• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Bms259

Reaction score
Sorry to bum in, but I think the best thing to do right now is to get a shirt made up for you, be it mtm or bespoke where the tailor/fitter can measure you up in person, which accounts for everything including your stance, shoulder drop etc etc. That way when you send it in, it will just be a copy of the perfect shirt and I think that is something worth spending.

Thanks. You're definitely right. That's some good advice. Not sure I can do that. The closest thing to a tailor near me is Men's Warehouse...and the $100 or so for a MTM Proper Cloth or Luxire is about the most I can spend on a shirt.

Would maybe Proper Cloth be a better place to try to dial in a fit, then send it in to Luxire to get more fabric options in the future?

The J

Reaction score
Thanks. You're definitely right. That's some good advice. Not sure I can do that. The closest thing to a tailor near me is Men's Warehouse...and the $100 or so for a MTM Proper Cloth or Luxire is about the most I can spend on a shirt.

Would maybe Proper Cloth be a better place to try to dial in a fit, then send it in to Luxire to get more fabric options in the future?

Well, there's no wrong and right to this question I guess. It is totally up to you. IMO, Proper Cloth, Luxire, Shirtonomy are for those who already dialed their fit in and only tweak a few measurements at its minimal here and there as they are all about numbers. I still think if you can, like I mentioned previously get a shirt made either MTM or bespoke. Then, send it to any of those aforementioned above to be replicated. In the long run, I think it will save you more money than to go through the whole trial and error process with your own measurements, like @KC79 previously said.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone had success sending in a jacket sent in for replication. Shirts shoulders, milanese button holes, 3r2 buttoning, full canvas. Interested in a linen or linen/wool/silk option.

It's not precisely the same proposition, but I have sent in a Canali Kei jacket for replication/adaptation and plan to write a fairly extensive review when I receive the final suit.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, there's no wrong and right to this question I guess. It is totally up to you. IMO, Proper Cloth, Luxire, Shirtonomy are for those who already dialed their fit in and only tweak a few measurements at its minimal here and there as they are all about numbers. I still think if you can, like I mentioned previously get a shirt made either MTM or bespoke. Then, send it to any of those aforementioned above to be replicated. In the long run, I think it will save you more money than to go through the whole trial and error process with your own measurements, like @KC79 previously said.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oops......this should be above in the QUOTED reply......sorry.....

I agree....

PC is not really a good way to get a good fit.............they are good for final tweaks......Luxire as well......

How bout you go buy a nice shirt that fits well overall......then send that in to get it tweaked.

Bms259

Reaction score
oops......this should be above in the QUOTED reply......sorry.....

I agree....

PC is not really a good way to get a good fit.............they are good for final tweaks......Luxire as well......

How bout you go buy a nice shirt that fits well overall......then send that in to get it tweaked.

I've got a few shirts that fit well in one way or another, but are off in others. That's why I was thinking I could just adapt those measurements into a MTM and get a shirt that fits well most everywhere. I'm not really sure where to go to find a nice shirt that fits, especially being far from any type of legit clothing store, and having a limited budget.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
use a shirt where the body fits the best...chest waist, back....

and go from there.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2nd shirt...........tweaked the first shirt a wee bit. Its clear to me that trim well fitted shirts are just too restrictive for me.......I opened sleeve and armhole a wee bit.

un fused...no lining...Lux BD......

great cool hip vintage print///almost chambray denimee

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2897.JPG

palodelincak

Reaction score
download.jpeg

Has anybody ordered a shirt with collar pictured above? It's collar from this order https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...affiliate-thread.304965/page-819#post-7322327 ?

I have referenced order from link above, but Luxire was not aware of that collar in their logs. Anyway they tried to replicate this collar from photos, however it did not turn out well - collar is too tall, too wide and so on.

So if anybody have a more recent order with this collar I would be really thankful for order number.

Or is there some other nice one piece collar with good proportions?

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there's an option to select a one piece collar on their new website.

flvinny521

Reaction score
Or is there some other nice one piece collar with good proportions?

No luck just referring to it as the "Longflower?" It's nice, I would definitely consider using that one as well.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Take a look at the spreadsheet, there's at least one 1-piece in there (which I've used happily) and you can specify any collar by number on the spreadsheet and the Luxire team will know what you mean.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

I had a pair of the Mid Grey Wool Flannel 100% pants made, but I added a cuff - I wonder if that was a mistake given the thickness of this material, should I consider taking out the cuff? Does it look off?

IMG_0398.jpg IMG_0397.jpg

e

IMG_0395.jpg

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope looks good

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads