• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried out the 12oz VBC 100% wool flannel yet? Thoughts on them?
https://custom.luxire.com/collections/pants/LUXVBCAW16

If so any idea who it compares to the 9oz flannels?
https://custom.luxire.com/collectio...barberis-canonico-flannels-grey-vbc_599_101_3

I have had both; the 9 oz is extremely comfortable and lightweight, but they tore at the crotch after two seasons of regular wear. The 12 oz is a bit warmer, but seems to be holding up better.

Quesjac

Reaction score
I have had both; the 9 oz is extremely comfortable and lightweight, but they tore at the crotch after two seasons of regular wear. The 12 oz is a bit warmer, but seems to be holding up better.

+1 I would avoid all 9 oz Italian flannel in the future after burning through a pricey Loro Piana cloth pretty rapidly.

AlexRamius

Reaction score
One thing about the 11oz VBC: @luxire does not seem to stock them. Thus, 8 weeks after ordering a pair, the trousers are nowhere to be seen.

It's quite annoying. I'm at my 12th order. Some of them took quite a while to be completed. I think the max was something like 3 months. Damn, even for a bespoke suit it takes less time. And they never did any commercial gesture.

I LOVE luxire trousers. I really do. But the other day I went RTW for a flannel trousers because a luxire VBC 9oz tore at the crotch, and I wasn't ready to wait an unknown number of weeks.

Last edited:

Bazsy

Reaction score
One thing about the 12oz VBC: @luxire does not seem to stock them. Thus, 8 weeks after ordering a pair, the trousers are nowhere to be seen.

It's quite annoying. I'm at my 12th order. Some of them took quite a while to be completed. I think the max was something like 3 months. Damn, even for a bespoke suit it takes less time. And they never did any commercial gesture.

I LOVE luxire trousers. I really do. But the other day I went RTW for a flannel trousers because a luxire VBC 9oz tore at the crotch, and I wasn't ready to wait an unknown number of weeks.
It could be an improvement in the new webpage that they simply mark which fabrics are stocked and which are on demand.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing about the 11oz VBC: @luxire does not seem to stock them. Thus, 8 weeks after ordering a pair, the trousers are nowhere to be seen.

Damn. It's looking like the Dugdale might be the play here but I worry that 14 oz would be way too heavy: https://custom.luxire.com/collections/pants/products/dugdale_flannel_-medium-grey-twill

Looking for something that can be worn for 3 seasons, hence the q about 9 v. 12 oz. Figured the 12 would be the happy medium between durability and temperature control...

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on the climate on where you are and how you deal with temperatures; I can't wear flannels over 10C, but I don't wear a jacket/vest over my suit other than a scarf and gloves before it's around 0C.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When re ordering at Luxire..

do most of you just reference a previous order number if its appropriate?..or do you actually go thru all the measurements and styles again?

ie:

duplicate shirt style and sizing from order number 1000 ,but use Luxire BD collar on this shirt

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When re ordering at Luxire..

do most of you just reference a previous order number if its appropriate?..or do you actually go thru all the measurements and styles again?

ie:

duplicate shirt style and sizing from order number 1000 ,but use Luxire BD collar on this shirt

Just reference old order number and add any modifications.

satchmo1983

Reaction score
Tough one here (mail@luxire was not able to identify this), but does anyone know what fabric this is? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

NOBD.jpg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn. It's looking like the Dugdale might be the play here but I worry that 14 oz would be way too heavy: https://custom.luxire.com/collections/pants/products/dugdale_flannel_-medium-grey-twill

Looking for something that can be worn for 3 seasons, hence the q about 9 v. 12 oz. Figured the 12 would be the happy medium between durability and temperature control...

The Dugdale flannel is a worsted flannel, and not nearly as thick/warm as a woolen flannel of similar weight. IMO it is fine as a 3-season fabric in most temperate climates.

AlexRamius

Reaction score
I ordered trousers to be made up in the 11oz VBC light grey flannel at the end of September, asked for an update last week and Luxire communicated that the fabric was in transit from the mill and will be arriving at their facility sometime this week. @AlexRamius

Yes, I had a similar answer on october 23, so a bit more than 3 weeks ago. Then a few days ago, I was told the fabric was held up at customs.
But I don't get it. How is it normal that a fabric takes 7 weeks to go from Italy to India? And if it's normal, why taking orders if they know so?

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @luxire

I thought it was worth noting that the search feature on the new Luxire site is basically nonfuctional and very frustrating. I will copy and paste a fabric after finding it into the search bar, and it won't display that fabric in the search results.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads