• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Working on goodyear welted shoes, made with leather from French tannery D'Annonay, leather/dainite soles.

Made-to-order standard sizing with 0.25 size variations, priced at ~$200. Does that sound interesting?

Do share your thoughts.

GeoffUK

Reaction score
Working on goodyear welted shoes, made with leather from French tannery D'Annonay, leather/dainite soles.

Made-to-order standard sizing with 0.25 size variations, priced at ~$200. Does that sound interesting?

Do share your thoughts.

Would this mean you would create a few styles (loafer, oxford, double monk etc.) and a few lasts and we could then say 'Style X on Last X in Size X using Leather Colour X'? Or would it be that each style has it's own last that can't be changed?

Either way, 0.25 sizing variation sounds great, and as far as I'm aware exists in no reasonably priced MTO option out there.

jacobftww

Reaction score

Do share your thoughts.
How would a hand welted pair compare in price?

jim8680

Reaction score
If you come with some time at hand, we can do fitting sessions for you and provide you with a truly bespoke experience.
Hello Luxire,
All I need is my bespoke suit replicated. I can send it in, but I assume getting fitted in person would be best. Would I be flying to Edison, New Jersey or India? Thanks again.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would this mean you would create a few styles (loafer, oxford, double monk etc.) and a few lasts and we could then say 'Style X on Last X in Size X using Leather Colour X'? Or would it be that each style has it's own last that can't be changed?

Either way, 0.25 sizing variation sounds great, and as far as I'm aware exists in no reasonably priced MTO option out there.

Yes, we would have a few lasts and designs and leather to choose from.

How would a hand welted pair compare in price?

$600 for hand welted.

Hello Luxire,
All I need is my bespoke suit replicated. I can send it in, but I assume getting fitted in person would be best. Would I be flying to Edison, New Jersey or India? Thanks again.

Bangalore, India.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

M.Olsson

Reaction score
I just received the news (after contacting CS) that the fabric for my shirt - that I ordered during the sale - isn't available at the moment, and that I'll get noticed when it is. My pants however, that I ordered at the same time, are finished. So, I guess that my things will be shipped sometimes next year, but who knows.

I have ordered from Luxire many times, and I truly am happy with the results. I think Luxire offers good quality for a great price, and I'll keep coming back. However, these kind of things are really annoying. I wouldn't mind waiting for a fabric if I knew beforehand it was temporarily out of stock. I wouldn't mind waiting weeks, or months. But it buggs me that I wasn't informed about the delay beforehand (I mean, the problem isn't backlog or an excessive amount of orders, but that they didn't have the fabric to begin with). I know that some of you guys have experienced the same thing, and for some people the unreliability is a deal breaker.

Once again, I like Luxire. You're great. But I hope you'll manage to work out these things in the future.

henaal

Reaction score
Does this fabric wrinkle quite easily? I bought the 'Herringbone White Cotton' and it wrinkles very fast and is quite unsightly - is this similar?

The pictured shirt is my order, and I wore the shirt yesterday for the first time. Solid 18 hours of wear and I am happy to report that the shirt performed great. Soft, comfortable and did not wrinkle too much. Only slight negative is that the buttonholes were not as neat as with denser fabrics, but you see that only if you look very close. Overall I would recommend the fabric.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Norma

Do share your thoughts.
A 200€ shoe would be pretty low quality and i don’t think i would be atracted to it but if you could do a ~400€ shoe where you can make small variations to pre existing beautiful lasts would be much more interesting.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
@luxire, If we have an existing bespoke last, could the Goodyear welted shoes be made on these?

Would it be a strict Goodyear welt with the cork or could it be Blake rapid?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Norma

A 200€ shoe would be pretty low quality and i don’t think i would be atracted to it but if you could do a ~400€ shoe where you can make small variations to pre existing beautiful lasts would be much more interesting.

Luxire does not make anything low quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads