STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior Member

grrrrreat point

2. patliean1

patliean1 Distinguished Member

I learned this the hard way. Had Fresco trousers made up from Luxire to match a Fresco jacket from a local MTM shop. The colors did not match despite being the same Minnis fabric code.

3. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member

Dicey proposition. You'd probably have to consider some degree of color variance acceptable...

4. knoodie

knoodie Member

Absolutely. I gave it a try with one pair (fabric code: 486889/6) for which I have the suit with ill-fitting pants. I will see how it turns out of course, before conducting further experiments.

5. _coelho

_coelho New Member

Has anyone tried reproducing Marol's holiday collar? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Minnis recommends that they be informed if ordering for a set but in different orders. They can then try and cut the lengths from the same roll, if available.

But, my learnings from experiences in recent times suggest a bit more of caution when ordering from HFW/Minnis. Off-colors/dead-stocks/miscut-pieces are sometimes shipped to unsuspecting buyers in the name of "roll-to-roll-differences". Not something one expects from companies of good repute, but experiences suggest otherwise.

7. Quesjac

Quesjac Senior Member

I've enjoyed watching the website and the products get better and better from Luxire. One thing that's still a bit of a limitation is that some products have a number of very similar options, and it can be hard to pick between them from the descriptions. (Example: when writing this post I actually confused the pair I wanted to write about for a pair with an almost identical name.)

To that end, a strong recommendation for "Beige Cream Twill Chinos". They're a bit heavier than some cloths, meaning I can wear them in the autumn and some of the winter in the UK. They are a great, versatile colour. And they're slightly brushed on the surface (is "comfort feel" in the description code for brushed fabrics? They do feel comfortable.) They're in the $99 category but feel much higher quality than others at that level (to my taste). They hang nicely and I'll happily wear with a sweater and tennis shoes or with an odd jacket and a shirt.

[​IMG]

8. knoodie

knoodie Member

Does the picture accruately represent the color? I.e. is it as sand-coloured as in the picture?

9. Quesjac

Quesjac Senior Member

On my screen it's a good representation. I personally like a sandier beige and then also a cold cream (or grey) chino rather than the blander beige chino which is more common, but if you want the traditional American blazer-and-khakis colour then this isn't it.

It's not unlike this Armoury chino for screen photo colour

10. joacimbylehn

joacimbylehn Senior Member

Thank you for this recommendation I've been looking for a nice chino/tailored cotton trouser fabric, especially a brushed cotton for that extra soft feel. I have a pair of Brisbane Moss in 265G which are nice but feels a bit rugged/casual sometimes due to the stripes (in lack of a better word...) from the twill are more prominent than it seems to be on these.

11. markeronee

markeronee Member

My order number is 26540 and the link to my Oxford is this https://luxire.com/products/alumo-oxford-light-blue-candy-stripes-7451_1920_400_al

I just felt the fabric was stiffer then when I felt the swatch at the local shirtmaker place.

And seems that it’s better to have it unlined at least at the collar so that the whole shirt is softer.

As it was m first time making I didn’t know the default construction was the line the placket as well. The whole shirt is pretty stiff after wearing it once. Might try the lighter weight ones in future.

12. The J

The J Senior Member

Hey guys, just wondering how much shorter do you have your polos made up compared to shirts in terms of length? Cheers.

13. DFWWingnut

DFWWingnut Senior Member

I had mine about 1.5” shorter than my dress shirts.

14. Bruges

Bruges Senior Member

thanks for the tip

15. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator