1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

Luxire just wanted me to note that in the comments: adjust hip and back area. That was it. You should ask them. I can make a photo of me wearing last and previous pants (next to each other, preferably from the back) and Luxire can point out the difference

2. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Thanks, I'm still figuering out the measurements, but as soon as I get my pant that fits nice, not perfect, I will send them some pics.

3. kulata

kulata Senior member

Is your jacket padded in the shoulders or you have a very square but rounded shoulders?

4. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Hmm.. Very odd shoulder padding... Also, do my eyes betray me or is the right lapel wider than the left?

5. JW Cyrus

JW Cyrus Active Member

Reasons in first post:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...g-official-affiliate-thread/3240#post_6440014

The lapel size my own fault, sloppy camera work which you can see more clearly on the back shot; I'm facing the wall directly but the shot is slightly angled.

6. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

TTO, those pants look wonderful. They're very generous to use the horn buttons even where invisible, like on the cuffs. There is one potential disadvantage to them though. I prefer hanging my pants by the cuffs and buttons there make that difficult. So I've gone back to stitched-down cuffs.
    A reversible harrington is a great idea with, as you say, just a few tweaks. I'd probably want the collar and cuffs to match when reversed. How's my unlined red one coming along? Any trouble sourcing the two-way zipper?
    That looks great for a first jacket imo, particularly the back. Does the collar hold snugly against your neck? The lower fronts look a little off balance, based on the angle of the checks. But maybe that could be solved by a slight tug on the front of the jacket. It could be caused by your broad shoulders and relatively narrow hips. I'm no tailor though. The sleeves do look a bit long. But I'm told it's best to have linen sleeves a bit long, since they wrinkle and that causes them to ride up. Based on the side view, I would taper the sleeves a bit toward the wrist. Thanks for posting the pics.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  7. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Luxire shirt in action! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. Yika

Yika Senior member

sweet

1 person likes this.
  9. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

I just placed an order for a shirt with very much the same collar. What did you specify to get that one? I just sent in a bunch of pictures...

10. JW Cyrus

JW Cyrus Active Member

Thanks for lending your opinion emptym. I'm actually pleased with the jacket for what it is, and none of the problems shown are really Luxire's fault, and hopefully people understand this is all part of the process.

The collar did seem to sit well against the neck, but I didn't wear it long, so I'll have to give a second opinion after an actual wear. The jacket is in fact off balance where you pointed out, I don't know the cause either, but I'm sure if I bring it up Luxire will have ideas. The sleeve fullness is partially my fault, with the overall silhouette and heavy material of the sent in jacket the sleeves looked appropriate, I didn't think to ask to have them slimmed down along with the rest of the jacket.

11. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes, the collars, cuffs, and the bottom can be faced accordingly. We should be able to get the 2-way zippers for the jackets. Would be visible on your red one, which is in progress.

12. luxire

The 4 on the right are the same denim fabric with different washes.

The 2 on the left are shades on the same denim fabric.

It appears a bit creased as has not been ironed or finished. This was done quickly to give an idea.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. TTO

TTO Senior member

Do you currently stock the Cape Breeze fabrics, I couldn't spot them, could you let us know the current price?
    -TTO

14. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

For this one I didn't know that I could customize the collar a lot, so I asked for the English spread, I think that how it's called in the website, but I asked for the height of the collar to be 1.75".

15. luxire

Yes, we have not yet added those on the site. Can still be ordered. Pants would cost $249.99

16. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

No prob. I think the upper part of the sleeves look great. I'd just taper the cuffs a bit. As in shirts, a full upper arm through the elbow allows for easy mobility. Slim sleeves eventually lead to blown out elbows, at least ime.
    Wounderful. Thanks Ashish! Very interesting about the denim washes. The fading on the shirts someone posted indicates the fading was done after the shirt was shown. I'm guessing that would be a difficult process.

17. luxire

Most garments are faded after they are washed. That is the standard process. That is how the facilities are designed too. The machines do not handle fabrics as well as they handle the garments.

18. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

What's the price point of a reversible harrington jacket? If I were to send you a bespoke shirt, could you make a jacket based on these measurements?

19. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

do you still offer a CMT option?

20. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

Excellent, Luxire!

Would the price be equivalent to the casual denim shirt (at 75$ or more? I was thinking of getting a shirt in the #4 wash on the picture here, should I just link to an image of a similar shirt when I want to order?