• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

amishsteve

Reaction score
Trunk sale minimum spend (e.g. had to commit this to get an appointment) was $1500 last year although it didn't have to all be on suits / jackets, and they'll happily take measurements for things you're not ordering at that point.

The home trial is where they basically make a baste or forward fitting jacket and send it to you, you take photos and send it back, and they use that to tweak the fitting. It's easier for Luxire since they have not fully completed the garment, so your fee is basically covering the return shipping from and to Luxire of the in-progress garment.

I am using the replication option (or will do, if the jacket gets there!) but otherwise I think the home trial is a great add-on.
Great. Thanks for clarifying.

Quesjac

Reaction score
I'm not entirely clear on how home trial works [...]
The home trial is where they basically make a baste or forward fitting jacket and send it to you, you take photos and send it back, and they use that to tweak the fitting. It's easier for Luxire since they have not fully completed the garment, so your fee is basically covering the return shipping from and to Luxire of the in-progress garment.

I am happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but my impression is that what you describe (intermediate fitting of the final jacket) is not an additional fee but you pay the shipping, whereas trial jacket is a separate cotton or canvas garment made and sent to you to test out, hence the additional cost for materials and labour.

When I had my suit made I was told that a trial jacket was still possible but wasn't recommended in my case (because it would have been a poor analogue for wool flannel, I think).

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but my impression is that what you describe (intermediate fitting of the final jacket) is not an additional fee but you pay the shipping, whereas trial jacket is a separate cotton or canvas garment made and sent to you to test out, hence the additional cost for materials and labour.

When I had my suit made I was told that a trial jacket was still possible but wasn't recommended in my case (because it would have been a poor analogue for wool flannel, I think).

Quite correct - but my impression was Luxire had discontinued / was discouraging the canvas jacket option [n.b. pricing below may no longer be accurate anyhow]:

The canvas trial can be made but is not recommended. We now recommend the trial in the chosen fabric so that you can get almost the exact feel as the jacket you will be finally getting. The in-home trial is $100, canvas trial is $150

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have that link that has details of all of the shirt customizations?

I can't recall the collar length of the italian vs. semi-spread (4" vs. 3.5" maybe?)

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Contango

Reaction score
Does anyone have that link that has details of all of the shirt customizations?

I can't recall the collar length of the italian vs. semi-spread (4" vs. 3.5" maybe?)
Open up the details and it tells you length etc. and allows you to customise it:
upload_2018-3-20_14-46-7.png

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just listed: Ecru/Bull Jeans, undyed, unbleached, natural.
$99.99 for today and tomorrow.

Bull-denim.jpg

iurvox

Reaction score
Thank you, valid point.

Have added an option to select coin pocket type in "+details" for slant pocket, on-seam pocket and jetted pocket.
Very impressed by your service, outstanding. Many thanks.

iurvox

Reaction score
Now, you can save your style profiles and reuse them for placing orders.

We are now working on saving measurement profiles.
As of now, saved style profiles can be loaded fine.

They cannot, however, be overwritten by an identically named style profile (which may be by design, which would be a good thing).

Plus, I do not find an option to remove custom style profiles. Any chance you are implementing an option to "manage, edit, and delete" custom style profiles? I always like to keep my account data "clean", many thanks.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Is there any way for us to 'import' existing (paper) patterns from old orders into the new style profile system? I appreciate it would be a huge amount of work to digitize everything, but perhaps you could have a custom order function along the lines of 'please make my shirts using the pattern from order #100243 and create a style profile for it'?

I assume that your aim is to have people order from the digital profiles eventually, but lots of us have carefully-developed paper patterns and will be hoping for a way to combine these with the new system I suspect.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As of now, saved style profiles can be loaded fine.

They cannot, however, be overwritten by an identically named style profile (which may be by design, which would be a good thing).

Plus, I do not find an option to remove custom style profiles. Any chance you are implementing an option to "manage, edit, and delete" custom style profiles? I always like to keep my account data "clean", many thanks.

Atleast delete will be added. Will see if edit can be done.

Is there any way for us to 'import' existing (paper) patterns from old orders into the new style profile system? I appreciate it would be a huge amount of work to digitize everything, but perhaps you could have a custom order function along the lines of 'please make my shirts using the pattern from order #100243 and create a style profile for it'?

I assume that your aim is to have people order from the digital profiles eventually, but lots of us have carefully-developed paper patterns and will be hoping for a way to combine these with the new system I suspect.

For older patterns, there are a lot of aspects that need to be taken into account. A lot of times, the battle is between "keeping it simple" vs "maximum information".

For the older patterns, we currently plan on just creating a profile with the "pattern/order number".

With your feedback and our willingness to incorporate, I feel it will all gradually evolve.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Luxire,

I can still reference my previous orders from the old site correct? My trouser and shirt patterns have been solid for the past two years and I don't want anything lost in translation with the current site. Thanks

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Luxire,

I can still reference my previous orders from the old site correct? My trouser and shirt patterns have been solid for the past two years and I don't want anything lost in translation with the current site. Thanks

Nothing is really changing in how we work, so no worries.
What we are trying to do is make it easier for you to relay your requirements to us and for us to put it to good use, quickly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads