Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Zarium

Zarium Senior member

What is the cotton/linen percentage?

2. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I may have to get the blue and white for an upcoming Cali trip. SO HARD NOT TO ORDER RIGHT THIS MOMENT.

3. timotune

timotune Senior member

nothing too fancy for the first try: a pretty high-wasted Chino (Copper Chino fabric) with DAKS-side-adjusters and 2" cuffs.
    I really want some light-grey wool trouser with a fishtail back, but I will take on this project after I check if I got the measurements correct.

4. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Timo, or somebody else... those daks adjusters... how do they work? Sorry about my ignorance. :(

5. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

My next pair:

[​IMG]

6. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

If that's not an argument in favor of a high rise and forward pleats, nothing is. One of my favorite trouser fits of all time.

7. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Yep, those with side metal adjusters in flannel would be great; however, I am unsure of high they are going to end up with MTM.

8. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

I have three pairs of Luxire pants (waiting on fourth) with the DAKs adjusters. They dont have to worn that high though and still look good. The DAKs are great but you have to get the measurements right. Once the button placement is correct, it's great. I can tighten and loosen at various times. No belt needed.

9. NoQualms

NoQualms Member

Is there a brick-and-mortar store in Edison where I could have measurements taken? I live close enough to pick shirts up in-person.

10. burghler

burghler Senior member

Thanks for the advice. I wouldn't classify my shirts as super slim but I have a pretty large drop (~9 inches) so I'm thinking the waist area of the shirt will be pretty difficult to put on over the chest. I'll probably add 1 inch (maybe 1.5) to my normal waist measurement and see how it goes.

11. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Currently no, but hopefully in the "not so far" future.

12. TintinATL

TintinATL Senior member

Question: I've seen a couple of shirts in this thread that I like very much, with the order number mentioned.
    How do I use the order number of another customer when placing my own order?

13. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Just received my selvedge jeans, and I couldn't be more satisfied with the way they turned out. The denim is very nice, and the color is perfect. I had some out of the ordinary requests for jeans, so I was a little worried at first how Luxire would interpret them, but they turned out to be exactly how I imagined them! I asked for:

*Zip fly with hook-and-bar closure
    *On seam front pockets
    *2 rear buttoned welt pockets

*Single, small reverse pleats
    *Plain seams
    *Side adjusters
    *Separately included belt loops, just in case I'd like to swap the adjusters for loops later on

They have a higher rise than most jeans, and together with all the other details they are on the dressier side of the spectrum, as far as jeans can be dressy. The jeans probably wouldn't be an SF favorite, but again, I couldn't be happier with them, and will certainly be ordering more pants from Luxire in the future!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  14. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

In the notes section - you could say "use collar style from order #1234" (as an example of an order number)

Sounds great, I'm probably ordering a pair of jeans from Luxire quite soon. What kind of selvedge jeans did you go for? 14 oz dark/13 oz dark indigo or 13 oz raw denim?

15. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I went for 14oz dark-- I'll try to take some pictures later today. I really like the darker color of the fabric, but think I'll order the 13oz raw denim next, just to add some variety to my wardrobe.