• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm certainly interested in the shoes.
As an aside, let's say the prices eventually bump to ~$400. Assuming the shoes are at a level close to a Carmina, or perhaps slightly inferior, does that make them an undesirable proposition? Sure, it would be less desirable than paying $200ish for the same thing, but that doesn't make the hypothetical higher price point bad, at least relative to other makers.
Similarly, though I am definitely a fan of Carmina, their MTO runs at around $650 or so, if memory serves. That is NOT desirable to me at all.
Basically, I don't understand why we'd pour cold water on what is, at least theoretically, a very promising idea, because it MAY become slightly less promising at some hypothetical date in the future o_O

Andy_00

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea about what may cause diagonal creases across the front of the shirt, running from the bottom of the armhole to the belt buckle area? And tips on resolving this by pattern adjustments?

Picture below. The creases are not due to any tightness. I have tighter shirts that do not have this issue. I have the problem on all my Luxire shirts.

7BBA9568-F086-443B-B9D0-649994F52229.jpeg

Mrlol

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if luxire own cheap fabrics are good? Mainly looking for allround wool pants that work with off jackets

Cheers

Johanschaff

Reaction score
Antons Else having problems with long deliveries?
Placed an order september 9th and my mtm pants still is not shipped. And luxire customer service can not give me an answer of when the product Will ship.
Is my second time ordering and properly the last. Which is too bad, because I like the products.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, it's mostly just frustrating that the only method of communication is an E-mail, which gets responded to once a week if you're lucky.

Still waiting for a shirt, with minor modifications, that was ordered in October, and was promised 2 weeks ago.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, it's mostly just frustrating that the only method of communication is an E-mail, which gets responded to once a week if you're lucky.

Still waiting for a shirt, with minor modifications, that was ordered in October, and was promised 2 weeks ago.
Sounds lucky to me. I’ve been waiting since September for a pair of pants

jim8680

Reaction score
Yes, we would have a few lasts and designs and leather to choose from.

$600 for hand welted.

Bangalore, India.
@luxire is it beneficial in the replication process for me to fly out and put on my bespoke suit on in person (for additional measurements or something?) or is it just the same to send in my bespoke suit for replication? Thanks!

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire is it beneficial in the replication process for me to fly out and put on my bespoke suit on in person (for additional measurements or something?) or is it just the same to send in my bespoke suit for replication? Thanks!

If flying out is an option, it is certainly the better choice. You can have multiple trials, see how the jacket fits on you and make any desired tweaks.

BRoy_Sad

Reaction score
longtime lurker and first time poster.

@luxire I've ordered some of your stuff in the past and have been generally pleased with what I've ordered.

However, I am also wondering where my latest order is. I placed it in early November. I've exchanged emails with customer service and I keep getting a half hearted apology and excuse. It's always something to the extent of "sorry about the delay, thanks for your patience. The mill held up the fabric, so your order will be processed soon, within a week or so".

My orders in the past have came to my door within a couple of weeks of ordering. Why the unexplained delay? If there's shortages on the fabric, you should actively reflect that on the storefront and have those options as sold out, and not have customers like me (and numerous others, as seen above) who are frustrated at how long it is taking for their orders to come in.

jandersson

Reaction score
@BRoy_Sad: Sold out on Luxire generally means it's gone and won't be returning. However, I do agree that some form of stock status indication would be nice. It's a matter of managing expectations.

My approach is to never expect any fabric to be in stock. If I need something delivered soon, I ask Luxire about the stock status before ordering. I generally maintain a queue of orders. When I place a new order I ask them to order the fabrics now but hold production. When my order queue eventually reaches that order, the fabric is hopefully in stock.

jim8680

Reaction score
If flying out is an option, it is certainly the better choice. You can have multiple trials, see how the jacket fits on you and make any desired tweaks.
I'll make a quick trip to Bangalore some time time 2019.

@luxire one last question for 2018. Am I able to make a request for some White Thomas Mason Royal Oxford Fabric? If so, please let me know. If there needs to be a 'minimum number of shirts ordered' that is fine. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks so much and happy holidays!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads