've never tried them but I'd assume the extra material we're talking about is negligible and that Luxire would account for it if required.

Side adjusters can't be loosened beyond what the waist measurement would be with belt loops. The adjustment margin for slide buckle side adjusters is small. Tightening them beyond ~0.5" per side doesn't look good. Many waist measurements fluctuate more than that over a year. Keep in mind that your next pair may very well be 0.5" smaller or bigger given a different fabric and manufacturing tolerances. Aim for a measurement that's wearable in both cases.

15. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Here and will email all subscribers in the geographic region.

Not in this cycle but is certainly on the cards.