1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

You didn't really just ask about the sky blue summer chambray. No way.

Search the thread.

2. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Yeah, I just searched and see tons of stuff about it. Will amend my comment to just the first one :)

Strange that NOBD's seems to have hairline stripes to it. Still looks nice.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

With my next order I'm getting a swatch of the pale blue poplin summer, that one looked pretty good to me and I was also wondering what makes it "summer." Still haven't received my first order yet though, hopefully it will come this week.

4. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Yeah its not actually chambray. Not sure why luxire hasn't changed it. But its gorgeous either way. Mine is arriving tomorrow.

5. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Any chance at some pink linen shades?

Also, I would love an extreme closeup on a hand-sewn buttonhole. :foo:

6. aglose

aglose Senior member

It takes roughly two weeks to have a shirt made up? Also, if I provide my body measurements how are they altered to make the shirt? Last thing, for the contrasting button holes, you just put that in the comments?

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

collar questions:

for those of you who have ordered the button down collar, do you like the collar? or do you add modifications to it.

also, do people like the semi spread collar? (i've seen the NOBD collar, but I didn't want the extreme spread, wanted more of the semi spread version)

8. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

[​IMG]
    Here's my standard BD from Luxire. You can click for a bigger picture. I felt it was good enough. I don't buy in to the crazy collar roll crap. I focus my thoughts elsewhere, as long as it's something good.

I love the NOBD collar. I'm sheepishly following NOBD on that collar for a few shirts.

9. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

Just wondering if you were able to find out if the swim trunks were a possibility. I am very interested in the style pictured above.

10. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

I have a question for anyone who wishes to respond: is there a standard depth/width for trouser pleats? I don't mean for Luxire trousers necessarily, but just for good tailoring in general. After surveying inspiration (internet pics) for my Luxire chino order, I feel as if I prefer the look of pleats that appear deeper and dislike those that appear shallower, but can't tell if that feeling is sheer nonsense and over-thinking, having had no experience with pleated trousers. However, entertaining this thought just a bit longer, it appears to me that the 'deeper' pleats I prefer are in the region of 0.5"+ whereas the 'shallower' pleats I dislike are approx. 0.25". The reason I prefer the deeper pleats is that they appear more substantial and continue the flow of the line through the centre crease, as pleats are supposed to, whereas the shallower pleats tend to lack this presence and just lay open and splayed.

To illustrate what I mean, I've pulled two examples, Kent Haste & Lachter on the left ('deep' pleats) and Luxire on the right ('shallow' pleats—no offense to original uploader or Luxire, it was the quickest example I could find):

[​IMG]

The picture had to be small, unfortunately, but notice how the deeper pleats on the left (which look to be 0.5" if not 0.75") sit and flow much more proudly than the shallower ones (0.25" I'd say) on the right. Those on the left are also forward pleats, which some claim to sit nicer than reverse pleats, and are set into the waistband without the gap between as on the right picture, which may help things.

11. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Write it down, put the note in your safe, close safe.

12. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

I really don't think contrasting button holes look good

3 people like this.
  13. aglose

aglose Senior member

The primary use of my shirts will be with a tie, thus covering the button holes most of the time. With contrasting holes I hope to add a more casual effect that I can wear out to a bar sans tie. I looked at a blue shirt with navy blue button holes and I liked it quite a bit.

14. atoms

atoms Senior member

I don't have any answers, but as a photographer be very careful with these two comparisons. One is lit from the side (the one you like) while the other is flat lit from the front (with an on camera flash). The side-lit one heavily emphasizes the pleats. The front lit one does the opposite. I'm not saying your observations are incorrect, only pointing out the difference lighting makes.

1 person likes this.
  15. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

BTW, with the above fabric is that standard weight or summer weight fabric? Doesn't seem to say on the Luxire website. I'm a sucker for gingham... I assume this is the one: http://luxire.com/products/classic-twill-gingham-navy-green-ecru

16. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

All my pleated pants (single forward) from Luxire are 3/4" deep. They're also all stitched down about 1.25" with a bar tack at the end, as I requested. My guess is that that causes the difference you point to, more than the depth or the direction of the pleats. I have pants done both ways, and I prefer the pleat to be stitched down as it looks and feels more trim. I may be wrong about this last part, but I also think it directs the fullness to where it's most needed: where the hip is widest and things lie in the pockets.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  17. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

I'm hoping to receive answers fron the Luxire guys to place my second order this week.

I will be trying with trousers for the first time. Some chinos. So if you guys have any recommendations for them, I'll be glad to hear (read) them. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Those are my pants and I like your idea on pleats.

19. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

FYI, something like this.

[​IMG]

The fabric is great but not a fan of the collar or fit, so I'd love if Luxire had something like this. And maybe some striped linen pink patterns and lighter shades.

2 people like this.
  20. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

Same here, will be placing my first order. Probably Blue Summer Chambray (not Sky Blue) shirt and some Navy Summer Chinos. Though the current discussion on pleated pants look great, I've never had great success with pleated pants due 1) my thick thighs and 2) being on the shorter side...