Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. breakaway01

breakaway01 Senior member

Attaching the sleeves at a right angle means a very shallow sleeve cap. It will give you more mobility but the downside is that the upper sleeves will look messy with your arms down at your sides as there will be excess fabric at the underarm. This excess fabric may even interfere with the fit of the shirt under a sportcoat or suit jacket.

I don't think @HammerHand's question is related to sleeve pitch.

2. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I'm experiencing some tightness under and above my arm. Ashish said he would be adjusting the armhole, but not the size of it.

3. deadAngle

deadAngle Senior member

Having the sleeves attached at a right angle also really helps with the shirt staying tucked in because you can move your arm any which way without lifting the body of the shirt. If you want more room in the sleeve cap, you could try combining it with some shirring.

4. breakaway01

breakaway01 Senior member

Shirring won’t really improve the way the sleeve looks with a very shallow sleeve cap. There is a tradeoff here between mobility with a shallow sleeve cap/larger sleeve angle and cleaner looking sleeve with a higher sleeve cap/smaller sleeve angle

5. 1up

1up Senior member

Anyone else have some difficulty wearing the 100% wool pants? Does the itchiness subside over time? Any tricks to alleviate this?

6. Quesjac

Quesjac Senior member

What sort of wool? If you mean a flannel, maybe buy a lighter/smoother cloth next time. Some people don't like the rougher ones.

You can ask for a lining (or more lining, if your current pair are only lined to the knee), which will make your trousers hotter but obviously help. A decent tailor can also line unlined trousers for you.

7. Chrisone

Chrisone Active Member

As those of us that grew up with knitted sweaters and woolen long johns knows: You'll eventually get used to it.

8. 1up

1up Senior member

Yes, it was the Mid Grey Wool Flannel pants. These are not lined at all, but are quite warm as-is, so I believe lining them would make them unbearable.

I'll just tough it out! :)

Any other suggestions for quality pants from them? I've tried these + the Wool Rich pants so far.