• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice.

Another thing you could try is reducing the gauntlet to a length of around the gauntlet button and removing that button. That's what I've done for all 10 of my Luxire shrits and I love it. Makes getting ready easier, even if it's just that little bit. My gauntlets are around 4" and they don't look weird, they look great. Maybe more of a tell-tale sign that it's custom. It cleans up the sleeve a lot.

This is if you can get your arm in your sleeve with the gauntlet closed right now.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice.

Another thing you could try is reducing the gauntlet to a length of around the gauntlet button and removing that button. That's what I've done for all 10 of my Luxire shrits and I love it. Makes getting ready easier, even if it's just that little bit. My gauntlets are around 4" and they don't look weird, they look great. Maybe more of a tell-tale sign that it's custom. It cleans up the sleeve a lot.

This is if you can get your arm in your sleeve with the gauntlet closed right now.

Do you mean reducing the length of the gauntlet such that the gauntlet button is not needed? I guess this would be reducing the length of it by about half.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you still able to roll your sleeves? Very important :), especially when it comes to linen.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope my new shirt won't take long, because I need more linen.

n9gb39J.jpg

Z5gsC9g.jpg

Was channeling you when I posted my "dry cleaning" picture.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you still able to roll your sleeves? Very important :), especially when it comes to linen.

Forgot about that, good point.

Sure am. Its tighter but that works for me, doesn't fall down. Try it on one shirt to see if you like it.

I need more linen. I ordered one and waited a week and a half for Luxire to tell me they haven't started as they are out of it.. boo. Oh well.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was channeling you when I posted my "dry cleaning" picture.

I saw that one. :cheers:

Sure am. Its tighter but that works for me, doesn't fall down. Try it on one shirt to see if you like it..

I don't think it would work on any of my shirts, except for maybe a few that have sleeves that are much too wide. : ) I'm talking about a real, past the ellbow, roll.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received my first shirt from Luxire. The fabric and the buttons are great, but it didn't fit right.
The funny thing is that I used the same measurements as an OCBD shirt that fits me, but the shirt from Luxire ends up being too tight in the chest area and the bottom. Anyone why? Is it because of the different kind of fabrics?

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just received my first shirt from Luxire. The fabric and the buttons are great, but it didn't fit right.
The funny thing is that I used the same measurements as an OCBD shirt that fits me, but the shirt from Luxire ends up being too tight in the chest area and the bottom. Anyone why? Is it because of the different kind of fabrics?

I would measure the one from Luxire. If the measurements aren't the same as the ones you gave, problem solved.
biggrin.gif
There might be the possibility that the way you measure it's different than the way they do.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would measure the one from Luxire. If the measurements aren't the same as the ones you gave, problem solved.
biggrin.gif
There might be the possibility that the way you measure it's different than the way they do.
I just measured the one from Luxire and my other Gitman Bros. Vintage shirt. Here are the measurements (Yeah, I am skinny):

pre-#3543 (should be #3453) is my measurements before I ordered the shirt, while GBV is the shirt I measured for pre-#3543. As you can see, the Luxire shirt and the pre-shirt differentiates a little bit from my GBV shirt, but that's not a lot. It's only a half inches in some places, how could the shirt from Luxire be skin tight while GBV fits? As you can see the chest width is the same in those three examples, but that's where the Luxire shirt is at the tightest.

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just measured the one from Luxire and my other Gitman Bros. Vintage shirt. Here's the measurements (Yeah, I am skinny):

pre-#3543 (should be #3453) is my measurements before I ordered the shirt, while GBV is the shirt I measured for pre-#3543. As you can see, the Luxire shirt and the pre-shirt differentiates a little bit from my GBV shirt, but that's not a lot. It's only a half inches in some places, how could the shirt from Luxire be skin tight while GBV fits? As you can see the chest width is the same in those three examples, but that's where the Luxire shirt is at the tightest.

Don't know what may be happening there, then.
confused.gif

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A smaller yoke and higher armhole could definitely influence the fit of the chest.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were the measurements on the Luxire shirt supposed to be exactly the same as your GBV shirt? If so, they seriously messed up....sleeve length is a full 2 inches too short? That would render a shirt completely unwearable for me, you should return it and have it remade.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads