• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

GeoffUK

Reaction score
I am skeptical for two reasons:

(1) it’s a low price point
(2) price should be determined by market, not cost.

I suspect that if they can deliver the product at the low price, they will get enough demand that the price will rise. Luxire isn’t the cheapest out there on other items. They know they can price where market will pay. I’d try it out at $200, but if it is good, I’d expect that price to be $400 later

Sure, I get that. Then again though, this is MTO - set sizes, set styles, set lasts. You say Luxire aren't the cheapest on other things, but as far as I'm aware, there aren't many cheaper (if any) that will do pretty much whatever you ask, which often means Luxire have to prepare bespoke patterns/finishing for whatever wishes people come up with.

I would imagine that a fair amount of time is spent on drafting those patterns and executing them. I would expect MTO without all the bespoke options to work out cheaper.

Ultimately, if the price does double, then people will have the option to show their feelings by not buying. We can't force Luxire to keep the price the same, much like they can't force us to buy at a higher price later.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You can use best leather out there, cut 1 pair from each hide, but IMO result depends heavily on lasts used.
I'd suggest to make 2-3 example pairs for internal staff/friends just to showcase lasts, shapes and finishing. Photos of real product, in natural sunlight. Share name of last used and size with each photo - then we'd be in much better position to make a decision :)

I guess it might take some time, but executing this properly would definitely invite me to make an order! And I hope somebody else as well.

Completely agree! Perfecting the last is something that will happen over time. We will start with some good options and improve them with our own customer feedback.
The years of bespoke shoe-making has helped us understand some of the nuances.

I am skeptical for two reasons:

(1) it’s a low price point
(2) price should be determined by market, not cost.

I suspect that if they can deliver the product at the low price, they will get enough demand that the price will rise. Luxire isn’t the cheapest out there on other items. They know they can price where market will pay. I’d try it out at $200, but if it is good, I’d expect that price to be $400 later

It would be against our idea of keeping quality within reach of people who appreciate it.

brokencycle

Reaction score
What is with all these people ******** up the thread going "not possible to make a good quality product for $x" or "I'm concerned quality won't be good because the price is too low"? Luxire has been making quality shirts from highly regarded cloth mills for 6 years now for a crazy price. I have never seen a shirt with Zegna cloth and super thick MOP buttons for $100 before, but Luxire has sold it.

Likewise with pants and other tailored clothing.

We intend to do C , D & E initially.

I'm a B in Allen Edmond's 5 last, which is one of their narrower lasts. =/

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What is with all these people ******** up the thread going "not possible to make a good quality product for $x" or "I'm concerned quality won't be good because the price is too low"? Luxire has been making quality shirts from highly regarded cloth mills for 6 years now for a crazy price. I have never seen a shirt with Zegna cloth and super thick MOP buttons for $100 before, but Luxire has sold it.

Likewise with pants and other tailored clothing.

Appreciated!

I'm a B in Allen Edmond's 5 last, which is one of their narrower lasts. =/

Am sure we will find a solution for you.

jacobftww

Reaction score
Would the styling for the shoes be fully customizable as with your shirts and pants? Will you also offer boots? If so, what will they be priced at?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would the styling for the shoes be fully customizable as with your shirts and pants? Will you also offer boots? If so, what will they be priced at?

Very limited styling customizations initially. We will offer most of the standard options and styling that similar brands offer.

Boots may be offered at a later stage. We will start with dress shoes.

jim8680

Reaction score
FYI The shirts I ordered during the Thanksgiving sale are expected to arrived this Tuesday.

hst

Reaction score
My shirts from BF sale have arrived. I see it as being very prompt despite the high volume of sales.

bik2101

Reaction score
My shirts from BF sale have arrived. I see it as being very prompt despite the high volume of sales.
damn, thats fast.. now that my order from a few months back has finally shipped. hopefully, assuming the fit is on, I'll be able to get my BF orders that quickly too

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Very limited styling customizations initially. We will offer most of the standard options and styling that similar brands offer.

Boots may be offered at a later stage. We will start with dress shoes.
Could we have a slightly modified personal last once we have tried the original one? maybe at an upcharge or something like this, maybe not initially.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Could we have a slightly modified personal last once we have tried the original one? maybe at an upcharge or something like this, maybe not initially.

We want to launch with standard lasts and standard sizes. Based on feedback, we will take a call about such modifications.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire What collar do you normally suggest with flannel shirts?

I've had a few made up with button down collars without thinking but have now realised the BD collar doesn't look right.
Unfused semi-spread, possibly with unlined collar points.

Semi-spread is too vanilla a collar to really come to mind as collar option but is probably the best one for wearing without a tie.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I've always worn BD collars for casual wear so it wasn't until I ordered a few Luxire shirts that I realised it looks really odd with large scale patterns and flannels.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads