STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Gabru

Gabru Senior Member

Nice timing on these, I was looking at the options yesterday and most of those were sold out!

2. Peter Axbrink

Peter Axbrink Member

Thanks a lot for all your help, I've never posted in the forum earlier but I feel very welcomed.

3. joacimbylehn

joacimbylehn Senior Member

Welcome :)

4. jeep364

jeep364 Well-Known Member

I am interested in a first time order of trial pants in olive twill from Luxire. I understand they are simply a trial pair, but would like to order chino style trousers with belt loops and a crease sans pleats. Which 'model' of trousers should I order?

A few more questions:
    1. Are the measurements quite accurate? Is extra room 'added' to your actual garment measurements?
    2. I noticed some excellent fabrics are on sale and noted some comments about sales in the thread. Are these certain times of the year or random? How long do they usually last?
    3. Once the trial pair is sorted, are all the options such as closure type, pockets, pleats, etc customizable on the finer fabrics? Does this option come up after your measurements are entered?
    4. For the more casual cotton trousers and some of the wool/poly trousers they mention machine wash. Does this absolutely change the measurements - I take it that will certainly change with the cotton trousers in the dryer.

Thank you.

5. Xune

Xune Member

If you provide actual measurements of finished garment then measurements are accurate. At least with shirts there's option to measure your body, but you don't know how much fabric they'll add in places - IMO better to measure your best shirt in terms of fit.

Black Friday only.

6. joacimbylehn

Unless there’s a clear option for a ready made model style you can just specify what you want on the comments section of your order.

I have a pair of cotton trousers in a Brisbane Moss fabric which I’ve washed at home in 30C. Before washing them I asked Luxire and they responded:
    “It is natural for all Cotton fabrics to shrink on washing. To manage this, we machine wash and dry each fabric before making it into your garment. This reduces the fabrics tendency to shrink though some fabrics still shrink a bit over the next few washes. We advise taking a 1% shrinkage into account but some fabrics can shrink upto 2% after you receive the garment.

These fabrics are best to hand wash, else the delicate cycle on your machine is preferred. The use of cold water is recommended. If you feel you must, then warm water but never hot water.”

I’ve only done the one wash, but have not experienced any noticeable shrinkage, although a bit more color fading than I expected.
    FWIW I would never put trousers (or any other article of clothing except underwear) in the dryer, regardless of material or make. It’s not worth the damage, and as you say cotton trousers will for sure shrink.

7. notdos

notdos Senior Member

I’ve had 3 pairs of jeans made, and in each case, increased the front and rear rise from the previous pair but can’t get rid of the wedgie.
    Can someone please tell me what measurement to adjust?

Thanks,
    Phillip :)

8. Chrisone

Chrisone Well-Known Member

Increase the back rise at crotch. Scoop the seat. Both must be asked for in the notes. It's discussed in detail in the tailor's thread.

9. jim8680

jim8680 Well-Known Member

I just received my first order from Luxire!
    I have great news and very disappointing news.
    The great first- I have a few Bespoke Turnbull Asser shirts. I love them, but I certainly don't love spending $550+ for a single shirt. A few other tailors have tried to replicate the fit from my T&A shirts, however they utterly failed. LUXIRE did not. They did an OUTSTANDING job. I am very detailed oriented, I ordered three shirts from Luxire and, they are all nearly identical (99%) to my T&A shirts. I am a happy camper!

Now for the ugly and disappointing news. I wanted my T&A shirts copied verbatim, so I sent one in. Upon it's arrival I discovered markings all over the shirt. Please see pictures of just the collar. Also @luxire any ideas on how to get rid of these markings?
    View attachment 904446

View attachment 904450

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

IMG_3856.jpg

10. joacimbylehn

Congrats on the successful replica. Did you try washing the T&A shirt shown in the pictures? I had one of my Luxire shirts come delivered with a turquoise stain on the sleeve, however it was gone after one wash. Hopefully it’s somewhat sloppy use of temporary textile marker or something similar

11. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

The long sleeve full placket pique is now my standard for long flights. Presentable and comfortable.

12. markeronee

markeronee Member

Just received my first shirt which was an alumo Oxford. Turn out much heavier than I expected.

Was just wondering I requested for the premium mop buttons but I was given the usual standard ones. Is there any option that I can add at the new website?

Also just wondering if it’s the norm to not sew the fabric label? I requested for the alumo tag to be sewn but It wasn’t.

Fit wise was ok I miscalculated the sleeves a little but overall everything good.

8730CA79-FA2E-4881-98FC-F7596F08212B.jpeg

6B00F93F-9FA0-4ACD-A47D-CA3D6BD9D5D2.jpeg

13. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Those look like the upgraded buttons to me. I can see the silver glow.

I've never had or heard of a shirtmaker sew the fabric maker's tag. I wonder if fabric makers even provide labels to shirtmakers.

14. Quesjac

Quesjac Senior Member

1. I don't think alumo et al supply enough tags to label every shirt. I could be wrong. I presume if there aren't any spare then luxire isn't going to hold up your order for weeks until the next batch comes in

2. Did you remember to pay the extra for the premium buttons? If not that might be the reason

Otherwise how do you like the fabric? I am wearing a very similar cloth own label ocbd today which is soft and quite thin, more like the new Drake's models.

15. patliean1

patliean1 Distinguished Member

Excellent. May I ask which specific fabric on the site that is?
    Also, would mind sharing your order number? I understand if you do mind lol.