• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Wilson13

Reaction score
Hi all, I would like some thoughts on my latest Luxire pants. These are linen, and I would say the fit is very good, not quite perfect. My main concern is the back of the crotch is still somewhat giving a wedgie feel, even though on this order the crotch was scooped. Does it need to be more rounded/scooped?

Also, any thoughts on getting the center seam a little more aligned with my feet?

Thanks!

IMG_6684.jpg
IMG_6685.jpg
IMG_6689.jpg

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jus wanted to say looks very good.......I like.

i see what u mean re center crease....strange..that would really bother me

and yes the rear booty has some wedge...its still an issue w/ Lux, I wonder y.

but overall looks good.

were measurements sent in?..or a garment?

Wilson13

Reaction score
jus wanted to say looks very good.......I like.

i see what u mean re center crease....strange..that would really bother me

and yes the rear booty has some wedge...its still an issue w/ Lux, I wonder y.

but overall looks good.

were measurements sent in?..or a garment?

Thanks! Yeah, it's getting really close. I originally used actual pants measurements, and made a few adjustments from my first couple of orders. But my first pair is still very good and I wear them regularly.

star656

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, it's getting really close. I originally used actual pants measurements, and made a few adjustments from my first couple of orders. But my first pair is still very good and I wear them regularly.
They look very good but I see your area of concern. Not sure on a fix though.

What fabric is that if I may ask?

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny I’ve ALWAYS had the crease line off-centered problem with Luxire.

CorozoButton

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Some people may recall my post a couple of weeks ago regarding my frustration about multiple instances of conflicting information and repeated delays (now going in to several months) of a suit order.

The most recent development on this is that in late June, Luxire updated me saying 'We have just hired a new tailor, so will recommence your jacket construction'.

8 days later, when I asked if they had any other news, I was then told 'we have just employed 2 new tailors but have to confirm their contracts etc. Assuming this is all OK, we will proceed'.

What exactly went on here, I don't know. It seems the first tailor they claimed to have hired didn't work out, or there was severe confusion, or I was misled, either deliberately or otherwise.

I feel it best to post an e-mail I have just sent to Luxire. I have taken out the first line, as it contains information that divulges the specific staff member, which I don't think it my place to do.

-

I really do hope Luxire understand why as a customer waiting for a jacket, I would have very real concerns regarding if it will show up at all, and what sort of quality/fit I can expect from it at this stage.

There have been so many delays now, I'm unable to keep count. It seems Luxire are having major issues with staff. As mentioned in the previous e-mail, the most recent of these was being told a new tailor had been hired so the jacket can be constructed, and then over a week later being told that you were then hopefully in the final stages of hiring new tailors, so it may be able to go ahead, although these staff members aren't confirmed. It seems staff are leaving, or hirings are not going ahead as planned, which is generally cause for concern.

Whilst we all know that Luxire are able to make a great shirt and trousers, there have been no postings from Luxire on Instagram/the SF thread showing any jackets, and the Luxire hashtag on Instagram comes up with no recent jackets whatsoever. The only pictures we've seen of any jackets created recently were that of a single suit posted on Styleforum, which was the result of in person measurements and two rounds of alterations. As you're aware, the consensus was that the fit was not good at all.

Whilst Luxire suggest that there aren't any real problems with the suit, my experiences suggest otherwise. Only after several delays and contacting multiple times about a shirt order in the past, was I finally told that there was a problem communicating a pattern request to the tailor and it had to be remade.

What's absolutely baffling as well, is you just said 'I'm afraid it's very difficult to give accurate estimates; there are simply too many variables wildly outside my control at this stage', yet on Monday someone posted regarding a suit they ordered on SF saying they were quoted 4-6 weeks turnaround for a suit, including fabric ordering. I can only assume that Luxire know this is wildly optimistic, and really shouldn't be making these claims.

