• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad idea, big vendors like SuSu will buy whole batches of cloth and Luxire won't necessarily be able to buy the same cloth. Even if they can, colours vary across batches of the same cloth.

If you are absolutely stuck (eg. old maker is out of business and it's an irreplaceable suit) I'd consider this kind of thing but it shouldn't be your general approach.

(Oh, and it means that your buttons, finishing style, threads, etc. won't match, if that kind of thing matters to you.)

grrrrreat point

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I learned this the hard way. Had Fresco trousers made up from Luxire to match a Fresco jacket from a local MTM shop. The colors did not match despite being the same Minnis fabric code.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently found out that Luxire is able to source most VBC fabrics even if they do not show in their current offering on their website.

I have a few suits from Suitsupply for which I now get new pants made. Shoudl they turn out fine, I will only buy the jacket from suitsupply and will get the pants made by Luxire.
Dicey proposition. You'd probably have to consider some degree of color variance acceptable...

knoodie

Reaction score
Dicey proposition.[...]

Absolutely. I gave it a try with one pair (fabric code: 486889/6) for which I have the suit with ill-fitting pants. I will see how it turns out of course, before conducting further experiments.

_coelho

Reaction score
Has anyone tried reproducing Marol's holiday collar?
marol3.jpg

16464085_1788893031360019_6344652399776366592_n.jpg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I learned this the hard way. Had Fresco trousers made up from Luxire to match a Fresco jacket from a local MTM shop. The colors did not match despite being the same Minnis fabric code.

Minnis recommends that they be informed if ordering for a set but in different orders. They can then try and cut the lengths from the same roll, if available.

But, my learnings from experiences in recent times suggest a bit more of caution when ordering from HFW/Minnis. Off-colors/dead-stocks/miscut-pieces are sometimes shipped to unsuspecting buyers in the name of "roll-to-roll-differences". Not something one expects from companies of good repute, but experiences suggest otherwise.

Quesjac

Reaction score
I've enjoyed watching the website and the products get better and better from Luxire. One thing that's still a bit of a limitation is that some products have a number of very similar options, and it can be hard to pick between them from the descriptions. (Example: when writing this post I actually confused the pair I wanted to write about for a pair with an almost identical name.)

To that end, a strong recommendation for "Beige Cream Twill Chinos". They're a bit heavier than some cloths, meaning I can wear them in the autumn and some of the winter in the UK. They are a great, versatile colour. And they're slightly brushed on the surface (is "comfort feel" in the description code for brushed fabrics? They do feel comfortable.) They're in the $99 category but feel much higher quality than others at that level (to my taste). They hang nicely and I'll happily wear with a sweater and tennis shoes or with an odd jacket and a shirt.

16502_Beige_Cream_Twill_Chinos_1000x.jpg

knoodie

Reaction score
Does the picture accruately represent the color? I.e. is it as sand-coloured as in the picture?

Quesjac

Reaction score
Does the picture accruately represent the color? I.e. is it as sand-coloured as in the picture?
On my screen it's a good representation. I personally like a sandier beige and then also a cold cream (or grey) chino rather than the blander beige chino which is more common, but if you want the traditional American blazer-and-khakis colour then this isn't it.

It's not unlike this Armoury chino for screen photo colour

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've enjoyed watching the website and the products get better and better from Luxire. One thing that's still a bit of a limitation is that some products have a number of very similar options, and it can be hard to pick between them from the descriptions. (Example: when writing this post I actually confused the pair I wanted to write about for a pair with an almost identical name.)

To that end, a strong recommendation for "Beige Cream Twill Chinos". They're a bit heavier than some cloths, meaning I can wear them in the autumn and some of the winter in the UK. They are a great, versatile colour. And they're slightly brushed on the surface (is "comfort feel" in the description code for brushed fabrics? They do feel comfortable.) They're in the $99 category but feel much higher quality than others at that level (to my taste). They hang nicely and I'll happily wear with a sweater and tennis shoes or with an odd jacket and a shirt.

16502_Beige_Cream_Twill_Chinos_1000x.jpg
Thank you for this recommendation I've been looking for a nice chino/tailored cotton trouser fabric, especially a brushed cotton for that extra soft feel. I have a pair of Brisbane Moss in 265G which are nice but feels a bit rugged/casual sometimes due to the stripes (in lack of a better word...) from the twill are more prominent than it seems to be on these.

markeronee

Reaction score
Excellent. May I ask which specific fabric on the site that is?
Also, would mind sharing your order number? I understand if you do mind lol.

My order number is 26540 and the link to my Oxford is this https://luxire.com/products/alumo-oxford-light-blue-candy-stripes-7451_1920_400_al

I just felt the fabric was stiffer then when I felt the swatch at the local shirtmaker place.

And seems that it’s better to have it unlined at least at the collar so that the whole shirt is softer.

As it was m first time making I didn’t know the default construction was the line the placket as well. The whole shirt is pretty stiff after wearing it once. Might try the lighter weight ones in future.

The J

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering how much shorter do you have your polos made up compared to shirts in terms of length? Cheers.

Bruges

Reaction score
Recently found out that Luxire is able to source most VBC fabrics even if they do not show in their current offering on their website.

I have a few suits from Suitsupply for which I now get new pants made. Shoudl they turn out fine, I will only buy the jacket from suitsupply and will get the pants made by Luxire.
thanks for the tip

emptym

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads