• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

JJ Katz

Reaction score
I usually do the english spread but with a 1 1/4" rear collar band and 1 3/4" back height and it works fine with all my ties. I have a number of shirts from other makers with that measurement so I cannot imagine it being an issue. The spearpoint collar has the lowered dimensions as standard as well.

V. useful, thanks.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they have been away...festival?.....but are back now and replies are as usual , w/ in 24-48 hrs

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, when you gents are communicating with Luxire via E-mail, what is your reply frequency like?

The majority of the time it's generally pretty prompt for me. I send an E-mail with questions about an order, or requesting an updated ETA, and I receive a reply overnight with the time difference.

I had a pair of pants that were made incorrectly, and Luxire had agreed to replace them, but my last few E-mails have gone unanswered over the past week. I assume largely due to the focus on this 'Presto' program?

I just want to set my expectations to be realistic without being overbearing to our friends at Luxire.

Thursday was our big festival. Friday-Sunday were holidays. A bit of a mail overload currently. Should be back to normal in a couple of days.

exfalso

Reaction score
Thursday was our big festival. Friday-Sunday were holidays. A bit of a mail overload currently. Should be back to normal in a couple of days.
That explains why CS has been slower lately, which isn't a big issue honestly. I am worried more about my trousers not being completed in 6+ weeks...

fhusuqinet

Reaction score
That explains why CS has been slower lately, which isn't a big issue honestly. I am worried more about my trousers not being completed in 6+ weeks...

Same goes for me, ordered on the 21st of August and still waiting on a shirt and a pair of trousers. Hopefully, it will be done by the end of the month, if not the cotton trousers might be a bit useless seeing how the weather is getting colder every day here.

paxonus

Reaction score
Question for the Daks users. I am a 33 waist and have been using side adjusters to snug them a little so they stay put. Would I be better off ordering a 32 waist with the Daks and letting the elastic do the job of providing a snug fit?

JimmyTre

Reaction score
Question for the Daks users. I am a 33 waist and have been using side adjusters to snug them a little so they stay put. Would I be better off ordering a 32 waist with the Daks and letting the elastic do the job of providing a snug fit?
What I was told by Luxire is that you should order the pants to fit your normal waist. The DAKS would then be used to tighten that a little, or you can even undo the buttons altogether for the waist to expand a little.

Last edited:

ByTheOcean

Reaction score
I am thinking about trying Luxire since I need new flanell trousers after mine broke while riding my bike. I think I will base my measurments after my old pair, but add some height in the waist, as well as overall bigger in thighs and calfs since I've put on some weight. Does anyone have any tips for taking my measurments? Mistakes to avoid?

Also, I want a cuff. Would it be smarter to get the trousers without a cuff and too long, then get a tailor to make a cuff and adjust length for me? Or do I just order with a cuff and hope for the best on the length? I was thinking that perhaps it's harder for a tailor to adjust length if there is a cuff in the way.

Thanks.

JimmyTre

Reaction score
I am thinking about trying Luxire since I need new flanell trousers after mine broke while riding my bike. I think I will base my measurments after my old pair, but add some height in the waist, as well as overall bigger in thighs and calfs since I've put on some weight. Does anyone have any tips for taking my measurments? Mistakes to avoid?

Also, I want a cuff. Would it be smarter to get the trousers without a cuff and too long, then get a tailor to make a cuff and adjust length for me? Or do I just order with a cuff and hope for the best on the length? I was thinking that perhaps it's harder for a tailor to adjust length if there is a cuff in the way.

Thanks.
In my experience the process of dialing in your fit for pants takes longer than shirts because the construction is more complex. Be aware that measuring best fitting pants may provide a good starting point, but depending on how different the actual pattern of your pants is to the one Luxire uses, the resulting pants may end up fitting fairly differently. For example, the curve at the bottom of the seat in your pants might be deeper than the standard pattern, so even with the same measurements, you may end up with a bit of a "wedgie." Depending on how pronounced the differences are, it will probably take multiple iterations to get this resolved. Having said that, once you get the fit dialed in, it is pretty great.

If I were trying out pant for the first time, I would send Luxire a pair of my best-fitting pants and ask them to copy that pattern, rather than just get measurements from it, and then use that copy as your starting point. Assuming these pants are already fairly close to what you would want, it should get you closer to your best fit than going off measurements. I would probably also leave most of the other alterations for later iterations, just to minimize the margin for error that would be introduced with additional variables. Asking for un-hemmed pants legs or maybe adding/subtracting a little to the leg opening, kneee or the waist would be OK, but I would not mess around with anything having to do with the seat, thighs, not to mention extending the rise (raising the waist line). That last modification, in particular, can be tricky and you probably want to work your way up to it once you have a workable pattern that fits you.

ByTheOcean

Reaction score
In my experience the process of dialing in your fit for pants takes longer than shirts because the construction is more complex. Be aware that measuring best fitting pants may provide a good starting point, but depending on how different the actual pattern of your pants is to the one Luxire uses, the resulting pants may end up fitting fairly differently. For example, the curve at the bottom of the seat in your pants might be deeper than the standard pattern, so even with the same measurements, you may end up with a bit of a "wedgie." Depending on how pronounced the differences are, it will probably take multiple iterations to get this resolved. Having said that, once you get the fit dialed in, it is pretty great.

If I were trying out pant for the first time, I would send Luxire a pair of my best-fitting pants and ask them to copy that pattern, rather than just get measurements from it, and then use that copy as your starting point. Assuming these pants are already fairly close to what you would want, it should get you closer to your best fit than going off measurements. I would probably also leave most of the other alterations for later iterations, just to minimize the margin for error that would be introduced with additional variables. Asking for un-hemmed pants legs or maybe adding/subtracting a little to the leg opening, kneee or the waist would be OK, but I would not mess around with anything having to do with the seat, thighs, not to mention extending the rise (raising the waist line). That last modification, in particular, can be tricky and you probably want to work your way up to it once you have a workable pattern that fits you.

Thanks for the advice! I hear you. Sadly I dont really have any pair that fits in the way that I want my flannels, since they would fit pretty differently from my cotton trousers. Perhaps I should try one pair but in a cheaper fabric first, in more or less the same specs that I would want my flannels in.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Drab Brown Linen Pants

* 100% Linen.
* Forward Double Pleat.
* On Seam Pocket.
* Button Fly.
* Extra Long Extended Front Closure.
* Metal Adjusters on Waist Seam.
* Two Rear Pockets With Buttons.

#30705_1.jpg

#30705_3.jpg

#30705_5.jpg

#30705_2.jpg

Last edited:

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shirt Purple Chambray

* 100% Cotton.
* Button down collar.
* One button square cuff.
* No pleat.
* Standard pocket.
* Standard placket.
* Curved bottom.
* Split yoke.
* White cat eye button.

#31261_1.jpg

#31261_2.jpg

#31261_3.jpg

Bazsy

Reaction score
@luxire just to be totally clear: Can I order a Presto shirt and write in the notes that my pattern and style from order #***** should be used? My pattern has larger cuffs on one hand and two buttons as a style to accomododate for watches of different sizes. Would Presto work if I refer an order number without any changes?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire just to be totally clear: Can I order a Presto shirt and write in the notes that my pattern and style from order #***** should be used? My pattern has larger cuffs on one hand and two buttons as a style to accomododate for watches of different sizes. Would Presto work if I refer an order number without any changes?

The idea is to go with standard styles and simple measurements. So, best to use old pattern for measurement but standard styling.

But, for you, we can accept "pattern and style from order #*****" :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads