Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior member

I do understand..........and I kinda agree....lol

2. O'Dell

O'Dell Member

I place an order recently and I need to make changes. I sent you guys an email but I never got a reply back. I surprised you don't have a phone number so you can talk with someone on the phone.

I sent you a pm. Can someone contact me so we can get this order straightened out.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017 at 7:12 PM

3. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior member

always surprised to hear when folks say this.... that they dont get responses...

I get a response w/ in a day or 2......ALWAYS.....ALWAYS

4. O'Dell

O'Dell Member

They seem very unorganized. There's two websites, on one of their websites you click on contact and the page is blank. You have to go to a completely different website to even get their contact information.

5. JIMB

JIMB Senior member

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! The collar is "broke and bespoke" button down, the details of which are in this thread. I had emailed a superset of these photos to Luxire and they responded with helpful feedback. They've been very responsive through the whole process.

I think shirt fabric has a big impact on how "clean" a static image looks. For comparison, here is another fabric with the same body measurements.

IMG_1393.jpg
    Cotton/linen madras: a few washes have made this fabric very comfortable, and it is quite breathable. Pants are RTW.

IMG_1392.jpg

The trousers were based on a MTM pair with a few construction details changed, like button cuffs. I'm a bit surprised they didn't hang more cleanly, but after a wash I'll compare more closely. Fair point on pattern for wool, though, @New Shoes1

IMG_1391.jpg
    The shirts are based on a MTM as well, but with a few iterations on fit not available from the original, like shoulder slope. Earlier versions had darts, which I visually don't prefer, so I asked Luxire to remove while keeping the fit similar. I'll take some snaps of that version to revisit the decision. Will consider increasing cuffs, too @aj805

I will not revisit the shirring, it is awesome ;) :fistbump: @patliean1 But seriously it also allows for a small armhole but a comfortable bicep.

6. Quesjac

Quesjac Senior member

Very sorry to report the disintegration of the crotch of my Loro Piana herringbone tweed trousers after no more than 10 wears. It's a soft cloth and I do generally cause a fair bit of wear in this area, but I wasn't expecting them to just dissolve one day.

I'm taking them to a tailor to see if there's any hope of patching them, since the location of the holes should be invisible, but this is a reminder to heed the warnings about lightweight Italian flannels.

IMG_20170916_083625.jpg

7. Terminator

Terminator Senior member

Me too - always

8. O'Dell

O'Dell Member

Luxire did get back to me today.

9. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Senior member

#22403_3.jpg #22403_1.jpg

The New Copper Chino: Style and comfort at your service!

Features: Side Metal Adjustors on waist band, Single Forward pleat, Slant front pockets, Button fly style.

10. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thank you for your mails and you PM. Am glad the issue was resolved.

For some reason, our system shows no trace of messages received from you before today.

11. O'Dell

O'Dell Member

Thank you for helping make the changes to my order!!! I look forward to receiving the shirts.

12. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

I like these- what's the weight on them?

13. bmartin

bmartin Active Member

14. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Trunk show update:
    The NY trunk show will be held on 14th October, 9AM to 6PM at the Sheen Center, Noho, on Bleecker Street.