• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Garasaki

Reaction score
Sort of stupid question I guess, but what is the range of magnitude for shipping costs for an order (to the US)? 10 bucks, 25 bucks, 50 bucks?

(I understand it depends on the order and location)

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this a photo or the colour of the fabric does not seem to be even similar to the one at luxire web site? It's much more brown than yellow, isn't it?
I just received a pair of copper chinos and the photo you posted (from the Luxire site) looks a lot more true to colour than chuckb's. I'd characterize it as a British Tan.

moopband

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with how much it costs to ship something back to India from the States?

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FedEx quoted me $90, which is when I asked Luxire to just remake the shirt.

Glad to hear they will let you ship it to NJ now.

Garasaki

Reaction score
Shipping is free

fing02[1].gif

Arg I looked around on the website but had no luck finding it. Obviously...I'm an idiot.

So the free shipping....seems like this is a pretty darn good deal, from where I'm sittin. I see many patterns in stock that I've visualized but never found at other retailers.

Also, I have a heck of a time finding pants (trousers for the sophisticated honkeys) that fit the way I want them. The idea of sending them a pair and having them copy the measurements is awesome.

chuckb

Reaction score
I just received a pair of copper chinos and the photo you posted (from the Luxire site) looks a lot more true to colour than chuckb's. I'd characterize it as a British Tan.
Interesting - I'd say the picture I posted is much closer to the actual color of my pants than the picture on luxire's site - more brown and less yellow. Perhaps it's due to variations in monitors.
I would also describe it is being like a british tan - at any rate, it's a very useful color.

chuckb

Reaction score
Please post the measurements in this thread--I'm sure there are many (myself included) would would appreciate it!

All right, I finally got around to measuring the collar on my mercer buttondown collar shirt.
The collar points are just shy of 3.5", the collar spread is about 3.5", and the collar buttons are 3.5" apart. I'm sending some pictures to Theresa at Luxire with measurements, so hopefully in future one could just ask for a "Mercer collar" and that's what you'd get.
For reference, here's a picture of my mercer shirt compared to a luxire buttondown - I asked for a specific collar point length, but did not specify anything about spread. The mercer is underneath, the luxire is on top of it.

ammanati

Reaction score

Displacement

Reaction score
My tux shirt is due to arrive tomorrow and this is today's progress: Bangalore -> Mumbai -> Dubai City -> Dubai -> Bangalore.

Fedex has already lost my wedding band this week and now they're trying to lose my shirt.

Last edited:

Wade

Reaction score
My tux shirt is due to arrive tomorrow and this is today's progress: Bangalore -> Mumbai -> Dubai City -> Dubai -> Bangalore.

Fedex has already lost my wedding band this week and now they're trying to lose my shirt.
When i checked my tracking this morning it said the same as yours. Now tracking says it left ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow before 10:30 too
Yours seem to be for a formal event so might be time sensitive but i have finals the next two days and won't be home when fedex comes so doesn't matter for me either way
[/FONT]

Last edited:

joewmoss

Reaction score
When i checked my tracking this morning it said the same as yours. Now tracking says it left ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow before 10:30 too
Yours seem to be for a formal event so might be time sensitive but i have finals the next two days and won't be home when fedex comes so doesn't matter for me either way
[/FONT]
Once it gets to the US, it gets to you fast...it's fascinating to track FEDEX. It takes more time to get out bangalore than it does once it leaves Europe for the US.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After my excellent experience with my custom pocket square (now offered to all under the "Sun never sets" moniker) I decided to order a pair of pants and a shirt.

Went with body measurements for the shirt, and clothing measurements for the pants. Will be interesting to see how close the initial clothes come to the right size. (I ordered both from less-expensive fabrics initially, and will hold off on the more expensive builds until I get the fit dialed in.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics