1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. fhusuqinet

fhusuqinet Member

Hahahha no problem, here they are!
    received_10212947608857807.jpeg received_10212947608897808.jpeg received_10212947608937809.jpeg
    With the full measurements I asked for my order:
    Half waist: 36cm
    Half hip: 47cm
    Half hip (front only): 44cm
    Front rise: 24.5cm
    Back rise: 37.5cm
    Tight opening: 28cm
    Knee opening: 19cm
    Ankle opening: 17cm
    Inseam: 80cm
    Pants length: 101.5cm

2. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Distinguished Member

Also would love to see these magical VBC fresco alternatives.

3. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior Member

thnx........!!!!!!!!

Im going to PM u.

4. stevemcgee99

stevemcgee99 Active Member

SO....

I paid $110 to ship my sample shirt to Luxire (there was no mention that they have some kind of pre-paid deal for $20).
    It's in India now.
    FedEx emails me and says I have to have a Commercial Invoice or they won't deliver.
    I called (that's no fun) and when I finally got to an international guy he said ALL mail must have a 'Commercial Invoice'. Funny FedEx employee never mentioned it, even though we spent 15 minutes at his FedEx point of sale using FedEx software to print an International Mail label and receipt...

The Commercial Invoice form requests the Tax ID for Luxire.

Has anyone else experienced this?

5. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior Member

ouch...sorry to hear this....the Luxire option is great.....i recall is 25 bux...I used it...and yes they did supply an invoice...and yes, fedex asked for it here in ny

E mail lux direct...they can help

6. stevemcgee99

stevemcgee99 Active Member

Yeah it would have been nice if the section that pops up when I choose 'send in a sample' they had a link to the hidden page about pre-paid shipping. Or a mention that it exists, so I would go look for the information, or ask.

They really could use a product manager for the website.

7. Foxhound

Foxhound Distinguished Member

Yep, and if anyone could comment on what wears cooler, Dugdale Cape Breeze or New Fine Worsted!

8. melbournites

melbournites Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure my Navy Dugdale suit with mohair is a cape breeze. I have worn it in 35C+ Melbourne days. Light weight and breathes well. Melbourne heat is pretty dry so should be ok. I don't find the shine an issue with a suit but could be more an issue with separate trouser / jacket combos. Holds the trouser so well that I hardly have to get it pressed.

Recently got this light weight vbc flannel trouser that I have found comfortable enough in temps up to 35C. Find it easier to match with odd jacket combos.

https://luxire.com/products/vitale_...lannel_twill_dark_pewter_grey-vbc_599_101_332

Also have a Polo Ralph trouser with wool/silk/linen combo that I pull out when it is really hot.

9. joacimbylehn

joacimbylehn Senior Member

Two thoughts pops up when reading this:
    1. Does a 290g flannel keep its shape very well? I’d expect bagging and loss of creases pretty quickly?
    2. Flannel in 35C?! Daaaamn :eek2:

10. melbournites

melbournites Well-Known Member

The trouser always starts the day off with sharp creases after years of honing my iron pressing skills. Pleats on a looser fit trouser also prevent bunching up at the knees. But yes the trouser needs a good press before each wear.

Flannel in 35C is generally not great. But Melbourne often starts around in the low teens and peaks in the early afternoon and cools to the 20s during the evening in summer. I usually only spend about 30 minutes outside during lunch break and the rest of the day indoors where it is air conditioned.

I also tend to feel the heat and sweat mainly in the upper body and head and prefer it warmer in the legs.

11. joacimbylehn

joacimbylehn Senior Member

Good for you. I’ve yet to master those iron pressing skills since I’m a lazy bastard.

Ah I see. 35c here in Sweden - on the rare occasions we get it - basically means wearing as little as possible, being in the water, shade or eating gelato.
    Also I do tend to be quite warm, we’ve had a very mild winter so far with few days below 0C, so heavier flannels have remained unused so far due to indoor temperature.