1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Adriel

Adriel Member

First, I am sorry I got mixed up on the Preso sale... blame it on the splitting headache...

And now the internet went out...so thus why the delay.

Interesting 11 ounces is heavy to you. Being I run cold, I am looking at the Dugdale Wool Worsted Flannel Grey Black Houndstooth which is about 14 ounces IIRC. So how does the flannel affect size, too small?

Since you are looking for a cooler wearing fabric, flannel has pile that traps air, which then adds to the insulation value. Therefore, suggest a worsted fabric or even hopsack; how about this: https://luxire.com/products/vbc-vit...-hopsack-vbc_10_712_276?variant=1279091280#/? Or https://luxire.com/products/vbc-vit...-hopsack-vbc_10_712_192?variant=1279091160#/?

As for Super 120 and 120, I understand to be the same. Have you used the chat feature? Found it to be helpful for a quick question and nice it says if available or not (versus an email going off into the ether).

Hope this helps.

2. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Senior Member

I just got another job coming my way so I pulled the trigger on a flannel shirt in red/black shephrd's check. I recently got a flannel shirt from Vans which I really love, so I based measurements on that, making it slightly slimmer in the body.

3. Adriel

Adriel Member

Now a moment in history has passed. With five minutes to spare, purchased the Dugdale Wool Worsted Flannel Grey Black Houndstooth, standing by what I said previously.

The contender was the light navy twill, decided the houndstooth be more who I am, plus can't go wrong with grey. Skipped the trial trousers figure most of the reason be the style choices, since entrust they can measure (also made it clear in the notes which were not on the flat measurements). Inspired by Opa's late '40s suit pants went with no pleat(s), 2" cuffs, suspender buttons, and a fuller cut high rise. Excluding the aforementioned:
    Only front pockets which are on the seam, in order to not disrupt the pattern
    Elastic adjusting waistband
    Fly zipper
    Jean closure to keep cleaner look
    And thin bone buttons to avoid pulling out the black

Looking forward to having a well fitting, high rise, and most importantly a warmer trouser in a 14.5 ounce fabric. Once they are here, will keep my promise and post up pictures.

Thank you Luxire for having this special sale and happy Diwali.

4. henaal

henaal Active Member

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but this is your first pair and you went the measurements route? Dont take this the wrong way, but you might want to send them an email and tell them to hold back on the Dugdales, while you test the trial pants. I have said this before, online MTM is difficult, and fit is more than just centimeters or inches. Getting a good fit on first try is really rare, as probably most people in this thread will tell you.

5. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Distinguished Member

Luxire Purple Chambray Shirt

* Luxire Custom Button Down Collar.
    * One Button Square Cuff.
    * No Pleat.
    * Standard Pocket.
    * Standard Placket.
    * Boat Curve Bottom.
    * Split Yoke.
    * White Cat Eye Resin Buttons.

#31261_1.jpg

#31261_2.jpg

#31261_3.jpg

#31261_4.jpg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018

6. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Darn! Thanks a lot for looking though. If you're ever in a position to order a fabric with those specifications (wool-rich, washable, off-white with heathering) please let me know! Maybe a GTMO. I'd be down for two pant lengths.

And happy Diwali!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018

7. LuxireStudio

Blue Plain Cotton Pants

* Reverse Double Pleat.
    * Slant pocket.
    * Button Style Fly.
    * Extra Long Extended Closure With Two Button.
    * Metal Adjuster On Waist Band.
    * Two Rear Pockets With Buttons.
    * Coin Pocket.

#30507_1.jpg

#30507_2.jpg

#30507_3.jpg

#30507_4.jpg

#30507_5.jpg

#30507_6.jpg

8. fhusuqinet

fhusuqinet Member

The fabric looks much better in picture than in real life. It is a super shiny fabric while advertised as denim-like.

I included two pictures and a video showing how the fabric reacts under different lights. I'm currently talking with the customer service about this issue, hopefully it will be resolved soon because it is completely unusable even though the craftsmanship is as good as ever. I even asked for a few weird things like two zipped pockets inside the front pockets to hold a phone/wallet during travel and bigger pockets at the front...

Video:
    Pictures:

45070720_294085814766466_6204395445247016960_n.jpg 44998326_1246090392212626_6488490017000783872_n.jpg

Update: Trousers are currently being washed but as there are holidays in India right now the delay is a bit longer than expected, hopefully I'll get a good answer by next week.

9. LuxireStudio

Monti Classic White Fine Twill

* Italian Collar.
    * One Button Rounded Cuff.
    * Standard Placket.
    * Back Darts.
    * Boat Curve Bottom.
    * V Shape Clip Gusset.
    * Split Yoke.
    * White Mother Of Pearl Buttons.

#31449_1.jpg

#31449_2.jpg

#31449_3.jpg

#31449_4.jpg

10. Adriel

Adriel Member

Quite alright, greatly appreciated.

My understanding was that a trial would not be possible with the sale. Also, at the time, funds were just enough to pay the full price.

I know there is a risk, was hoping be on the too large site as easier to take away then add. Did add a half inch to the waist and in/outseams. I can do my own alterations by the way. Now questioning my decision.

So are you saying I can have a trial pair made before the Dugdales fulfilled?

11. fhusuqinet

fhusuqinet Member

I believe you can ask Luxire to temporarily stop your order while you receive another to make sure the measurements are correct. I do not know how long they will hold it for (though I guess it doesn't matter to them too much, aka less than a few months, since they are already paid for it anyways).

12. henaal

henaal Active Member

Yeah I'm not sure how long Luxire would be willing to hold your order, but they seem to be pretty flexible with that.

Having the trousers a bit too large than too small is a good starting point as you said. However, with MTM the usual paint points are at hip level as every person has a different posture and shape. It is very typical to have a slight wedgie and horizontal wrinkling below the seat, and these cannot be solved simply by letting out the sides.

For my first trial pair I sent Luxire information+pictures about my build and the usual pattern changes my trousers require. The pair turned out pretty good (best first go with any MTM experiment) but still had a slight wedgie and wrinkling below seat - and I don't blame them. The second pair had the wedgie fixed, but still slight wrinkling below seat. Third pair again slightly better. Fourth pair currently in the making. I'm planning to post an evolution of my trouser pattern when I receive a pair that I consider near perfect.

13. Torulf

Torulf Member

Been in exactly your situation. I wish Luxire would make a comment in product description if fabrics appears clearly shiny IRL. Ordering swatches is otherwise what they recommend. The shininess should be less obvious after some washes.

14. fhusuqinet

fhusuqinet Member

I was thinking about ordering a swatch but I had no order planned except that one and I don't like shipping a single shirt all around the world...

When there is no description I don't mind it, but here the description states: Medium Weight | Look and feel of denim, "Sartorial jeans"
    At 150$ it feels really wrong waiting 10 weeks to receive an order ruined by the fabric...

15. Alexidb

Alexidb Senior Member

508447B7-C6F7-401D-BF95-14188025E0CF.jpeg Is this a fuzzy flannel?