1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Image of the mid-grey

VBC_553_501_6.jpg

2. The J

The J Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, I was just having a look at the NFW this afternoon. Here's some photos if anyone wants to have a look IMG_6396.JPG
    IMG_6397.JPG

3. boot_owl

boot_owl Active Member

What are people's thoughts on Luxire's return policy in the event of errors on their end? Is it reasonable to have to pay to ship the garments back?

4. aj805

aj805 Senior Member

I would agree with much of what @luxire is saying, and the details of their write-up of the fabric comparison.

The Fresco is simply superior in nearly every way--if you are serious about maximum coolness and breathe-ability, while still looking good, I doubt there is a better choice. Spring the extra for this option, and get minimal lining in them (for lighter colors, get them lined down to the crotch, otherwise your pockets/underwear shows through).

My Cape Breeze are similarly cool and airy, however they are far less rugged feeling and are more sheer, meaning that the fabric looks thinner and doesn't drape as well. Their lighter colors here are somewhat transparent, and their "Sand" color is unwearably so. I don't find Cape Breeze any longer on Dugdale's site, perhaps this is discontinued.

Luxire's write up mentions NFW as least breathable of the group, which still may be very good, but would cause me to put them at the bottom in a choice between those and Frescos and Crispaire.

5. Quesjac

Quesjac Senior Member

I think the general feeling is that it's a reasonable agreement. It puts a little more weight on the customer to communicate clearly (because in truth most errors are a result of misunderstanding on one side or the other, not outright mistakes), but then it also means that when I pay for trousers, I'm not paying extra to cover someone else's returns.

It might make the first order a bit more tricky, but it works to the advantage of long-term customers. (And if I have asked for alterations, I've always been able to send an item back with something else I was sending anyway.)

6. Foxhound

Foxhound Distinguished Member

I just ordered a pair of Navy and Brown in Dugdale's Cape Breeze, following an email from Luxire comparing the New Fine Worsted and Cape Breeze. For those interested:

7. boot_owl

boot_owl Active Member

I think that's generally reasonable, especially if it's for something that can be quite finnicky. At what point are we calling a mistake a miscommunication though? I placed an order for 2 shirts and a pair of pants. Both shirts were not reduced in length from a previous order (not too fussed), but for the trousers, i was given a specific confirmation from luxire that there would be lining (which was not added). For the latter case at least, I think it's fair to call it a mistake, and there's a certain mental block associated with paying extra to have that corrected.