Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

I'd definitely go for the heavier weight. 270g is lightweight for flannel. At that weight, you'd want to go for a different material other than flannel. 340g is a great weight for flannels through fall and winter

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Agreed. 14 oz can be a little too warm if you tend to run hot and 9 oz is really light. 12oz (340g) is perfect.

3. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Those E.Thomas 90/10 wool and cashmere flannels are mighty intriguing.

4. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Last year we had them in 3 colors. They sold really well during the trunk shows. People would compare them with the Minnis and almost always choose the EThomas.

We now have 6 colors this season. Probably the best flannel out there in that weight category.

5. ericgereghty

Interesting. How do they perform with the cashmere? Well enough to be considered fairly durable? Minnis-esque?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017 at 2:55 PM

6. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

I have a jacket in E.Thomas cashmere blend that's great. Warm but breathable, but I can't compare to Minnis.

7. ericgereghty

In fairness, the Minnis comparison is mostly my attempt to get a feel for the cloth. I wouldn't expect it to perform exactly the same, given how durable Minnis tends to be compared to most other flannels, a la Fox.

8. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The answer we will only know in a few years.

The fabric is slightly thinner in thickness, in comparison to the Minnis. Which means, it has a dense weave. Dense weaves make the cloth stiff. The cashmere reverses that and adds to the breathability.
    The cashmere only adds to the softness, without taking away any of the durability.

I have intermittently worn my pants for a year now. I wash mine at home. I do not think I will need to replace them for a long time.

I think I can safely offer to replace pants made in the EThomas 15Oz flannel if they develop any snag upto 5 years after purchase.

9. thatitalian

thatitalian Well-Known Member

@luxire Would you be able to take some "real life" photos of the VBC mid grey flannel, the VBC dark navy flannel, and the very beautiful E Thomas Olive Brown flannel?

I really want to order these but just want to get a better idea of colour before. You can never tell with the online swatches.