1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Search the thread. It's been quoted 1000 times. And with this amount of posts about it, just call it the curved cutaway from nobd.

2. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

How we imagine the future to be:

Customers will take measurements using Kinect cameras.

The data will be used for making a live size model of the customer using 3D printers.

Perfectly fitting clothes every time.

Timeline: It is all possible today, but expensive. Should get affordable in the not too distant future.

3. zeBanker

zeBanker Senior member

Boys, don't snitch my ideas ;)

4. JW Cyrus

JW Cyrus Active Member

Presenting part one my Luxire jacket overview w/ pictures!

I first contact Luxire in late February to discuss having the jacket made. After a bit of discussion, I decided to send them a jacket that had a few fit problems as the reference piece and work with them on making adjustments to the final piece. The reasons for this are a bit complicated, but to keep a long story short, my company actively discourages jackets and ties in case the engineers need to go assist the manufacturing side. On the other hand we're required to wear them when meeting with one of our customers (primarily the military) for field testing or design reviews. So that leaves me with my current set up of a couple good suits & blazer from my tailor and random jackets from before I lost weight. Not being able to risk not having a suit when I needed it I opted to send the ill fitting (by SF standards) jacket.

Once again, to be clear: Luxire did not have a perfect model off which to base their jacket, keep that in mind.

After seeing the Fedex delivery status updated to say it was waiting for pickup at my local office, I headed there and was informed they had sent it to the wrong office. Already running behind for my date that night, I decided to cut my losses and pick it up later that night (24 hour Fedex), which explains the unnatural light and poor picture quality.

[​IMG]

A new day came, and I pulled the jacket from its sheath, battered by shipping, to inspect and take pictures of for the collective. Very first impression was that Fedex ran over the jacket a few times with their truck given how wrinkled it was.

I apologize for the home office photos but that's the only decent spot in my house for pictures of the jacket.

[​IMG]

Second impressions were largely positive. The linen fabric I ordered is fantastic, luxuriously soft with a great texture to it. It is, however, a bit heavier than I expected, but I'll withhold judgement until I can use it outside in the Florida heat. The construction is solid all around, not a loose thread or puckered seam in sight, and the canvassed construction gives it enough body that I don't have any concerns about it crossing the line from "wrinkled sprezz" to "slept in it last night" during wear.

For reference, my design requirements were "notch lapel, double vented, two button, flap pocket", leaving the rest to them. I've found that the first couple of jackets almost always have problems, and keeping the design simple helps you control the process to find the perfect fit. The jacket is fully lined, I floated the idea of partial lining but went with full bemburg on Luxire's suggestion, so we'll see how it wears.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Going a bit more into detail, we arrive at the horn buttons on the jacket front and sleeves. They're attached by one of the more significant thread shanks I have seen and exactly the buttons I hoped would be on the final product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really, all that's left to do are discuss the details of the jacket, all of which are done voluntarily by Luxire without any requests on my part. They're nice little touches, and well executed on the whole.

Flower loop on the back of the lapel and the only spot I noticed anything resembling a dangling thread.

[​IMG]

Pattern matching on the breast pocket. So close to being perfect...so close...

[​IMG]

Shot of the inside label and pocket. Sorry for not using pumice on my hands, but I hadn't yet.

[​IMG]

Unique lapel roll, if you like the style, tell Luxire you want the "attacked by a bear/delivered by FedEx" style lapel.

[​IMG]

To sum things up from a pure construction standpoint, Luxire's jacket is a fantastic value for what you receive. The process of getting your measurements adjusted and nailing down design specifics is a bit onerous at the moment given the program's infancy, but Luxire's customer service does a fantastic job of helping smooth over the wrinkles. As for a fit, we'll have to wait until I get the jacket cleaned and pressed so I can accurately represent their work.

You can find these alteration/finishing marks all over the jacket if you're looking close enough.

[​IMG]

I guess we'll just call it character and move on...

(All linen I've ever encountered has these runs in the weave, it just comes with the territory.)

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  5. MattR

MattR Senior member

Very exciting. This has a lot of promise for future orders. Thanks for sharing!

6. luxire

:)
    For this one, we can proudly claim that it is an original.

The using Kinect for measurements has been floated before, but using it for making a 3d model to be used for fitting, no. Not that we know of.

7. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Definitely interested to hear how those chocolate brown linen turns out. That's at the top of my list for Luxire pants.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  9. zeBanker

zeBanker Senior member

I tried something quite similar in a very similar field... but things are still to follow up, good luck though! Innovations bring great new products and thereby are always favourable!

10. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Luxire, Solaro fabric would be a welcome addition to your range.

11. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Yeah. I got the Luxire version to test it out. I removed the pleats since linen is, in my opinion, a more relaxed look. Also pinned a bunch of fabric. I have a very weird body that's hard impossible to fit off the rack, which is why I'm so excited to get Luxire to do my pants.

Check out the before/after on what I think we've decided.

Before is on the right. Next alteration is on the left.

[​IMG]

12. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

13. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Joe -

Did you mean to add a comment to that?

Found it, I see if you asked if that was the brown linen.

No, I mentioned it just after that post. It's cotton that feels more like wool. This pair will be altered and saved for winter.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  14. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Finally placed an order. 2 pair of minnis fresco. A large amount of money (for me) for a first order/first try, but yall have given me plenty of confidence in Luxire, and I have almost no changes from the incotex pants I'm sending in.

15. Teger

Teger Senior member

providing measurements, and they're not awful, just .. not that great.

16. XFactor

XFactor Senior member

Could you give some estimates/ quotes for a fresco suit? Maybe inbox message it. I was told you guys offer great bang for the buck

17. luxire

The hunter green is a better match.

The bronze twill is a good match, though not exact.

Brown chinos - No reason to say no, just not come across the right fabric. Hopefully soon.

18. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

With and without tie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. luxire

Thank you for the suggestion. Trying to open a communication with Smith & co.

20. luxire

Suits in Fresco will start at $600. The attached image is a testimony to the "bang for the buck"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    2 people like this.