Are Luxire able to see why from the outside, it looks like the jacket/tailoring program is a shambles and looks to be in great disarray? All the signs point to a program that quite simply isn't working. I would ask that if you were a customer for something custom made under the same circumstances would you not feel the same? If you ordered a chair from a carpenter, and it was constantly delayed, to the extent of being multiple times the quoted estimate, you were made to believe that the company had issues retaining/hiring staff, and the only picture of a chair you had seen come out from that company in a very long time looked terrible, you would most likely be asking the same questions, no?

Unfortunately, this suit has taken far longer than I could have begun to expect, and seemingly Luxire ever expected. Not owning a summer suit currently, I now have to buy one off the rack for an upcoming wedding. Luxire have put me in this position that will now leave me heavily out of pocket because they greatly over-estimated their capacity to produce something in the timeframe they quoted. This isn't talking about a week or two delay, this is now months later. Luxire really should be taking some responsibility for this. Luxire were more than happy to take all the money for the suits when they offered the promotion on SF. They could have got in touch with customers and said the demand was greater than expected, and refunded the money and put them on a waiting list, or even just a courtesy email to let them know they should expect huge delays. Luxire chose not to do this.

Luxire will do absolutely nothing to try and make things right when they have wronged their customers by being completely unrealistic about what they can achieve in what timeframes. I have used a few MTM companies over the years, and not once have I seen one with no willing to act as if they have any accountability for their failings to their customers.

I would like to state that I understand you work for Luxire, and ultimately the decisions on what is told to customers, and company policy regarding any form of compensation may not be your choice. I also understand that it's very possible you don't agree with the the customer service policies of Luxire, and are just following what you have to do as a customer service representative. Obviously, I also understand that you couldn't state if this was the case. With that in mind, I would like to sincerely say that having worked in client/customer service in the past, I know how these things can be, and I mean no disrespect to you at all. My issues here are with the management of the company.

Kind regards,

-

Do SF feel I am out of order here? I understand Luxire have made jackets in the past, but it is also my understanding that they have revamped their tailoring, thus the suit offer, the new options for half canvas, etc. I understand that Luxire make great shirts and trousers (if not in the optimistic timeframes quoted at the moment), but is it unreasonable to say that all signs suggest the tailoring side is in crisis?

I understand Luxire offer many things that other companies don't, but my experience suggests that if any other company were in the situation where an order that was quoted as taking 3 weeks (1 week to order fabric, two the construct), ended up taking over 5 times that amount, some effort to try and make things right would be made. Especially if the customer then had to buy RTW in the meantime due to the absurdly excessive delays.

Of course, I could be completely wrong here. I am genuinely wondering what other peoples thoughts are.

My feeling is that if the management of Luxire had similar treatment from a custom order company, they would be reacting in the same way I am.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@buddyfuzz - I think it is about expectations, and risk tolerance.

I recall when Luxire started up their jumper (sweater) programme. That fizzeled out, and I have no idea if anyone got their orders fulfilled.

Equally, some time ago Luxire started offering hand-lasted bespoke shoes for a very fair price. I do recall some pairs being delivered, but it’s not a mainstay Luxire product and I’d rather order RTW than take the risks for the marginal improvements of bespoke.

In both cases, to me the cost / risk trade off wasn’t that tempting, so I watched from the sidelines.

With the new suit programme, the opportunity to have something made, via replication, from a garment that fits felt like a good balance of risk and cost. I get trousers I probably would have ordered anyway, and a jacket that could work well for an additional outlay of ~$300. If it does fit, I now have a go-to source of affordable suits in the sort of fabric I would not commission locally (at higher cost) such as corduroy.

So yes, I saw it as a risk but one I was, and still am, willing to take. I am confident the suit will arrive, a little less confident that the fit will be spot on but I trust Luxire to try their best.

It sounds to me like you had a different balance of expectations, and these are not being met. The one thing I wholly agree on is the comment about Luxire stated lead times - if they know it will take a certain period of time, it is only fair to state that (and indeed to be conservative) since understandably deadline slippages may lead to a wider erosion of trust.

CorozoButton

Reaction score
@SimonC - Thank you for the considered reply, it's much appreciated.

I feel the one of the main issues I have is that up until very recently, Luxire have given off the impression that expectations should be high. I did in fact ask if I should go for a basted fitting, and was told it wasn't necessary if sending a garment for replication. I also had a very minor sleeve pitch adjustment done before I sent in the jacket. I did this after asking Luxire about their confidence in replicating pitch and was told that would be fine.

I am now in a similar position to you. I have been through this, and I understand how things work, and the expectations etc. The problem is, I was a very new Luxire customer when I ordered this suit, having only had a trial shirt. I was not following this thread when things like the sweater project, or the shoes came about. I did not know lead times are wildly inaccurate. I did not know that when I am quoted a good chance of a 3 week delivery time, that I should understand it could still not be completed, some 3 months later.

The truth is, I would have still ordered if Luxire had told me that it's a trial program, and there may be complications and delays along the way. I just wouldn't have ordered something that was required by a certain date (even if the date was months away), that would result in me having to fork out for RTW items if the Luxire suit wasn't ready in time.

Luxire are clearly growing. As we know, they very recently had a review on a very high profile menswear blog. I imagine many new customers will come in from this, most of whom aren't going to trawl through the best part of 2000 forum pages to understand the true situation.

As mentioned above, considering an e-mail I received literally today stated 'I'm afraid it's very difficult to give accurate estimates; there are simply too many variables wildly outside my control at this stage', I do not understand how Luxire feel they could give a 4-6 week estimate to a customer asking about lead times just a few days ago. That to me, feels optimistic to the extent of dishonesty.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
@buddyfuzz -
Equally, some time ago Luxire started offering hand-lasted bespoke shoes for a very fair price. I do recall some pairs being delivered, but it’s not a mainstay Luxire product and I’d rather order RTW than take the risks for the marginal improvements of bespoke.
They still do and I just received two new pairs last week. The quality of the finishing has improved and the quality of the raw materials has always been very high. Actually far better materials than you would buy for the same price RTW.

For an extra wide foot they are great, it is very hard to find well priced and nice shoes in this price bracket in extra wides.

boot_owl

Reaction score
They still do and I just received two new pairs last week. The quality of the finishing has improved and the quality of the raw materials has always been very high. Actually far better materials than you would buy for the same price RTW.

For an extra wide foot they are great, it is very hard to find well priced and nice shoes in this price bracket in extra wides.

Where are their leathers sourced from?

Quesjac

Reaction score

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Hello,

I‘m thinking about ordering the first time. Nevertheless I‘m not experienced in measuring trousersnand shirts. Therefore I‘d like to send in a basic pair of not pleated suit trousers and a shirt.

What will Luxire need afterwards to produce my trousers. I really like the ghurka pants and pleated trousers with a higher waist. Can they do it only from my sample or will I need to provide information ?

Stylewise i like:

https://goo.gl/images/iiBW1o
https://goo.gl/images/MrmtmU
https://goo.gl/images/PLmUfU
https://goo.gl/images/AofcnL

I really appreciate your help

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I‘m thinking about ordering the first time. Nevertheless I‘m not experienced in measuring trousersnand shirts. Therefore I‘d like to send in a basic pair of not pleated suit trousers and a shirt.

What will Luxire need afterwards to produce my trousers. I really like the ghurka pants and pleated trousers with a higher waist. Can they do it only from my sample or will I need to provide information ?

Stylewise i like:

https://goo.gl/images/iiBW1o
https://goo.gl/images/MrmtmU
https://goo.gl/images/PLmUfU
https://goo.gl/images/AofcnL

I really appreciate your help
I'm not sure how much it helps to send in a pair of trousers that fits a lot differently than what you're looking for.
Assuming the basic pair of suit trousers you're referring to is your average low rise quite tight suit trousers that's been in vogue the last 10 years, they wouldn't necessarily translate well to high rise wide ghurka pants. Of course, if you're of a slim build, just increasing the rise and widening the legs might work fine. If you have a bit of a gut like myself, making a high rise trousers from a low cut pattern, would require a completely different top.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads