1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

Are you aware that you have two of the same shirt? [​IMG] I have that fabric (4th and 5th from the left), and it is one of my favourites.

2. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

:laugh: Wire hangers are too thin and wooden ones too thick and heavy, particularly when the shirts add up... Plastic hangers are a perfect medium, imo. Plus shirts go right from the washer to the hanger w/o fear of rust, shoulder "bubbles" or damaging the hanger. And the money saved can go to other shirts, ties, ps's, or one of Baby Jesus's favorite charities.

Btw, smoothmoose, I forgot to mention that perhaps the reason my rear pant pockets haven't ever sagged is that I almost never put anything in those pockets. For decades, I carried around a little prayer book in my back right pocket, but I gave to someone a year ago and haven't gotten a replacement yet.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

The brown cord jacket was mine. The fit is surprisingly good out of the box, but I did have some issues with requests not fulfilled. Overall experience was relatively positive; I will probably try Luxire again. [​IMG] Mirror pic [​IMG] Shoulders are great. [​IMG] Buttons are nice and well-shanked. [​IMG] [​IMG] Lots of problems with buttonholes. There's inconsistent spacing on each sleeve and also across sleeves. I got a little excited with my first custom jacket and requested working buttonholes. I won't do that in the future. Also, the top buttonhole (that rolls over) is finished on the wrong side. [​IMG] Two of my requests:
    The sleeves are totally unlined--the pockets and the brown rayon piece pictured at the top of the jacket is the only lining. I would have preferred it to be in blue oxford cloth. It's a purely idiosyncratic thing, but I didn't want a Luxire label on the inside of the jacket. This was also ignored. Overall verdict: despite the issues, it's a decent jacket at a decent price. Maybe I need to be better about communicating/emphasizing my preferences in the future.

3 people like this.
  4. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

The only person that will ever notice the button hole stuff is you. Not saying that makes it acceptable, just something to keep in mind. Pretty surprised they blatantly ignored those two requests of yours. That is something that, IMO, Luxire should correct completely free of charge (paying for shipping and everything). With that being said, jacket looks really nice and there's always going to be problems with them rolling out new products. As much as I want to order some sport coats from Luxire I'm purposely waiting a while for them to get it down as well as they have shirts and pants down.

5. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

"Also, the top buttonhole (that rolls over) is finished on the wrong side." - I don't actually get what this means, still.

Looks like a great jacket, sorry for your misfortunes.

6. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Usually, on 3R2 jackets, the button is finished on the back side--because that button rolls over, the back is what you actually see day to day.

2 people like this.
  7. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I did not know that. And I have 2 3r2.5's.

Thanks!

8. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

Hmmm. I just put in my first order with Luxire for 1 shirt and one pants and have a decent amount of customization requests. Hope they don't ignore/miss mine like they have for yours.

Re: working buttonholes. I have had no issues with other MTM vendors (both online and brick/motar), it's a pretty common "feature" with jackets/suits nowadays.

Seems like Luxire is still working out some kinks in these areas.

9. moopband

moopband Well-Known Member

I wish it was an option for Luxire to email a picture of your finished product so that you can take a look at it before it is shipped. One order that I placed I specified collar measurements and they came back nothing like what I had expected and I had to spend money to ship it back to Luxire (the alteration was free per their policy). I feel as though this would remedy a number of the issues people have had.

10. Hardep Singh

Hardep Singh Active Member

am totally novice.
    but what is the name of the collar.

11. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

Not making me feel any better right now. I specifically requested NOBD#2 collar construction and shape, but with neckband, collar height and point length based on my sample shirt. I hope they don't mess that up.

BTW, I know it's not easy to accommodate so many requests. I have brick-and-mortar tailors miss or misintrepret my specific requests as well. I remember a specific one in Hong Kong, which I still may buy from again, specifically saying "I'm a tailor, not a fashion designer, too many customizations and something will go wrong" ....and it did.

That said Luxire is marketing themselves and seems to be aiming to be a true online bespoke service. So getting all the requested customizations right I think should be one of their top priorities.

12. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Senior member

i think a medium spread would work. Luxire's english spread should also be fine.
    But like someone said, it's mostly the jacket pressing the collar up against your neck.
    I guess you can get magnetic collar stays to try and have the collar more close to your neck without a jacket

1 person likes this.
  13. kulata

kulata Senior member

Can you take a picture with the jacket buttoned?

14. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

I've noticed generous hem allowances like this on trousers of all styles and always assumed it as a mark of quality—more fabric not only therefore more expensive but also of course provides for prospective alteration, and also the weight–drape benefit you mentioned.

Obscure example, David Nightingale Hicks (lighter-weight trousers—more hem allowance?):

[​IMG]

And less obscure, G. Bruce Boyer:

[​IMG]

15. jd13jd13

jd13jd13 Senior member

What does Luxire charge CMT for shirts, blazers, and pants?

16. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

i would send that back and have it done right. That is just shotty QC before it was shipped. Looks a lot like the issues i had with them when I tried to have a jacket made.

1 person likes this.
  17. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

The faults on that cord jacket are pretty discouraging. [​IMG] You could attempt to justify it by saying jackets are a new venture for them, but the principal of consistent spacing of buttonholes etc. is one that applies to all clothing. Perhaps their chalk was blunt that day.

I'm waiting on my first order—only trousers and a shirt. That's their specialty, so I should expect no F-ups like this, right? One submits lots of custom specs in hopes of getting what you want and preventing disappointment, but at the same time you worry about overloading them with information at the risk of confusing them.

I get that what Luxire are doing is relatively unique in the market and totally value-for-money, but if the quality control is like this, what's the point? I suppose I'll not knock it before I try it.

2 people like this.
  18. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Would you mind sharing a pic of the true color? :D

19. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

I agree. I think it is a decent product but it also has some serious flaws. I am curious to see a) if the other jackets they recently shipped have similar flaws and b) also how Luxire will respond to my concerns.

20. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Has anyone seen a standard navy Irish linen trouser fabric on Luxire's site? I saw a Dugdale fabric, but no standard $149.99 Luxire fabric.