Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

I've considered the tufts blue linen but I don't have the swatch. What is it about the material you don't like? I'm genuinely curious?

2. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

The colour and the texture look and feel dull, lifeless for me. I have a navy and a midblue linen shirt which I really like, but this one is, more like er... curtain fabric :embar:. IMO.

I'd order a swatch first :).

3. bertie

bertie Senior member

Just received a shirt in the navy. I would say it is a medium weight. Given the weight, weave and colour I would not wear when it was 25 but seems fine up to 20 or so.

4. Vodking

Vodking Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice, sounds like it isn't fit for my purposes then. Luxire - do you stock a premium navy linen shirting? Couldn't find anything on the site. The Tufts blue is too bright for me.

5. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Maybe this has already been answered, but will you give more detail on the "Luxire linen"? I'm just curious why the brown is $99 vs everything else being $149+. What's the quality difference?

6. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Yeah, the pricing can be a puzzling no? Actually, I suspect that it's a different supplier / stock of material or maybe they bought it in bulk.

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I'm actually thinking of placing an order for those brown linen pants. I'll write a review here once I do.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013

8. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

I would soon like to order my first none BD shirts from Luxire.
    Thus I have been seaching for good looking collars.
    I have found the Emanuele Maffeis ones to be very appealing to my eyes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Do you guys think those would work unlined, unfused and worn without a tie while the first one or two buttons are undone or might the wings be too long and wide?

I found the following two collars as backups because they seem to have slightly smaller wings:
    https://www.oger.nl/the-red-by-oger-shirt-light-blue#
    http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-63665-barba-napoli-blue-shirt-size-155-us-39-eu.aspx

@Luxire, I would love to see a fabric like in the Barba shirt.
    It is one of the few none plain light blue or business stripes shirtings I truely love and see a lot when traveling to the mediterranean.
    Generations of well dressed Italien and French men can't be wrong! ;)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013

9. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

That stripe in linen is even better...

[​IMG]

Luxire needs good contracts with Thomas Mason and Albini. :)

10. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Indeed lovely shirts Master of MC!
    Any idea regarding the unlined, unfused collars? Do you think they will work or will they be too unstructured and flap around a lot?

11. cappedncollared

cappedncollared Well-Known Member

I've got a few luxire shirts with unlined, unfused collars made on the 1738 design.

I really like them, and don't think they flap around at all. I only wear them with ties and find they work well with and without collar stays, although i think i prefer them with the stays. There is a photo of one in my recent classified below if you are interested.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/351296/sam-hober-grenadine-grossa-burgundy-3/0_100#post_6404946

12. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I have no experience with unlined, unfused collars, but I doubt they will flap around. No need to put buttons through any collar :).

13. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

What's the difference between unlined and lined shirts?

14. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Thanks for your opinions guys!

@Dingusberry, lined shirt collars have a layer of fabric between the two layers of shirt fabric which make the collar.
    This layer of fabric can either be sewn to the other layers of the collar or additionally the collar can be "ironed" so not only the thread holds the layers of fabric together but also the glue on the interlining fabric, which melts under ironing and joins all three layers together to form a single one.
    Lined + fused collars are stiffer than either lined + sewn or entirely unlined collars.
    To me unlined collars wear much more comfortable against the skin and because the layers of fabric can move against eachother, no matter how well you iron the collar, it will never lie 100% flat.
    I prefer that look because to me it appears more natural, like the rest of the shirt, which of course does not lie flat too.
    The same procedures can be down to the cuffs.

15. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

The fusing melts to one side only, so you end up with two layers: a layer of fabric with fusing material and just a layer of fabric. The first layer (with the fusing) is thicker; you can feel it with your fingers.

(Household) fusing material:

[​IMG]

Fused collar and collar band (of a kid's polo shirt):

[​IMG]