• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so when on the website

if Im on say the 4th page of shirts.......and I then pick a fabric to look at..............it seems as tho when I choose to return to browsing Im sent back to pg 1!...not fun.

anyway to overide this and get back to the last pg I was on?
I usually open the fabrics in a new tab to avoid it.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check under the English Mohair section (on Dugdale's site). I could absolutely be mistaken, but I believe they've consolidated their mohairs under that banner.

Thanks mate. Thnk I've found it here. I'm leaning towards the NFW, just need to find out about these VBCs. I just want to order!

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire @LuxireStudio The people demand 4-ply VBCs!

But seriously chances are good that it's this stuff used by the Armoury recently:
https://thearmoury.com/products/ring-jacket-4-ply-tropical-wool-core-184-suit
http://thearmoury.tumblr.com/post/124494641100/ring-jacket-in-vbc-4-ply-tropical-one-of-our

Which is good enough for me!

Adding the 4-ply Tropical VBC options to the site in a couple of days.

Looking at the images and description, probably we are talking of the same fabric.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
so when on the website

if Im on say the 4th page of shirts.......and I then pick a fabric to look at..............it seems as tho when I choose to return to browsing Im sent back to pg 1!...not fun.

anyway to overide this and get back to the last pg I was on?

Will work on finding a good solution. It is a must.

Currently working on the customization features. Nearing completion. Hoping to go live in 2 weeks.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking at the images and description, probably we are talking of the same fabric.

Hah. I was joking but thank you for responding. Will this be a limited stock or do you anticipate offering this permanently now?

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can you tell me if it runs cooler than the dugdales, and what is cooler between the dugdale fine worsted and cape breeze?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you tell me if it runs cooler than the dugdales, and what is cooler between the dugdale fine worsted and cape breeze?

Cape Breeze is really cool wearing. The light weight and Mohair content place them in a different league.

Among the tropical wool options, I currently feel, with limited wear, that these VBC ones are quite similar to the Frescos. Had written a comparison of the Fresco/New Fine Worsted/Crispaire/Finmeresco here.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hah. I was joking but thank you for responding. Will this be a limited stock or do you anticipate offering this permanently now?

Hoping for permanent availability.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cape Breeze is really cool wearing. The light weight and Mohair content place them in a different league.

Among the tropical wool options, I currently feel, with limited wear, that these VBC ones are quite similar to the Frescos. Had written a comparison of the Fresco/New Fine Worsted/Crispaire/Finmeresco here.

Fantastic, can you confirm if there will be a Navy and a Brown. Really need to order some summer trousers ASAP.

The J

Reaction score
@Foxhound Not sure if this is the same VBC tropical wool we're talking about but I'm wearing this in 38degrees Melbourne heat, wears pretty cool when there's a breeze.
IMG_6394.JPG

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Damn, that looks like it will do the trick. Here's hoping it's also available in brown!

No brown currently. We have a mid-grey, a navy and a blue.

Not many summer wool options in brown. Crispaire has some nice shades. Cape Breeze also has a couple. None in New Fine Worsted.

Dugdale has a collection called Duffin & Peace, which is poly-wool, 8 Oz. It wears quite cool. It has a nice brown.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads