1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Foxhound

Foxhound Distinguished Member

X-Post from Aus Members, can anyone help me with the above? Especially interested to hear any comparisons of the Dugdale Fine Worsted trousers to Fresco, or if anyone can recommend any alternatives.

2. aj805

aj805 Senior Member

Dugdale's Cape Breeze are cheaper than the frescos. They are admittedly not as good as the peerless Frescos--they don't have the same kind of heft and drape--but they wear cool enough to be considered as an option.

3. Foxhound

It looks like I'm decided on that or the Fine New Worsted. Can anyone comment on what wears cooler?

4. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

@Foxhound - One more option to consider:
    We have also just received few 4-ply tropical wool fabrics from VBC. They are very similar to Minnis Fresco and comparatively economical.

5. Foxhound

Have you got a link to these?

And can you comment on whether Dugdale New Fine Worsted or Cape Breeze wears cooler? Is the 30% mohair blend overly shiny

6. fhusuqinet

fhusuqinet New Member

Hello everyone!

First of all I wanted to thanks everyone on this thread, I've been following it for the past year or so and it's been a real gold mine.

I ordered my first pair of pants from Luxire around Christmas and got in yesterday, which in itself is already quite impressive!
    I'm really skinny (think 60kg for 1m80 more or less) and finding pants that fit me from quality brands is a bit painful and since I have to tailor them afterwards I thought why not try Luxire :)

Here's a few pics (sorry for the low quality) from this morning, what do you guys think?
    The waist is a bit tight so I'll increase that next time. I also feel like there could be a bit more fabric at the bottom of the crotch, it is a bit uncomfortable when sitting but I'm not sure what measurements should be tweaked? Maybe a bit of a higher rise and larger thighs/hips?

Overall I'm really happy with this pair, especially for a first try. The fabric is amazing and the quality is probably the highest of my wardrobe.

Thanks in advance :)

PHOTO_20180116_081832.jpg

PHOTO_20180116_081826.jpg

PHOTO_20180116_082044.jpg

PHOTO_20180116_083505.jpg

PHOTO_20180116_083525.jpg

PHOTO_20180116_083516.jpg