Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. SimonC

SimonC Senior member

I have a few pairs of the 9oz, and purchased them a few years ago during a Luxire sale.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much but they have been worn a lot including cycling to work, and I was just reflecting the other day that I can see no visible pilling, sheen or bald spots. They hold a crease as well as can be expected from light flannel.

They are also versatile - sure, not what you would normally think of as 9oz 'warm weather' trousers, but wearable year round in London.

So I would certainly buy them again, and it's made me view VBC more positively as well.

2. Patrick George

Patrick George New Member

I don't want to come here to spread negativity, as I love Luxire and completely admire what they do. I have all my shirts and trousers made by them, and as a result have almost completely given up on RTW.

However, I've been having trial pieces made in order to refine my measurements. The latest one has taken nine weeks so far, and I've yet to hear anything about it. It's a trial shirt and trousers. Moreover, the last few orders I've placed have taken equally as long or longer. I understand that these things take time and I'm perfectly willing to wait for quality. That being said, Luxire's website still makes the claim that most orders are shipped within two to three weeks. I don't think I've ever received an order as quickly as they claim, and I've placed a lot of them, dating back to 2013.

Is it not about time that Luxire update that claim, or better still, work towards improving their lead time? The quality and value of what they do is so exceptional, the only thing holding them back to my mind is the time one has to wait.

3. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

Unless an organisation is exceptional you can have two of these three things:

Cost
    Quality
    Time

4. WSW

WSW Senior member

Send them an email, I've had responses within 1-2 business days.

I've only had trousers made by them over the past few years and Luxire typically ships them out about 1 month after the initial order, so 9 weeks does seem a bit too long.

5. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Bizarre. I ordered on a monday and had shirts by the following monday.

6. Bazsy

Bazsy Well-Known Member

2-3 weeks is indeed the usual. I've had 5-6 during periods with many orders and sometimes under 1 week during summer months.

Mailing them is your best bet. Stuff sometimes end up in the wrong pile :)

7. Bartek

Bartek Active Member

My recent order (fresco cotton pants, modification of existing pattern) took almost ten weeks to complete, but I have also experienced pants/shirt orders completed in two weeks, seems a pretty random thing. I have a hypothesis, though (based on small sample of orders) that orders with attached pictures (for replicating a detail etc.) take significantly longer than the orders with just notes.

Regarding fresco cotton – I ordered the rust brown and the color representation on Luxire website is pretty correct. It is rather dark and warm brown, like dark mahogany, very versatile. It lightweight, but not super-lightweight (I guess about 200-220 gsm). I am not posting the pictures because I am unable to get the accurate color representation on my camera, and I don’t want to confuse anybody.

I also received OCBD in Warzone Plus White Oxford, and, contrary to some comments on the website, it is super-heavy fabric (my shirt weights about 12 oz., and I am pretty small guy, wearing 36R suits). For the comparison, my Sky Blue Oxford shirt, which is also a heavy fabric, weights 10.5 oz. I know Luxire changes and updates their “flagship” fabrics, so it may be the case. But I am by no means disappointed, in fact, this one is fantastic and makes great addition to Autumn/Winter wardrobe.

lux-warz1.jpg
    lux-warz2.jpg

8. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Ha!
    DSC_4924.jpg

DSC_4960.jpg

DSC_4957.jpg

DSC_4951.jpg

DSC_4923.jpg

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017 at 6:45 AM

9. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We recently made a Guayabera shirt in a Dugdale wool fabric. We did this for the first time. Some images below.

DSC_4720.jpg 4915.jpg DSC_4676.jpg DSC_4682.jpg DSC_4681.jpg DSC_4679.jpg DSC_4924.jpg DSC_4960.jpg DSC_4957.jpg DSC_4951.jpg DSC_4923.jpg