1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I agree with this. When I first started getting MTM shirts years ago, I tried to get that GQ look and all my sleeves were too slim. Would have looked great for a fashion shoot, but I ripped holes in the elbows on all of them within months. I know better now :)

1 person likes this.
  2. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

[​IMG]

Pink Gingham. 3" Gauntlet, rolled past the elbows.

2 people like this.
  3. atoms

atoms Senior member

Looks great mrjester. If I didn't have so many gingham shirts already I might add that to my list. Wear it in good health!

1 person likes this.
  4. luxire

luxire Senior member

We will charge $30 extra for any other shade except the raw shade.

Yes, you can share an image of the desired shade. The exact same cannot be guaranteed, but will be similar .

5. luxire

luxire Senior member

From the shirts, we can possible copy the yoke measurement and possibly the sleeve length can be derived.

We would not know how the shirt fits as compared to how the jacket should. It is better that you provide measurements. The reversible would cost $200

6. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

Luxire,

I'm preparing thoughts for a prospective order (trousers and shirts). My question: Is there a limit to the extent to which I can customise the specifications? Ideally, I would wish to specify more or less every detail—this would not be to undermine your working style, but rather to prevent the headaches and issues of miscommunication I've previously experienced with online MTM (and to satisfy my OCD).

For example, with trouser pleats I notice you tend you set them with a gap approx. 0.75" below the waistband seam, in more of an Italian style. Instead, would you be willing to set pleats into the waistband with no gap between or exterior stitching, as in the picture below on the right?

[​IMG]

Also, if I'm not mistaken, you tend to stitch the fly at a width of 1.5", presumably to match your shirt plackets of the same width. Instead, could I request a slightly narrower 1.375" fly (and shirt placket, for that matter)?

These are just two examples of customisation that come to mind. However, upon ordering, there would be many more.

7. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

8. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

It looks as if this worked out fairly well, but I'm curious if you now wish that you had added more of your own custom specs. I have also just ordered a shirt with a collar height of 1.75" (Semi-spread). They told me that they would just adjust everything else so that it would be right. It seemed easiest to just give it a shot, so we'll see. I considered the English spread, but I thought it might be too wide once the height was increased.

9. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

What is the base price? 75$?

OK, thanks for all the help concerning denim shirts. :)

10. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

I need input regarding measurements.
    I quite like the fit and feel comfortable in the shirt, any excess fabric anywhere? Anything that needs to be less tight?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks guys.

11. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

I would slightly reduce the shoulder width, yoke and armhole.
    I would drastically reduce the biceps measurement/slim the entire sleeve.
    The fits looks fine in the torso.

Which fabric is the shirt?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  12. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

That looks like its probably quite tight when sitting down...?

13. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Thanks you two.

Fabric:
    Sky Blue Hairline Stripes

I am comfortable sitting down, doesnt feel tight around the waist or the chest.

Overall, my impression was similar to Louis, there seems to be quite a bit of excess fabric in the biceps area.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  14. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

2 people like this.
  15. burghler

burghler Senior member

I'm gonna disagree with this slightly. I would reduce the yoke as indicated above and leave the armhole as it is. It looks about right to me in the pictures posted. I would also only slightly reduce the width of the sleeves throughout, if at all. There doesn't appear to be an inordinate amount of extra fabric through the arms. And a shirt fitting like this is much more comfortable when moving and bending your arms than the alternative IME. On another note, I'd probably suggest ordering/buying trousers with a higher rise[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Horses for courses, I guess.
    To me there is an obvious disbalance between a slim torso and wide sleeves.
    That disbalance makes the shirt look off.
    I prefer a slim shirt, so I suggested to have the sleeves slimmed.
    Of course one could also argue to widen the torso according to the sleeves.
    Spurious will know best which cut he prefers.

17. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Sleeves don't look too bad to my eye, maybe slim the bicep area very slightly. Be careful not to slim it any further at the middle part of the sleeve though, like emptym said above, slimming sleeves too much will most likely result in a lot of busted elbows. Make sure you can bend your arms comfortably without the fabric pulling across your elbow, because if it's pulling too tightly in that area then it's probably too small of a measurement.

18. Zarium

Zarium Senior member

I disagree with "drastically" slimming the sleeves. Slim them only slightly. They look fine and a very slight slimming down will present a nice compromise of looks and comfort. Armholes are fine. Any higher and they might become uncomfortable and "cut" into you when you hold your arms forward.

19. kulata

kulata Senior member

Shoulders too wide
    Biceps can do with a little slimming 0.25-0.5 inches off
    Dart the back to cleanup the bunching

20. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Sure but ultimately I'd be pleased with this shirt. I'd start by .25" since it looks great already.