• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ammanati

Reaction score
Luxire, if you let me know what measurements you want I'd be happy to measure the collar of the mercer buttondown shirt I have.

The copper chino is a different color from the pants in that picture - maybe a bit darker and less yellow? As far as weight goes, 250g is much lighter than 17oz (17oz is 480g), so if you're after that maybe you'd be better off with something like the Khaki heavy twill or moleskin?
I'm getting the pants back from the alterations tailor on Saturday, so won't be able to post pictures until then.
I'll think it through.
I'm really looking forward to these photos. Saturday it is

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

chuckb

Reaction score
I'm not sure why people are obsessed w/ Mercer collars. They work for some, but not for others. Each person needs to find what suits his/her physical features and preferences.

It happens to be unlined and unfused, but you can get a good collar roll w/ lined and/or fused collars.

And it happens to have 1/2" collar space and 3.25" long points. That looks good for my face, 15.5" neck, and four-in-hand knots. But imho the thing to do is to find the right configuration for you, not to duplicate a RTW brand.
For me, it's no so much that the mercer collar is the platonic ideal of buttondown collars, but rather that I haven't been totally satisfied with the buttondown collars on my luxire shirts, and I find the collar on my mercer shirt to be a better shape for my tastes. (It's worth noting, though, that I like the looks of your collar better than the ones I have - the spread on mine is too narrow to reasonably wear a tie).
It seems to be not be as simple as attaching a picture or saying I want a certain collar spread, as I have done that and they still haven't turned out quite right.
So at Theresa's request I'll be sending in detailed pictures and measurements of the collar on the mercer shirt I have, in the hopes that I can combine a perfect (for me) collar with the damn near perfect fit of my luxire shirts.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For me, it's no so much that the mercer collar is the platonic ideal of buttondown collars, but rather that I haven't been totally satisfied with the buttondown collars on my luxire shirts, and I find the collar on my mercer shirt to be a better shape for my tastes. (It's worth noting, though, that I like the looks of your collar better than the ones I have - the spread on mine is too narrow to reasonably wear a tie).
It seems to be not be as simple as attaching a picture or saying I want a certain collar spread, as I have done that and they still haven't turned out quite right.  
So at Theresa's request I'll be sending in detailed pictures and measurements of the collar on the mercer shirt I have, in the hopes that I can combine a perfect (for me) collar with the damn near perfect fit of my luxire shirts.

Please post the measurements in this thread--I'm sure there are many (myself included) would would appreciate it!

joewmoss

Reaction score
What about the Barba collar style. I've seen a few examples of those posted here including a recent one. It looks pretty good to me. I'm in the same situation as you, I want a bit more roll in the button down collars from Luxire but I;m too busy right now to do the measurements thing again.

joewmoss

Reaction score
I don't know that much about it either, I was just wondering. I have one of your Royal Oxfords (pink), and it certainly does not have the sheen of other Royal Oxfords I have seen (which is not a problem for me). This lead me to believe it might be pinpoint.

Perhaps someone will step in and definitively answer this.
I can't claim to be "definitive" on this matter but I can attest to my own experience with my tyrwhitt shirts and a swatch of Luxire Royal oxford.

I have a set of Tyrwhitt Imperial oxford shirts and a couple of their Royal oxford shirts. The Imperial weave is beautiful. It's square, with a modest sheen and definitely tightly woven and smooth and different than the Royal Oxford (CT or Luxire). I just wish it was fitted like a Luxire shirt...it's not bad, but the fit is not as good even though these are retail $150/ea shirts.

The Royal oxford Tyrwhitt shirts are more finely woven than plain oxford but not like the Imperial, but still nice. It's lighter than either the Imperial or the plain. It (royal) is similar (if not identical) to the royal oxford swatch I have from Luxire.

chuckb

Reaction score
Please post the measurements in this thread--I'm sure there are many (myself included) would would appreciate it!
Will do, certainly. With luck, once luxire has the collar measurements from a mercer shirt, one could simply specify the mercer collar, and they'd know just what to do.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the past I have not shyed away of posting criticism regarding the products and customer service of Luxire.
I believe this forum should not only be used to praise certain manufacturers but to exchange experiences, good and bad ones.

Today I would like to share a good one.

I have sent in two Luxire shirts I wanted a remake of alongside a shirt of mine I wanted Luxire to copy the sleeves of.
I posted earlier that the production and shipping was delayed and that I would not receive them in time.
I was wrong, they arrived on the 13th for my event on the 14th.
Unluckily I was not able to pick them up in time but of course that is not to blame on Luxire.
Also, the sleeves were copied nicely to one of the remade shirts.
The second remake is off at several measurements (collar construction, collar width, sleeve length etc.) which I am a bit confused about but which I don't want to go into detail about at this place because I think I will be able to sort it out with Theresa, who replied to today's email very quickly.

What I wanted to share with you was the fact I sent in an old shirt of mine which was one of my favorites and which was worn so much it had lost all it's four buttons on the cuffs.
It was a nice little surprise Luxire did not only take measurements from the shirt but replaced the buttons on the cuffs, washed and ironed the shirt before sending it back to me.
I think it shows that Theresa and Luxire did take our criticism seriously and it shows their great effort to satisfy us.
Because of it I will give them another chance and will order one more shirt which I hope will come in the "perfect" fit for myself.

Thanks Luxire for the effort with shipping and the buttons on my shirt!

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's pretty awesome. Glad you decided to give it another go. I always give Therese the most confusing requests, in multiple emails and multiple email chains, and the work always gets done exactly as I ask. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I knew what I was asking for.

ETA: What's everyones' count of Luxire products? I have 3 shirts sent in, 1 pant sent in, 2 shirts on the way, 7 hanging up. So a tentative total is 12 shirts, 1 pant.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it Louis.

I had them make me a tuxedo shirt for an event I had last weekend. I emailed Theresa and told her about the tight timeframe, and they were able to get me the shirt the day before my event. The shirt was perfect.

Christopher Essex

Reaction score
^ I have 6 shirts so far and have just ordered another 6, with a few tweaks and different collars this time.

I've been very happy with the ones I currently have and look forward to the new ones.

I'll probably give the pants a try in a few months.

emptym

Reaction score
I think I now have a dozen shirts, six pairs of pants, a cotton suit, and bucket hat. Three sport coats and a harrington jacket are on order. A pocket square and another pair or pants or two will probably be next.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
can anyone comment on the lightweight pant fabrics? looking for a well priced cotton that's good for the summer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads