Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. novaeagle

novaeagle Senior member

You may want to add more material to the back of your shirt as well. The front looks fine but the back looks extremely tight, probably uncomfortably so when sitting at a desk with your arms forward. Luxire will allow you to add material to the upper back without adding pleats, if that's your concern. I'd also considering adding to the lower back. For reference, pleats add 2" of fabric, so you could specify anything from 1" to 2". I ordered +1.25" back chest on my last shirts I believe.

Personally, when I first went MTM with luxire I wanted my shirts to fit perfectly, which meant super slim. Over time I've come to realize that getting your shirts that slim is both uncomfortable and discouraged me from wearing them (it's the weekend, why wear this super slim uncomfortable oxford when I should be relaxing?). Nowadays I get a slim-ish fit. Certainly not as slim as some Calvin Klein models, but hardly baggy, either, and I'm much happier for it - I actually WANT to wear my shirts, and they still look great. Seeing your pictures makes me wonder if you're where I was when I started, and maybe I can save you some time by telling you this :colgate:.

2. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

If anybody is interested in the G. Inglese BD collar, let me know (I can post it here, too). I just sent in my G. Inglese for replication, and I got the shirt yesterday. I'm impressed

3. PeteyPajamapant

PeteyPajamapant Active Member

Oh I definitely struggle with this all the time. I'll try a shirt on at home or at a store, and think, "oh wow this looks perfect!" But then when it comes to wearing the shirt for 10 hours straight, by hour 2 I'm wondering why I thought that was a good idea. It's difficult to find that crossroad between function and fashion.

This is definitely helpful, and I'll try that out. Thanks!

4. Quesjac

Quesjac Senior member

I think this is a familiar experience for lots of us: starting way too slim and working back towards some kind of balance.

I think perhaps the word fit is also part of the problem: it's not really about fitting the cloth exactly to the shape of your body but finding a shape of clothing that suits you, how you naturally move, etc.

5. bullethead

bullethead Senior member

Great collar....would love to see pics

6. vespertiliovir

vespertiliovir Active Member

No lie, I was wondering this morning if anyone had the GI BD copied. It would be awesome if you could share pics and order number (along with any instructions necessary)!

7. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior member

yes yes...lets seeeee!.....

curious how it compares to a Luxire Broke and Bespoke bd

btw!.....same here re slim fitting shirt. I tried for a perfect cut early in my mtm life......My "best" fitting shirts just feel a bit too tight thru the day. As stated, Ive too gone a bit looser but still a trim fit....just not a perfect second skin...lol

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017 at 5:34 PM

8. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Okay, will try and get some pictures up ASAP of the Inglese BD and compare it with the actual Inglese and Drake's. Sorry don't have any broke and bespoke or Luxire BD to compare it

9. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Sorry all for the shit photos everybody. I like it as it is not too high yet has great roll. I'm a neck size 41 - order 23071 (was only item in the order. It does have shirring on shoulders, back, and also has the g. inglese cuff.)

Here is Inglese v Luxire
    FullSizeRender 17.jpg
    FullSizeRender 18.jpg
    FullSizeRender 21.jpg

Again, not the most flattering pics but it came out very well

IMG_8489.JPG

10. RayRay

RayRay Well-Known Member

Sorry, just quickly... With the new website, do I need to create a new account again? Or will it be migrated over?

I can log in the original website fine but with the new one, it doesnt recognise my account info

11. hrv123

hrv123 Senior member

Anybody replicate a size 42 inglese?

12. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Senior member

13. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior member

wigglr

looks very good.

Did u replicate the collar 100%?....the spread seems different?....maybe...lol

PM sent to you

14. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Will be migrated, hopefully in a week.

You can create a new account with the same email id and we will merge the 2 accounts when we migrate the data.

15. chickenfark

chickenfark Senior member

Definitely agree with regards to slimness, my first pants were too slim and restricted movement, which I really don't like (bike to work)

@wigglr thanks for the pics! I'm also a 41 in GI and may just copy that for my first set of shirts.