Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Nice.

Another thing you could try is reducing the gauntlet to a length of around the gauntlet button and removing that button. That's what I've done for all 10 of my Luxire shrits and I love it. Makes getting ready easier, even if it's just that little bit. My gauntlets are around 4" and they don't look weird, they look great. Maybe more of a tell-tale sign that it's custom. It cleans up the sleeve a lot.

This is if you can get your arm in your sleeve with the gauntlet closed right now.

2. althanis

althanis Senior member

Do you mean reducing the length of the gauntlet such that the gauntlet button is not needed? I guess this would be reducing the length of it by about half.

3. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Are you still able to roll your sleeves? Very important :), especially when it comes to linen.

4. althanis

althanis Senior member

Forgot about that, good point.

5. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

Was channeling you when I posted my "dry cleaning" picture.

6. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Sure am. Its tighter but that works for me, doesn't fall down. Try it on one shirt to see if you like it.

I need more linen. I ordered one and waited a week and a half for Luxire to tell me they haven't started as they are out of it.. boo. Oh well.

7. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I saw that one. :cheers:

I don't think it would work on any of my shirts, except for maybe a few that have sleeves that are much too wide. : ) I'm talking about a real, past the ellbow, roll.

8. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

I just received my first shirt from Luxire. The fabric and the buttons are great, but it didn't fit right.
    The funny thing is that I used the same measurements as an OCBD shirt that fits me, but the shirt from Luxire ends up being too tight in the chest area and the bottom. Anyone why? Is it because of the different kind of fabrics?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013

9. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

I would measure the one from Luxire. If the measurements aren't the same as the ones you gave, problem solved. [​IMG] There might be the possibility that the way you measure it's different than the way they do.

10. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Quote:Gotcha. I'm not a fan of the past-elbow roll so it works for me. To each his own. Your shirts look great.

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Welcome. Random thought: for a moment I thought I read you username as "Catriona Matthews" the LPGA golfer. Haha sorry about that.

12. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

I just measured the one from Luxire and my other Gitman Bros. Vintage shirt. Here are the measurements (Yeah, I am skinny):
    [​IMG]
    pre-#3543 (should be #3453) is my measurements before I ordered the shirt, while GBV is the shirt I measured for pre-#3543. As you can see, the Luxire shirt and the pre-shirt differentiates a little bit from my GBV shirt, but that's not a lot. It's only a half inches in some places, how could the shirt from Luxire be skin tight while GBV fits? As you can see the chest width is the same in those three examples, but that's where the Luxire shirt is at the tightest.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013

13. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Don't know what may be happening there, then. [​IMG]

14. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

A smaller yoke and higher armhole could definitely influence the fit of the chest.

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Were the measurements on the Luxire shirt supposed to be exactly the same as your GBV shirt? If so, they seriously messed up....sleeve length is a full 2 inches too short? That would render a shirt completely unwearable for me, you should return it and have it remade.