• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

freehand

Reaction score

Anybody encounter this problem with their shirts? A small bump of fabric under the rear of their collar. Pretty common issue but I'm not quite sure how to remedy it for the next order.

This exact thing happens on about half of my RTW shirts (a variety of brands, not Luxire) and I'd be interested to know what the source of the issue is - I have a feeling it's either too narrow a yoke or some quirk related to my posture. Am about to order a Luxire shirt so I'll see if this problem happens on their shirts and look to tweak future orders accordingly. By the way Benjamin, nice artwork if that's your own handiwork.

SiegfriedFuerst

Reaction score
I

Quote: If it's the same issue that people experience with OTR suits, it can be remedied by lowering the collar.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its from the slope of your shoulders not the shirt...

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any special deals for Styleforum members?

Wade

Reaction score
The clothing can't really get any cheaper

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Teresa or anyone else....when ordering chinos how do I specify if I want a jean style button closure at the waist? In other words, I don't want an overlapping tab.

Want

Do not want
you just did. You can link them to this post or put the images in a zip or imgur and link them

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A website suggestion for the Luxire folks:

You need a wish list option where a customer can save something to a wish list and keep it there until he's ready to order.

scrolls

Reaction score
A website suggestion for the Luxire folks:

You need a wish list option where a customer can save something to a wish list and keep it there until he's ready to order.

Just make a Luxire bookmarks folder in your browser and save direct links to the stuff you want to order in the future.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
linen chambray shirt

really happy with my fit right now, and now those aren't my nipples, was just lazy with the ironing.

this one fits a little bit looser than my normal shirts.

joewmoss

Reaction score
linen chambray shirt

really happy with my fit right now, and now those aren't my nipples, was just lazy with the ironing.

this one fits a little bit looser than my normal shirts.

That's the same kind of fit I finally got right with the last oxford I got back from them. I found that what looked really good standing up was not so good sitting down for long periods of time at work.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
super fitted shirts aren't comfortable or practical, and look really disproportionate from any direction other than straight on looking in a mirror. it might look good in a magazine spread, but not in real life.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ exactly, that's what I found when I first started getting MTM shirts about three years ago. I got them all made too tight - if you can't comfortably sit down without the fabric pulling and stretching around your waist, then it's definitely too tight.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great fit Teger!

Have you thought about slightly reducing the shoulder width though?
I like my shoulder seams to sit right on the tips of my collarbone, but that might not be for everyone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads