1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Fraussie

Fraussie Well-Known Member

I would be keen to know too. Sent Luxire an email yesterday suggesting they enable filtering if fabrics based on customer reviews - similar to what Amazon does. This way one would be able to narrow down their search to fabrics that have been tested and validated by a representative number of customers. Luxire should also actively encourage / seek reviews of their products once customers have bought them.

2. taxgenius

taxgenius Distinguished Member

The descriptions and pictures of how to measure a shirt are not aligned making it useless. Clicking on "chest" shows you a picture of how to measure a sleeve. There are other examples as well.

3. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We are working on adding some more information to help select.

Though some are liked more than the others I trust we do not have any bad fabrics.
    The selection process itself is quite stringent.
    Still if any fabric that has a reported issue, it is immediately discarded.

4. luxire

Thank you.
    Working in correcting that. Will make a new release next week with this and many other changes.

5. luxire

What is the general thought on the new customization process? Is it easy to use? Do you guys like it?

Your feedback will be very helpful.

6. Cuebert

Cuebert Senior Member

I’ll give it a shot as soon as your team responds to my mail “Advice: Adjustments Pants” (not pressuring, as I have only sent it yesterday evening) and will then give feedback!

7. Contango

Contango Senior Member

I had to look really hard to find the customise options - I'd had a look after you mentioned some updates to it the other day and couldn't find them, and left the website thinking there were still only the preset options available (e.g. "Button Down Shirt"). Once I work my way into the options they're great.

One small bug, the image for "Shirred Shoulder" is a picture of a locker/hook loop, so a bit confusing.

Also, it might be clearer to use if the "Customize Fit" link was a button/link the same as Regular/Slim/Super Slim etc., perhaps as an alternative to Collar length and Sleeve length.

8. Contango

Contango Senior Member

Seriously? :rolleyes2:

9. Contango

Contango Senior Member

Totally agree with this, although only verified purchasers should be able to write a review.

I would personally buy from them more often if they had a good review system, at the moment though I wait until I'm going to buy another shirt to order some swatches instead (since it's not economical to order swatches on their own) - as a result I've ordered far fewer shirts than I would've (and probably pants, although I haven't yet put the effort into nailing down my fit there - I don't often wear wool pants on their own, only as part of a suit, and as much as I'd like a bit more range when customising chinos, the cost is a lot higher than my usual Uniqlo/Zara buys).

10. henaal

henaal Member

Long list of stuff that I have on my mind, starting from the new customization process (I'm writing this as I do the selections):
    • the option to customize your own style is a bit hard to find
    • when I have customized my style, clicking on the "save and proceed to measurements" -button doesn't work, I need to press "X"
    • having created my style, clicking on "details" a popup appears in which most of my selections are not applied: however behind the popup is the page with correct details. Confusing
    • now that I have to choose the fit, I do not have the option to use my previous shirt pattern using my previous order#, nor can I use use that with alterations
    • I would like to see the possibility of using an existing pattern with or without alterations to the measurements - now I need to use the notes or email the information to you guys, a process that has the risk of miscommunication/errors of some sort
    Notes regarding the detail customization options (ones that I noticed):
    • overall, I like the way this works, good job! Especially the ability to further customize the details is nice (like choosing collar point lenght, structure of collar, etc)
    • in the "additional options" selection, you have an option "attach sleeves at right angle". This option does not show what is the default angle in your shirts, plus it has no options to select any angles. Only option (listed three times) in the dropdown says "NOSHOW".
    • also the "fade wash" feature is lacking options. What I would like to see is a few different options with pictures, let's say "medium wash", "light wash" and "hard wash" or something like that. This is important, because my last shirt from Luxire is the washed indigo denim chambray, and the wash came out lighter than expected even though I sent a picture of the desired wash. Standard options with pictures would most likely help
    What I would like to see regarding altering pattern profiles (in this case, shirt patterns):
    • the new FAQ page helps, but does not give clear instructions on how to communicate the changes to the pattern
    • for example, for my next shirt I would like to adjust shoulder slope as I have sloping shoulders, but do not know how to communicate that to Luxire even though I know they are able to do this adjustment. Will "increase shoulder slope by 0.50"" drop the shoulders by that much or how do I say that with the right terminology?
    • I know Luxire can for example also just reduce the back panel of the shirt (instead of reducing both front and back), but there is no clear instruction on how to communicate these changes.
    • I would like to see a feature that allows customers to save their pattern profiles, and when ordering a new shirt you could just choose "use existing pattern" and then choose the alterations needed (if any). If something that is not covered by the provided options would need to take place, you could handle these requests by email

11. mythage

mythage Senior Member

So I understand there isn't really a list of "good" fabrics but can anyone weigh in on any blue/white ones that they really liked in the past?

I've handled the sky blue oxford and really liked that one, to kick things off. It has a good weight, no sheen, and I really appreciate the light blue shade. It doesn't wrinkle much from what I can tell and feels soft, looks good and feels pretty durable as well.

12. Contango

Contango Senior Member

Casual or business?

13. mythage

mythage Senior Member

Both are fine, was really just looking if someone had any shirt fabrics they would recommend that they really loved. Kind of like recommending a crowd favourite dish at a restaurant. I was mostly looking for solid colours but other suggestions are welcome too.

14. hentaisan

hentaisan Senior Member

Anybody had experience with their wrinkle free oxford? How does it compare to their sky blue oxford?

15. taduuu

taduuu Member

Which one is the most casual white oxford: Warzone or Warzone plus? What is the difference? Going to make 2 shirts, one very casual to wear untucked and business casual one to wear tucked in. Which one(s) should I go for? Or are there some better options?

For blue ocbd Sky Blue Oxford seems to be the one favourite. Or is there any blue oxford fabrics that are more casual?

Thank you in advance.