• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

fhusuqinet

Reaction score
I would like to see you wearing the pants you used as an example too! ..........that would help me see how your changes affected fit.......I hope Im not being a PITA...lol......but this info is so very helpful.
Hahahha no problem, here they are!
received_10212947608857807.jpeg received_10212947608897808.jpeg received_10212947608937809.jpeg
With the full measurements I asked for my order:
Half waist: 36cm
Half hip: 47cm
Half hip (front only): 44cm
Front rise: 24.5cm
Back rise: 37.5cm
Tight opening: 28cm
Knee opening: 19cm
Ankle opening: 17cm
Inseam: 80cm
Pants length: 101.5cm

stevemcgee99

Reaction score
SO....

I paid $110 to ship my sample shirt to Luxire (there was no mention that they have some kind of pre-paid deal for $20).
It's in India now.
FedEx emails me and says I have to have a Commercial Invoice or they won't deliver.
I called (that's no fun) and when I finally got to an international guy he said ALL mail must have a 'Commercial Invoice'. Funny FedEx employee never mentioned it, even though we spent 15 minutes at his FedEx point of sale using FedEx software to print an International Mail label and receipt...

The Commercial Invoice form requests the Tax ID for Luxire.

Has anyone else experienced this?

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ouch...sorry to hear this....the Luxire option is great.....i recall is 25 bux...I used it...and yes they did supply an invoice...and yes, fedex asked for it here in ny

E mail lux direct...they can help

stevemcgee99

Reaction score
ouch...sorry to hear this....the Luxire option is great.....i recall is 25 bux...I used it...and yes they did supply an invoice...and yes, fedex asked for it here in ny

Yeah it would have been nice if the section that pops up when I choose 'send in a sample' they had a link to the hidden page about pre-paid shipping. Or a mention that it exists, so I would go look for the information, or ask.

They really could use a product manager for the website.

melbournites

Reaction score
I am pretty sure my Navy Dugdale suit with mohair is a cape breeze. I have worn it in 35C+ Melbourne days. Light weight and breathes well. Melbourne heat is pretty dry so should be ok. I don't find the shine an issue with a suit but could be more an issue with separate trouser / jacket combos. Holds the trouser so well that I hardly have to get it pressed.

Recently got this light weight vbc flannel trouser that I have found comfortable enough in temps up to 35C. Find it easier to match with odd jacket combos.

https://luxire.com/products/vitale_...lannel_twill_dark_pewter_grey-vbc_599_101_332

Also have a Polo Ralph trouser with wool/silk/linen combo that I pull out when it is really hot.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

melbournites

Reaction score
Two thoughts pops up when reading this:
1. Does a 290g flannel keep its shape very well? I’d expect bagging and loss of creases pretty quickly?
2. Flannel in 35C?! Daaaamn :eek2:

The trouser always starts the day off with sharp creases after years of honing my iron pressing skills. Pleats on a looser fit trouser also prevent bunching up at the knees. But yes the trouser needs a good press before each wear.

Flannel in 35C is generally not great. But Melbourne often starts around in the low teens and peaks in the early afternoon and cools to the 20s during the evening in summer. I usually only spend about 30 minutes outside during lunch break and the rest of the day indoors where it is air conditioned.

I also tend to feel the heat and sweat mainly in the upper body and head and prefer it warmer in the legs.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trouser always starts the day off with sharp creases after years of honing my iron pressing skills. Pleats on a looser fit trouser also prevent bunching up at the knees. But yes the trouser needs a good press before each wear.

Flannel in 35C is generally not great. But Melbourne often starts around in the low teens and peaks in the early afternoon and cools to the 20s during the evening in summer. I usually only spend about 30 minutes outside during lunch break and the rest of the day indoors where it is air conditioned.

I also tend to feel the heat and sweat mainly in the upper body and head and prefer it warmer in the legs.
Good for you. I’ve yet to master those iron pressing skills since I’m a lazy bastard.

Ah I see. 35c here in Sweden - on the rare occasions we get it - basically means wearing as little as possible, being in the water, shade or eating gelato.
Also I do tend to be quite warm, we’ve had a very mild winter so far with few days below 0C, so heavier flannels have remained unused so far due to indoor temperature.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so when on the website

if Im on say the 4th page of shirts.......and I then pick a fabric to look at..............it seems as tho when I choose to return to browsing Im sent back to pg 1!...not fun.

anyway to overide this and get back to the last pg I was on?

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure my Navy Dugdale suit with mohair is a cape breeze. I have worn it in 35C+ Melbourne days. Light weight and breathes well. Melbourne heat is pretty dry so should be ok. I don't find the shine an issue with a suit but could be more an issue with separate trouser / jacket combos. Holds the trouser so well that I hardly have to get it pressed.

Recently got this light weight vbc flannel trouser that I have found comfortable enough in temps up to 35C. Find it easier to match with odd jacket combos.

https://luxire.com/products/vitale_...lannel_twill_dark_pewter_grey-vbc_599_101_332

Also have a Polo Ralph trouser with wool/silk/linen combo that I pull out when it is really hot.

Thanks for your responses. No chance I'm wearing flannel in summer! Even if it was as cool, I wear flannel in winter, and would like to wear something different with my summer trousers.

I can't seem to find any information on Cape Breeze, it's not even listed on Dugdale's site. I'm hankering to order ASAP, just need to find out what wears cooler, Cape Breeze or New Fine Worsted, but if these VBC's are even cooler, I'll get those. @luxire

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses. No chance I'm wearing flannel in summer! Even if it was as cool, I wear flannel in winter, and would like to wear something different with my summer trousers.

I can't seem to find any information on Cape Breeze, it's not even listed on Dugdale's site. I'm hankering to order ASAP, just need to find out what wears cooler, Cape Breeze or New Fine Worsted, but if these VBC's are even cooler, I'll get those. @luxire
Check under the English Mohair section (on Dugdale's site). I could absolutely be mistaken, but I believe they've consolidated their mohairs under that banner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads