1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 12 : Löf and Tung MTO shoes from Skoaktiebolaget

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 12th auction of the year is for a pair of Löf and Tung MTO (made-to-order) shoes from Skoaktiebolaget. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. txm22

txm22 Well-Known Member

I believe it's so you can reach your hand in to help put on your studs. I found it a little difficult to use, but that may just be me.

2. weriker

weriker New Member

Same here: I've been waiting for over 8 weeks now (minor adjustments on pants and shirt) and their estimate is another "1.5 weeks". Doesn't make the christmas estimate for BF-orders very believable.

Of course three other orders of mine are stuck at the moment, as I'm waiting for the above mentioned order to arrive. I hope, I'll still get to wear the flannels this winter.

3. brokencycle

brokencycle Stylish Dinosaur Moderator

So you can put your studs in.

4. DFWWingnut

DFWWingnut Senior Member

Interesting. Thanks,

5. EZB

EZB Senior Member

Yeah. Ordered sept 27 here. Last 4 weeks it’s been “2 more weeks.” Not getting a response anymore on request for status update. Washable wool and selvedge jeans preordered but waiting on this one!

6. jim8680

jim8680 Senior Member

To everyone complaining about waiting... yes it sucks... but it's always worth the wait. I would rather they take their time to produce a quality product instead of rushing something out.

@luxire Can you provide me with pictures of your options for buttons? I can't seem to find it on your website. Thanks!

7. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Talked to all our linen suppliers but no luck. Some liked the idea though. So may be sometime in the future.

Linen, does have a natural tendency to expand. So may be a shirt with a bit of extra room in the tighter spots can be a good compromise.

8. luxire

This is for easy access to the studs, when wearing and removing. Very useful.

9. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior Member

Some carefully placed stretchy panels might also do the job. For example, Arc'teryx puts side panels on their technical mid layers to add breathability and mobility.

10. luxire

Will hopefully share the image tomorrow.

11. luxire

Glad to do that. We can work off your ideas or one of our designers can discuss with you over email to decide what would be a good option.

12. luxire

Glad to do that. We can work off your ideas or one of our designers can discuss with you over email to decide what would be a good option.

13. EZB

EZB Senior Member

No doubt. I just like accuracy. If it will take 11 weeks, just say that from the start. The latest update from my order 9/27 is that it will ship at the end of next week. However, since the last 3 times I asked, the expected time was 1-2 weeks away, I am expecting to hear that it will be another 1-2 weeks even after next week. In other words, quality is important, but setting expectations is also key. If you plan to produce high-quality products in 6-8 weeks, it should take 6-8 weeks. If it is 10-12 weeks, state that and do that. But don't say 1-2 weeks more every 1-2 weeks for months. That makes it very hard for us to even understand when we will get anything. I'm looking forward to receiving the order and then setting the sizes for the other order I put in and on hold.

14. aj805

aj805 Senior Member

x-post from the Spier thread, my VBC navy flannel blazersuit, pants made by Luxire. It was a bit of a risk matching the fabric from the jacket but it worked out fine. I didn't bother matching the lining bits, as I don't care. Also I'm liking the waistband-mounted adjusters with the custom loop.

S_LBlazersuit.JPG

SL_Blazersuit2.JPG

15. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Distinguished Member

Have a look at our Buttons
    1.Premium Mother of Pearl Buttons.
    2.Standard Mother Of Pearl Buttons.

Buttons.jpg